With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

sweetchorizo

I've actually seen a few zombified costumes over the years like Aeris from ff7 and even a zombie tupac (I'm not sure where I saw the tupac one)

Shawny

I've gone to the Naruto Gathering as Kurenai two years in a row.  So for 2010, I'm planning to do something different. :)

Please put me down as Hinata, Shippu! Konoha Gakuen Den "date" dress version.  Haha.  It's so obscure!  I don't think you even have a category for it... unless it falls under the Manga/Artbook Specific section?

Click for Hinata, Shippu! Konoha Gakuen Den "date" dress pictures.

And just for kicks... Double Hinata Fun!

I don't know if I'll bring my daughter to the gathering next year.  It's not that much fun for her.

BrightHeart76

LOL.  I keep thinking back to the year that a certain character died in the manga shortly before fanime.  The person cosplaying that character wore a sign around their neck at the Naruto Gathering stating that they were not dead...just on vacation.  I remember a few people asking, "is (name of character) dead?"  It was funny.

Shawny as always, I am totally impressed and envious of your sewing skills.  That is an AMAZING dress!!  It's from the closing for part of Shippuden right?  I must admit I'm way behind on Shippuden.

We would be sad to miss your daughter, but I can totally understand that it's not a lot of fun for someone so young.  I always get a little worried when you guys get mobbed every year with everyone wanting her picture.  We'd be sad to miss her, but it's always great to have you and your awesome sewing skills at the Gathering.  There's always room for her if she decides on Fanime Saturday that she wants to come, no need to rush to decide.  :)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Shawny

^  Thank you!  :D

Yes.  Shippu! Konoha Gakuen Den is basically an expanded version of the 2nd Shippuden ending.  Haha.  I'm behind on Shippuden, too.  Too many fillers!  With few exceptions, I don't like watching fillers.

Yeah.  She's so young that the gathering is kind of boring for her, especially since she doesn't even know what Naruto is!  :P  Haha.  She doesn't get to watch stuff like Naruto until she's older!  Right now, the anime she watches is stuff like Kiki's Delivery Service - which she loves, btw.  I think I'll leave it up to her to decide if she wants to come with me to the gathering.

People have been very nice and respectful when they ask for pictures of her.  :)

Lordsnow

I completely forgot I was still in here. >.> I'll have to drop out, sorry(my friends'll be going down too)
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

BrightHeart76

Hi Again!

We're updated.  Twenty cosplayers so far.  Not bad seeing as it's just now August.  Still almost 10 months until Fanime.  Good Gravy that sounds like such a long time... it's so sad.  :'(

I put up the poll about the thread title.  Vote early, vote often.  I'll probably give it a week or two before I tally the votes and decide on our official thread title.  I almost included a joke title, "Flourescent Ninjas of Doom.  Naurto Gathering 2010"...but didn't want to offend anyone with my silly joke. 

By the request of BSaphire we are not going to set up an official time for this year's gathering until further notice.  She has something in mind and we're going to wait and see what she can pull out of her bag of tricks.  As always, if you guys ever feel greatful for how smoothly the gatherings go at Fanime, you need to thank B it's her and her staff that make the magic happen.  She rocks...she rocks hard...she rocks like a boulder.  ::)  (Can anyone tell that I'm on pain killers?  'Cause even in my head I'm sounding like a total weirdo).

Keep enjoying that sunshine!  Summer is at it's prime!  I'm just trying to avoid the Hot August Nights craziness that is Reno this week. 

Later Days!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

roth14

ACK! i looked at the list and forgot to say that i was coming agian this year. so please put me down as female naruto or snj naruto. :)

sweetchorizo

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on August 05, 2009, 08:28:46 PM
Hi Again!

We're updated.  Twenty cosplayers so far.  Not bad seeing as it's just now August.  Still almost 10 months until Fanime.  Good Gravy that sounds like such a long time... it's so sad.  :'(

I put up the poll about the thread title.  Vote early, vote often.  I'll probably give it a week or two before I tally the votes and decide on our official thread title.  I almost included a joke title, "Flourescent Ninjas of Doom.  Naurto Gathering 2010"...but didn't want to offend anyone with my silly joke. 

