With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

BSaphire

First off I want to thank BrightHeart for her patients :) Secondly, I wanted to invite all of the Naruto peeps to the Shonen Jump gathering on Sunday at 3 pm.

I was also wondering if maybe Naruto would like to do the cosplay chess again this year in the morning and possibly have a Naruto v Jump peeps cosplay chess game? Lord knows there is enough Bleach peeps to fill the other side, but this way some of the other Jump cospeeps can join in on the fun of chess. I can't run the chess game, but I thought it would be a great way to start the day (like 10;30 am?) What do you peeps think of having it as part of the Naruto event?

Squidges & Smootchies
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

BrightHeart76

I'm no good at chess (my secret shame)...who would like to lead the Naruto Team to victory at cosplay chess?!  Come on...I know you want to do it.   ;D

Here's the official voting deadline for the time for our Gathering.  I get off of work at 4:30 p.m. on Friday.  When I get home I will be closing the polls and announcing our official gathering time for 2010.  Once that is done we can get to the fun work of preparing the fun things for our Gathering.  Picnics and Dancing and Chess Games..oh my.  :)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

TokenBlackGuy

i understand the rules of chess but im just a novice at it. But i think it would be fun to do ^_^!
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

Shinigami_Lover

Yeah we can shatter the ground under their feet.... (Sorry Sakura got out)
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

ruby19_4

Eventhough it is late for lunch. We could do a snack time during picnic. I think. Just an idea. I dont mind what time. After all it dont what else is there in sunday.

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 16, 2010, 06:17:25 PM
OK.  We have our go ahead to schedule the gathering.  I have heard on the open forum, in PM and in Instant Message from a few people.  Here's the break down as I see it.

11 a.m.  ~ Earliest time I'm willing to entertain.  This opens up cosplay for people with later gatherings but several people are concerned that this is too early for people who were up late the night before with Masquerade and the Dance.  I tend to agree, but let's leave it up for debate / vote.  

12 noon ~ Still early and leaves us open for the cosplayers with later gatherings.  This puts us at the same time as the Hetalia gathering which looks to be large this year.  Also a few cosplayers are concerned that they would have to pick between the two gatherings.  This does work well for the picnic though.

1 p.m. ~ This is getting late for the cosplayers with later gatherings.  This will also make lunch run late for the picnic.  I really don't see a lot of good for the 1 p.m. time slot but I want to make it an option

2 p.m. ~ This is REALLY late for cosplayers with later gatherings, the picnic would have to be before the gathering.  Also, not knowing who the MusicFest Guest will be this year this might start to be a problem for people who want to line up early. On the upside for this time, it gets us close to the Shonen Jump Gathering which Naruto is also a part of.  *Apparently I am behind the times.  MusicFest has announced LM.C  I don't know when the concert is or if it will affect us.  However, for the last few years the concert has been on Sunday so I'm going to go with that for now.  :)

Long story short no matter what time we pick someone is going to have to make a hard choice.  I'm sorry.  I wish I could make everyone happy, but there's just no way.  Vote for the time that works best for you and I'll do my best.

Because of the delay in setting our schedule I don't want to leave this poll up for long.  A few days at most.  Everyone else has to wait until we are decided to schedule their events...I don't want them to have to wait much longer.  Vote soon, I will close this poll before the end of the week.  Sorry for the short notice.

(Modified cause I was behind the times for musicfest)

BrightHeart76

We have officially voted for 12 noon for the Gathering.  I will PM BSaphire right now to request that time.   ;D

Now that the business is done...let's move onto the fun!

We need a captain and players for cosplay chess.  Who's interested?  Let me know how I can help. 

MuggleBorg, how are we with preparations for dancing?

Picnic.  I'm going to say we'll do the picnic at 1:00 in the park.  It's bring your own, but feel free to bring extra.  I for one plan to bring extra.  How does that sound to you guys?

Games.  I have some games for the picnic.  What else would we like to do?

