With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

Mi Feng

Ok I'm posting this for my friend because he doesn't have an account yet, but he might be attending as Akasuki Tobi (I hope I spelled that right, I'm sorry I don't know much about Naruto  :'( I only read a little of the manga)

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on June 26, 2009, 10:37:00 AM
Updated again guys!   8)

sasukeuchiha92 ~ PTS can mean Post Time Skip or Pre Time Skip.  Which do you plan to be?  I would usually think you mean Post Time Skip, but your cosplay the last few years has been Pre Time Skip. Help!  Also, is Super Sasuke a different person?  Or do you want me to put you down as Super Sasuke in the original ideas area?  I'm still not feeling 100%, excuse my confusion.

Hope all is going well for you guys.  Keep chatting!  Go get some sun this weekend!

Pre-Time Skip is the Sasuke I'll be. Super Sasuke is different by how it's my normal cosplay just with a "Hurricane" cape. I tested out Super Sasuke this year and some people have messaged me on other accounts that I have on different websites and asked if I'm doing that again. I'm going to try and do something different but for now just put me for Pre Time Skip Sasuke and then Super Sasuke in the original ideas area.  ;D

ruby19_4

It is interesting for a new and cool naruto title, but I dont know what. What kind of title did the other group do?

BrightHeart76

Quote from: ruby19_4 on July 01, 2009, 07:43:36 AM
It is interesting for a new and cool naruto title, but I dont know what. What kind of title did the other group do?

Here are some of the examples.  I don't know that I really like making the title of our thread longer, but if it's in the better interest of our gathering...so be it.  This is, as always, a gathering for all of us so I want to make sure everyone gets to have a say.   ;D

Code Geass 2010 In the Name of Zero, I order you~!

A Riceball in a Fruit basket...Fruits Basket 2010!!!!

Bleach Gathering 2010 (Now w/More Soul Cleansing Power!)

Death Note 2010 Gathering ... Just As Planned!

Yashabimassen! The Official Ouran High School Host Club Gathering 2010

Row Row Fight the Power! Gurren Lagann Gathering 2010

OBJECTION!!! Ace Attorney gathering anyone? 2010
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Dragon Ninja

Here's the cover of Naruto Shippuden DVD Vol. 1:

I think they're going to be sold like the Bleach DVDs, with a box set coming after the first five DVDs. So I'll probably wait for the box set.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

sweetchorizo

2009 was my first cosplaying at fanime and my friend Rosendo and I only started our costumes only a month before fanime so this next year they should be fine tuned I'm going to see if i can get some real metal plating for my Choji shippuden costume and we both have to do work with wigs but we should be there as Choji and Shikamaru from Shippuden.

;D Now for the love of Konoha somebody go dressed as Ino, I will treat you lunch at the fanimaid cafe.  It would be cool to have a full Team ;D

ruby19_4

MM.....I c. That is cool.
I was thinking, like naruto always said in the beginning

You better believe in Naruto 2010! Yea!

or

Mm..... I dont know what to say for the new version.

Well its just a rendom though. Hope there is more idea for it.

O yea Happy Independence day everyone. Dont drink and drive everyone and have fun.

Dragon Ninja

I'm moving into my first apartment. Now, I'm gonna wait a while until I get Internet, so I won't be around for now. But I'll be back and I will be there for Fanime 2010. Until then, see ya.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Dragon Ninja on July 05, 2009, 01:54:29 PM
I'm moving into my first apartment. Now, I'm gonna wait a while until I get Internet, so I won't be around for now. But I'll be back and I will be there for Fanime 2010. Until then, see ya.

Congrats! 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

explosive_artist

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on July 01, 2009, 09:39:53 AM

Here are some of the examples.  I don't know that I really like making the title of our thread longer, but if it's in the better interest of our gathering...so be it.  This is, as always, a gathering for all of us so I want to make sure everyone gets to have a say.   ;D

With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2010!
Matthew Patel - Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life/Vs The World

Mami Tomoe -gender bend-

Finnick Odair -arena-

ruby19_4

Quote from: explosive_artist on July 06, 2009, 04:15:02 PM

With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2010!

I love that. Its better than mine. We should put yours instead. Mine is lame.

explosive_artist

Yours isn't lame, Mine's just better XD
Matthew Patel - Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life/Vs The World

Mami Tomoe -gender bend-

Finnick Odair -arena-

BrightHeart76

LOL.  I'll give it a few more days then I'll put it up for a vote.  Any other great ideas out there for gathering titles?  All reasonable suggestions will be made available for voting in the next poll.

sweetchorizo

Naruto 2010 --- Believe It!!!...or not.

ruby19_4

fun! I hope there are more choices.

brightheart: you can take mine off. I just wrote it without thinking.

I love both of there themes.

BrightHeart76

Hi Guys! 

We're updated again.  Nineteen people on the list already!  What a great start.   ;D

I'll leave the current poll up for a few more days before I start the new one to vote about a possible new thread title.  Thing is we are currently 50% for a change 50% against a change.  Keep voting, make your opinions known. 

Keep chatting!  Things are still going strong with the "suprise" I'll let you know what it is once everything is done.   8)

Later days!

Sora

I'll try to do Sai, otherwise, Sasuke again.
"Don't give me any orders."

ruby19_4

OMG!!! I cant believe that deidara died. Shall I still keep doing deidara or someone else. Especially I gotta keep wearing glasses. I cant take it off. I will be blind like a bat.

BrightHeart76

Quote from: ruby19_4 on July 28, 2009, 10:35:21 PM
OMG!!! I cant believe that deidara died. Shall I still keep doing deidara or someone else. Especially I gotta keep wearing glasses. I cant take it off. I will be blind like a bat.

Honestly we have a lot of cosplayers every year who are cosplaying characters who have moved onto the Great Ninja Beyond.  A great example is the continued popularity of Zabuza and Haku.  They died in the first 20 episodes, but they're with us every year...and we love them for it.  It's always kinda fun to see the people who don't realize that they're dead yet, it's like zombie cosplay.  At least in my demented mind.  I've even proposed a photo group at the Naruto gathering for dead characters...but everyone seems to think that's morbid.  They're probably right.

Also, be careful of spoilers.  I don't know if this is really a spoiler, it's been discussed before.  However, when in doubt use the spoiler option so you don't accidentally destroy something for a fellow fan.  :D

Eliteslayer

Why not instead of a group of all the dead characters, why not a shot with all the dead characters lying dead on the ground? Or is that even more morbid? I dunno, at AX a bunch of Akatsuki cosplayers (myself included) were lying down in the shade to escape the sun, and it turned out to mostly be the dead ones, so eventually we all just acted dead. It was oddly fun. Just a thought.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!