With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

BrightHeart76

I just realized that in two and a half weeks I'll be in my hotel room, ready for Fanime.   ;D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

BrightHeart76

Hi everyone!

We're updated again.  We have 85 cosplayers on the board.  This year is going to be amazing!!

I've got the Fanime jitters.  I'm very excited to get to Fanime this year.  I hope you guys are too.  It's going to be a great year.  Lots of fun to be had by all.   ;D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

100buttons

GAH! DX
okay, I have my Hinata Shippuden cosplay done, BUT, was planning on being in the pirate vs ninja shoot as a PIRATE...
and that shoot is at 12 noon right before the naruto gathering which is at 1 pm. T_T
...do you think it would be okay if i stayed for a little bit at the pirate vs ninja shoot then changed reeeeally fast to go to the naruto gathering late?
Cosplays for Fanime 2009:
- Yachiru
- Hinata (Shippuden)
- J-rock
- Pirate

Eliteslayer

That's pretty much what I plan on doing, 100buttons, and I think it should work out for those of us who are attending both. The ninja vs pirates shoot shouldn't take any more than 45 minutes, if I recall from last year correctly, so there should still be time for people who are pirates at the shoot to switch to ninjas before the Naruto gathering.

At least I hope so... otherwise I might end up looking like Straw Hat Luffy in an Akatsuki robe. Gum Gum no Jutsu?
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

jessybuttons

Quote from: Eliteslayer on May 04, 2009, 03:05:14 PM
That's pretty much what I plan on doing, 100buttons, and I think it should work out for those of us who are attending both. The ninja vs pirates shoot shouldn't take any more than 45 minutes, if I recall from last year correctly, so there should still be time for people who are pirates at the shoot to switch to ninjas before the Naruto gathering.

At least I hope so... otherwise I might end up looking like Straw Hat Luffy in an Akatsuki robe. Gum Gum no Jutsu?
haha XD
okay, thanks for that, i hope it doesn't take to long to change =_=
but yeah i'm gonna have to change my makeup detail and such.. meh
If you miss someone, it just means it's your hearts way of telling you that you love them.

xemnass

I will be attending as Shippuden Sakura. Also me and my friends are all doing Naruto. ALot do not have an account here so I will post for them. All costumes are from Shippuden.

Xemnass~Sakura
Sweet_illuzions~Hinata
Joanna~Ino
Ozzy~Shikamaru
Alex~Asuma

And we may have an Itachi with us as well.

BrightHeart76

This is going to be a TIGHT fit.  The thing is unlike previous years when we could delay the big group photo for people who are changing to give them a few extra minutes.  This year Fanime is taking a big "official" group photo at the very beginning.  I'd hate for you guys to miss that.  Please try to make sure you have enough time.  I'd hate to miss you in the group photo.

I updated again today.  Xemnass' group puts our list over the 90 cosplayers mark!  I'm so excited.  I think this year is going to be HUGE!!!  I'll be super excited if we get 100 or more cosplayers on the list.  It's going to be amazing to see how many cosplayers will be at the Gathering!!   ;D

roth14

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 04, 2009, 06:38:54 PM

This is going to be a TIGHT fit.  The thing is unlike previous years when we could delay the big group photo for people who are changing to give them a few extra minutes.  This year Fanime is taking a big "official" group photo at the very beginning.  I'd hate for you guys to miss that.  Please try to make sure you have enough time.  I'd hate to miss you in the group photo.

Do you have any tips for the people RUNNING from each gathering?

Eliteslayer

If worse comes to worse, I'll leave the Ninjas vs Pirates shoot early to run back to my room, but I'm a decent sprinter when I put my mind to it, so as long as I give myself fifteen minutes I should be able to make it on time. A few of the details, like Kakuzu's stitching and the wires I mentioned, I may have to deal with while there, but it'll all work out.

