With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

BrightHeart76

Hi guys!  We're updated again.  Not much else to report right now. 

Here's a question though.  Halloween is just around the corner (less than 2 weeks away now).  How many of you plan to wear your cosplays as your Halloween costumes?  What's your opinion on that?  I admit I've done it before, but I hate stopping all night to explain to people who I'm dressed as.  I'm going to be a purple witch this year, my hat is AWESOME.  lol.  What about you guys?

Kites-kun, you asked who I cosplay as.  I have been cosplaying as Tsunade for a few years now and plan to continue for the foreseeable future.  :)  She's a blast to cosplay as and as I get older I don't feel like I'm dressed as someone too young.  I'm honestly a lot younger than Tsunade. 

See y'all around!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Shinigami_Lover

I am doing a Vampire Version of Sakura... We have all of team 7 doing it!
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

narutofan17

LOL! I plan on cosplaying as Jiraiya for this Halloween as well. I don't really mind explain to people. If I can get one more person into Naruto then I have done my job. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Shawny

I don't normally dress up for Halloween.   :D  But the two times that I did cosplay for Halloween (which was years ago), I didn't want to constantly explain myself all day and all night.  So I printed a reference picture of my costume and carried it with me.  Then each time someone asked me who I was supposed to be, I just showed them the picture and said, "This.  It's from a Japanese cartoon."

It's the least frustrating way to make other people understand.

I'm not dressing up for Halloween this year.

Dragon Ninja

I like dressing up for Halloween, but I'm not going to dress up in my Naruto costume. I don't want to explain it to everyone. I'm going to just be a regular ninja.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

BrightHeart76

So I was looking at the schedule for TV this coming week.  Has anyone noticed how often DisneyXD is going to be playing Shippuden?  The first four episodes are being shown in a 2 hour block like 6 times in just a few days.  That's a whole lot of Naruto.   ;D

It'll be nice to see Naruto on TV again.  However, do you think this might be overkill? 

Just out of curiosity.  Who's going to watch in Disney?  Who's boycotting it because it's on Disney?  Who's watching it in Japanese?  Who isn't watching at all? 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Shinigami_Lover

I will watch just because I love Disney enough though it is going to bed cut up... Watching in Japanese still and still loving it!
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

ruby19_4

I dont have the channel to watch in disney, but I always watch in jap. with english dub.

GomenNasaiPro

Dragon Ninja

I got Disney XD and I will be watching it, for the sake of Naruto.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

TokenBlackGuy

i got the jerk remark today, I told somone who i guess is planning on going to fanime about who i was planning on being. Im being anbu but also Kazu from air gear.
But there respose was oh, maybe u should find a darker skin tone charecter. i thought about it but thought it was kind messed up.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

roth14

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on October 26, 2009, 10:04:49 PM
i got the jerk remark today, I told somone who i guess is planning on going to fanime about who i was planning on being. Im being anbu but also Kazu from air gear.
But there respose was oh, maybe u should find a darker skin tone charecter. i thought about it but thought it was kind messed up.

That is messed up. Cosplay is supposed to be for fun. As long as the costume itself is accurate (includes hair and all that stuff), then who cares?

BrightHeart76

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on October 26, 2009, 10:04:49 PM

Dude...if you wanna dress as the Jolly Green Giant...go for it.  If someone else is going to be so closed minded that they can't see past the color of their skin, you really don't need to worry about them or their issues.  Cosplay cause you love the character or are going to have fun.  Heck, our gathering wouldn't be the same without our very own black Jiraiya. 

TokenBlackGuy

thnx
im not changing my desicion on my cosplay .
so long away and im so stoked for it.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

PinkHairSasuke

Naruto Shippuden on Disney XD! At first I thought it would be terrible but it was watchable. Not alot of bad editting with the exception of blood and language.

Also I have bad news :-[ Does anyone remember the Third Hokage and Kabuto/Shino that were hanging with me last year? Well there's a strong chance that they won't be returning as Naruto characters but as Chowder characters. Shino/Kabuto=Panini and Hokage=Chowder. *Sasuke Emo Sob* I might be a loner Sasuke :-\

BrightHeart76

Hey guys!  Just a heads up.  The new webpage is up (the art looks really good) and pre-reg is available for Fanime 2010!!! 

www.fanime.com

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on October 31, 2009, 07:00:40 PM
Hey guys!  Just a heads up.  The new webpage is up (the art looks really good) and pre-reg is available for Fanime 2010!!!  

www.fanime.com

Sweet! I gotta register now ;D

Do you know if you can do hotel reservations through Fanime yet?

BrightHeart76

Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on November 01, 2009, 08:15:46 AM
Hey guys!  Just a heads up.  The new webpage is up (the art looks really good) and pre-reg is available for Fanime 2010!!!  

www.fanime.com

Not yet.  Keep your eyes open on the boards and keep checking the home page.  YAY!  Pre-Reg is a sign that Fanime is coming closer!!!

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on November 01, 2009, 08:20:09 AM
Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on November 01, 2009, 08:15:46 AM

www.fanime.com

Not yet.  Keep your eyes open on the boards and keep checking the home page.  YAY!  Pre-Reg is a sign that Fanime is coming closer!!!

Okay thanks! YAY!! Fanime is coming closer!
If I don't get my megaphone as planned could I use yours for the Pirates vs Ninjas gathering?

BrightHeart76

Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on November 01, 2009, 08:30:43 AM
If I don't get my megaphone as planned could I use yours for the Pirates vs Ninjas gathering?

Not a problem.  Let me know if you'll need it once the convention is closer and we'll figure out how to get it to you.   ;D