With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

ICosplayNeji

TokenBlackGuy

I might cry lol, can we petition against this action ? :p. I guess ill stick to watching it online.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

roth14

To answer the photo shoot question, we defiantly needs more time. No ifs, ands, or buts. As for the picnic I was wondering if at the end of the photo shoot someone could announce when it will start with the megaphone (if we still have it). Because by the time i found it, it was almost over.  :'(

BrightHeart76

OK.  My first reaction to the Naruto on Disney thing was to literally beat my head onto my desk at work.  But on further examination, this isn't a bad thing.  Think about it.  Disney has a RIDICULOUSLY large audience.  This brings Naruto to even more people.  Disney's recent connections with anime haven't been bad either.  Aside from licencing the Studio Ghibli films here in the States they also aired "Oban Star Racers" (admitedly half French half Japanese, but still a very good show) without a lot of editing.  There is hope.

I mean seriously, it's not like they're going to make Sakura a Disney princess or have Winnie the Pooh make a cameo appearance.  It will still be Naruto.  The worst they can do is edit the show badly, which would suck but we'd still have episodes on the web and the DVD's.

With the Disney audience I'm willing to bet the gathering this year will be HUGE!!!!  YAY!   ;D

I'm going to write to BSaphire as soon as I post this and ask about extending our time for next year.  I'll let you guys know as soon as I know.  

I have no problem announcing the picnic at the end of the photo shoot.  I'll have better, hopefully louder megaphone next year.  The one this year just did me no good.  I did kind of announce the picnic last year, but that was cut short when I got involved in the impromptu photo shoot for the Guest of Honor.  Picnic will be much smoother this year, I promise.

What else do you guys want to do?  Anything?  

Have a good evening everyone!  

(edited...fixed some of my terrible spelling.  I was having a bit of a panic attack when I typed this last night and my spelling suffered for it.  Sorry.)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

TokenBlackGuy

Location of the picnic, i hope to get along with everyone and hope to find and meet new people. I was there only Friday last year then realized after i left i literally said "OMG i wish i wasn't broke cuz i want to stay the entire time."
now even as it is months away im still psyched for it. I going to be there the entire weekend and will hope to hang out with a lot of people.

My Cosplay. TBA

BrightHeart76

LOL.  With a group this large you're bound to make friends.  It's actually a really great atmosphere at the gathering...a whole bunch of people (over 100 last year) who automatically have something to talk about.  Welcome to our merry group!  This year we shouldn't even have the protesters to deal with.  YAY!

Location of the picnic.  I'm going to go out on a limb and decide myself instead of putting it up for a vote.  Same place as last year.  There's a park just diagonal from the convention center.  It faces the Tech Museum, the Fairmont and kind of points at the Marriot.  Last year we all kind of dropped in the first large open space and ate and played bingo.  It was nice.  :D  Same place this coming year.  I'll post a map later.  I gave the BINGO game away, so feel free to bring something to play. 

Here's the new poll question for everyone.  Should the picnic be potluck or bring your own?  Bonus of potluck is we all get to share something new.  The down side of potluck is if a lot of people don't bring food we're all going to be hungry.   We could alway set it up as Bring your own, but feel free to bring extra if you like.  What do you guys think? 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

roth14

I think it should be recommended to bring your own. Unless we have a list of who will bring what. Like the Kuroshitsuji Picnic has. And thank about the megaphone. :)

TokenBlackGuy

Thank you glad to be a part of the group now. Im planning on stay the entire weekend with some friends of mine who i went with last year, how early should i try to get my rooms in a nearby hotel?

My Cosplay. TBA

BrightHeart76

I'd recommend reserving your room as soon as they open them up.  The fanime rooms have usually been opened sometime in December or January in the past, I don't know when they'll open up this year.  Keep your eyes on the fanime main page for updates on that.  Those rooms have good rates for the closest hotels and they go fast.  It doesn't cost to reserve your room, you just need a credit card to guarantee the room.  I usually stay at the Hilton, it's nice to be in one of the hotels attached to the convention center.  That is my opinion at least.  :D

TokenBlackGuy

My Cosplay. TBA

ruby19_4

I havent post in a while. Im guessing its going to be much bigger group then last year.

O yea. Dont worry that Disney took Naruto. Eventhough they took it, they wouldnt spoil the way they make it. Its all good.

I hope I dont miss out the picnic again this year. It could be my last year on 2010. *Im still thinking of changing my costume into something else instead of deidera, since he is dead. sigh...*

Kites-kun

Oh!!! :'D
I can attend as Sasori No Dana!!! :'D

Shinigami_Lover

DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Shinigami_Lover on October 13, 2009, 11:35:31 AM
When is it on.... I can not find it?

Last I hear Shippuden should premiere on DisneyXD on the 28th of October, not sure what time yet.

Liquid

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on October 13, 2009, 04:17:40 PM
Quote from: Shinigami_Lover on October 13, 2009, 11:35:31 AM
When is it on.... I can not find it?

Last I hear Shippuden should premiere on DisneyXD on the 28th of October, not sure what time yet.

Disney? DISNEY!?!?!?!

Possible Scenario #1: "Catch Naruto Shippuuden @ 5PM, now after Miley Cyrus!"

Possible Scenario #2: *Disney realizes most American kids don't know Japanese and replace the opening Japanese songs with the Jonas Brothers.*

Possible Scenario #3: All voiceovers are done by various kids from The Disney Channel.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

Eliteslayer

Viz is still doing the dubbing of Shippuuden, so the dub quality will remain the same. However, I do worry that we'll have to deal with a few more visual edits, since the Shippuuden stuff is a little more extreme than many Disney shows. But this is Disney XD, so it won't be any worse than, say, Spider-Man. I wouldn't worry about it.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

BrightHeart76

I know I've used this example before, but here I go again.  Oban Star Racers.  Not your average Disney show.  The closing song was in Japanese, the show was visually very different than anything else on Disney, and the plot was fairly rough for the Disney crowd.  They showed that on Disney Jetix (however it's spelt) years ago and have progressed thru some other shows that are not what you would expect from Disney at all.  I expect there will be some editing to keep the plot PG, but they know they're under a lot of scrutiny from fans on this one.  I'm cautiously optimistic that this will go well.  

Imagine how many new people will be introduced Naruto when it's supported by something as HUGE as Disney.  And if they like Naruto, they'll watch different anime's too.  I think, in the long run, it'll be good.  (Then again, I've been wrong before.)

Here's a link to the closing theme from Oban Star Racer...just as an example of something a little different and a little closer to anime that has been on Disney before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sj8oF_HYmE

Kites-kun

I posted that I'll show as Sasori, didja guys get that? o.o

BrightHeart76

I haven't updated the list in a few weeks, I probably will this weekend.  I'll make sure you're added then.   :)

Kites-kun

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on October 14, 2009, 10:51:10 PM
I haven't updated the list in a few weeks, I probably will this weekend.  I'll make sure you're added then.   :)
Ok XD
Who'll you be cosplaying? :3