Just to be safe, though, I suggest a few trial runs. Figure out the distance between the two gatherings and hotel room, find out how long it takes to run that distance, add the time it takes to switch costumes, and a few minutes for the elevator. Or, if you're no good at math, like me, cross your fingers.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

BrightHeart76

Quote from: roth14 on May 04, 2009, 07:05:53 PM

Well I suppose I should say that you should support your Naruto friends by being a Ninja at the Ninja's vs. Pirates.  But that's silly, be what you want to be.  (I guess we could create a new Ninja / Pirate Hybrid...a Ninrate)

I'd probably guess that the best thing would be to figure out how long it takes for you to change.  How long it takes for you to get to and from your room on a busy day.  Then you can figure out when you need to leave. 

If your cosplays are similar enough you could see if you can bring the pieces you need to change and save yourself the stress of getting to and from your room.

100buttons

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 04, 2009, 07:36:33 PM

Well I suppose I should say that you should support your Naruto friends by being a Ninja at the Ninja's vs. Pirates.  But that's silly, be what you want to be.  (I guess we could create a new Ninja / Pirate Hybrid...a Ninrate)

I'd probably guess that the best thing would be to figure out how long it takes for you to change.  How long it takes for you to get to and from your room on a busy day.  Then you can figure out when you need to leave. 

If your cosplays are similar enough you could see if you can bring the pieces you need to change and save yourself the stress of getting to and from your room.
actually that's what i was thinking of doing XD
you see i have a treasure chest i was gonna bring with me while i'm a pirate and i was thinking of hiding a few things in it..
and my other things that won't fit i'll just leave at my cousins table in artist alley...
@_@
or i might wind up killing myself in the process of all the hurrying.. =_=
Cosplays for Fanime 2009:
- Yachiru
- Hinata (Shippuden)
- J-rock
- Pirate

roth14

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 04, 2009, 07:36:33 PM

Ah thank you. Hopefully i may be able to convince either my mom or my friend to hold some pieces of my costume. Don't want anything to get stolen.

PinkHairSasuke

Everyone's talking about the rush between Naruto and PvN :-\ Im sorry about that but I scheduled it in between because I wasn't sure if it would conflict with the Naruto Picnic if I scheduled it for after the Naruto Gathering. Again Im sorry for any trouble its causing anyone

BumbleB

Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

BrightHeart76

Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on May 05, 2009, 07:36:22 AM
Everyone's talking about the rush between Naruto and PvN :-\ Im sorry about that but I scheduled it in between because I wasn't sure if it would conflict with the Naruto Picnic if I scheduled it for after the Naruto Gathering. Again Im sorry for any trouble its causing anyone

No worries!  It's hard to take on a gathering.  You're doing fine!  If this is the worst thing we come across in the entire gathering...heck we're doing fantastic.   ;D

Just over two weeks to go!  Wohoo!!!!

luluuxduplica1223

Whoa. It's only a few weeks left. o_o I don't know if i should be happy Fanime's here, or sad that I waited to get money, and some other items for cosplay until the last minute. xD

Well, I'll be sure to make this gathering, even though From Saturday-Sunday, I have a few gatherings each day, so costume changes will be used, So I may be just a bit late. Unfortunately, I don't know if my Sasuke can come. She's having problems with grades, so she may be grounded from doing things fun like Fanime. My Sakura may be to. Oh well. I can never be sure. xD Sorry everything keeps changing with me. :D
Proud member of  Moral Insanity Cosplay group :D
http://moralinsanitycosplay.deviantart.com/
My deviantart:
http://luluuxduplica1223.deviantart.com/

*Organizer of the Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Gravity Falls, and Wonderland gathering at Fanime Con 2013! :D*

ruby19_4

last year I made it late, so I just stand and watch. I will so join in. It looks fun. I will be on my Deidera cosplay. Um... hope i spell it right. thx.

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 05, 2009, 08:05:04 PM
Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on May 05, 2009, 07:36:22 AM

No worries!  It's hard to take on a gathering.  You're doing fine!  If this is the worst thing we come across in the entire gathering...heck we're doing fantastic.   ;D

Just over two weeks to go!  Wohoo!!!!

Alright cool! ;D

BumbleB

Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

roth14