Lots of fun stuff.  Can't wait for Fanime!   ;D  ;D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

TokenBlackGuy

My Cosplay. TBA

BrightHeart76

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on February 19, 2010, 10:21:39 PM
Im game to play some chess, sign me up !

I've got you on the list.  Are you going to lead the team to victory?  Or just take part as a chess piece? :)

Everyone.  I've started a list of people taking part in Cosplay Chess in the first post under the "Events" subtitle.  If you're interested in playing let me know and I'll add your name.  

Shinigami_Lover

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots

Eliteslayer

Sounds good to me, you can put me on the list for it. I'm only okay as a player, but I make a damn good chess piece.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

TokenBlackGuy

Well im pretty decent at chess but if theres somone with some better experience i'd like them to play as the leader. But i'd think it be fun as a chess piece.

My Cosplay. TBA

BrightHeart76

Things are starting to come together.   ;D  ;D  ;D

Picnic will be open to everyone this year.  Cosplay or not.  Please help spread the word, I'd love to have a big group of Fanime people converge on the park and enjoy a nice picnic.  :D  I plan to bring some extra food, anyone else? 

I'm pulling games together for the picnic.  Some will be Naruto themed, some will be anime themed.  I"m working on changing Naruto BINGO into Anime BINGO, I'm also trying to create a set of Naruto Uno cards. Would anyone else like to bring a game?  I usually provide prizes for my games...so that's fun too.  :)

How are your cosplays coming along?  Mine are all done except for a wig I'm getting for one of my cosplays. 

Shinigami_Lover

I am waiting for my New Sakura wig.... and I am working on my Sasuke outfit for the dance

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots

Dragon Ninja

I haven't really had to work on with my costume, its already to go.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

TokenBlackGuy

Hey the Naruto Black and White Ball is there anything i need to where specifically? Like a tux or something, i didint go to it last year so what would i need to bring.

My Cosplay. TBA

roth14

BrightHeart76

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on February 23, 2010, 11:40:27 PM
Hey the Naruto Black and White Ball is there anything i need to where specifically? Like a tux or something, i didint go to it last year so what would i need to bring.

There's a dress code for Black and White Ball.  Things like no jeans, sneakers, open toed shoes, t-shirts etc.  Tuxes and Gowns or encouraged (as I understand it).  You need to be dressed nicely.  You can get a more clear picture of their dress code in their thread in the Big Events area.  GomenNasaiPro runs a "formal Naruto" gathering at the Black and White ball, it's basically a chance for the Naurto Cosplayers to dress up fancy with a Naruto twist.  He's debating between a dance gathering, a dinner or both that's why I put up the poll.  If you're interested you should definately talk to him for details.  :)

Roth, I"ll add you as a chess piece right now.   ;D

luluuxduplica1223

Okay, Luckily my gathering is now not the same time as this one, so I'm going. :3 Me and Nikki(my friend), might stop and be chess pieces for the Chess. But thats a maybe :3 So list me and my friend as maybes if you'd like.
Proud member of  Moral Insanity Cosplay group :D
http://moralinsanitycosplay.deviantart.com/
My deviantart:
http://luluuxduplica1223.deviantart.com/

*Organizer of the Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Gravity Falls, and Wonderland gathering at Fanime Con 2013! :D*

TokenBlackGuy

I  got a question about the masquerade and the black and white ball, with that registration thing on the home page  of fanime do you need to register to get in or is that for participating in a skit in the event.

My Cosplay. TBA

luluuxduplica1223

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on February 25, 2010, 10:28:16 AM
I  got a question about the masquerade and the black and white ball, with that registration thing on the home page  of fanime do you need to register to get in or is that for participating in a skit in the event.

I know you get into the black and white ball for free if you have Registration(or pre-reg. I cant recall.), and the masquerade is probably the same. So yes. I think you do. :3
Proud member of  Moral Insanity Cosplay group :D
http://moralinsanitycosplay.deviantart.com/
My deviantart:
http://luluuxduplica1223.deviantart.com/

*Organizer of the Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Gravity Falls, and Wonderland gathering at Fanime Con 2013! :D*