By the request of BSaphire we are not going to set up an official time for this year's gathering until further notice.  She has something in mind and we're going to wait and see what she can pull out of her bag of tricks.  As always, if you guys ever feel greatful for how smoothly the gatherings go at Fanime, you need to thank B it's her and her staff that make the magic happen.  She rocks...she rocks hard...she rocks like a boulder.  ::)  (Can anyone tell that I'm on pain killers?  'Cause even in my head I'm sounding like a total weirdo).

Keep enjoying that sunshine!  Summer is at it's prime!  I'm just trying to avoid the Hot August Nights craziness that is Reno this week. 

Later Days!

Reno... cool I'll be heading over there in a few weeks for burning man

BrightHeart76

Quote from: sweetchorizo on August 14, 2009, 01:40:09 PM
Reno... cool I'll be heading over there in a few weeks for burning man

Darn Dirty Hippies.   :P

In all seriousness Burning Man is a big thing down here.  A lot of the teachers at the school where I work go every year.  It's always fun to see the crazy cars going thru town on their way to Burning Man.  Even funnier to see them all on their way back when they're covered in what is lovingly called "playa dust".

Have fun!

Death_Note_Matt

OMG Sign me up for Naruto for the 2010 Gathering XD
and my Nephew is coming as Sasuke and my Niece as Sakura <3
Another Player has Entered the Game

BrightHeart76

Hi Guys!

We're updated again.  Things are quiet on the thread lately, I think things will probably pick up more as Shippuden comes out on DVD.  Only time will tell.   So far we have 22 cosplayers, not bad for 9 months before Fanime.   :D

There's a tie on the vote for the thread title right now, so I'll leave the poll up for a little while longer.  If you haven't voted already, make your voice heard.  :D

Everything seems to be going well.  I got a promotion at work, so I've been busy.  I'll update more often as we come closer to Fanime.  Keep posting, keep chatting.  I hope everyone is healthy and happy!

Later days!!

ICosplayNeji

Ooooh a Naruto Gathering! If everything works out, this will be my first Fanime! Me and My cosplay group are going. I'll be cosplaying Shippuden Neji ^__^ As the con get's closer, I'll post who the rest of out group is. Who they cosplay depends on if they are ready on time lol.

BrightHeart76

Happy to have you!  Welcome to our merry group of ninja.   ;D

ICosplayNeji

PinkHairSasuke

Can't remember if I signed up to be at the gathering again lol Anyway I'm back from my hiatus fanime peeps! Was anything new announced for the Naruto Gathering?

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to get a gif to work as my icon? Can't figure it out lol

Shinigami_Lover

I am going as Shippuden Sakura Haruno
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

TokenBlackGuy

Hello i went to Fanimecon only Friday in 2009, i hope to go for the entire event. I plan on being a Anbu ninja, and a Air Gear char. I hope to meet some of you people.

See idk if i took a pic of any of you, but after Fanimecon i got even more into anime and manga.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=29957815&albumId=3270893
These are some of the pics i took . im the black guy with the white beanie. The guy in the pic is my best friend that inv me to go to begin with.

FANIMECON 2010 INC!!!!
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

BrightHeart76

Hey Guys!

We're updated again!  Sorry for the delay, I got a promotion at work and I've been SUPER busy.  In a good way though.  :)

We're up to 25 cosplayers, not bad at all.  Lets keep it going!

Events this year.  I definately want to do the picnic again.  Does anyone else have ideas?

Also, I plan to discuss it with BSaphire, but what do you guys think about asking for a longer time slot for our photo shoot?  Half an hour was too short last year, we missed a lot of people.  Do you guys have any other suggestions?  Let me know.

Oh yeah...official thread title is now "With the Will of Fire!  Naruto Gathering 2010!"  Awesome job guys!

TokenBlackGuy

im acutaly about to go to school to be a cook, but i dont think im that experienced, i could cook somthin if anything. Actually i will cook somthin but ill decide what later.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

Dragon Ninja

Hey everybody! I'm back! We'll its been about 3 months since I moved to my own apartment, and I've gotten the hang of it. Good to be back. I pre-ordered Naruto Shippuden Legends: Akatsuki Rising for the PSP, and I'll be getting it tomorrow. In other Naruto news, Naruto Shippuden will be premiering, but not on Cartoon Network, but on Disney XD.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW