With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

doragon

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on March 09, 2010, 08:05:49 PM
I feel pretty confident that we'll have enough people for cosplay checkers.  So unless anyone has a problem with that let's go for cosplay checkers.  :-)  I'll have to look around for some cheap crowns for people to be "kinged".  :D

What else is going on?  Fanime is closer every day!!  Can't wait.   ;D
since you guys are using my board, you don't need to worry about any of that stuff. LoL, crowns and sashes and whatnot are included [I figured you can still use the chess sashes to designate the sides and whatnot xD;]
Stuff!

BrightHeart76

Quote from: doragon on March 09, 2010, 10:59:29 PM
Quote from: BrightHeart76 on March 09, 2010, 08:05:49 PM
I feel pretty confident that we'll have enough people for cosplay checkers.  So unless anyone has a problem with that let's go for cosplay checkers.  :-)  I'll have to look around for some cheap crowns for people to be "kinged".  :D

What else is going on?  Fanime is closer every day!!  Can't wait.   ;D
since you guys are using my board, you don't need to worry about any of that stuff. LoL, crowns and sashes and whatnot are included [I figured you can still use the chess sashes to designate the sides and whatnot xD;]

Fantastic!  :)  Thanks for letting us use the board. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

EJAY420

I again shall be cosplaying as Hiroku/Sasori's puppet (Naruto Shippuuden). I'm down for chess or checkers. Just let me know what day and time. I always miss em.

www.facebook.com/ejay420
Most Impressive.

BrightHeart76

Happy Pi Day everyone!   ;D

We're updated again.  We have fewer cosplayers on the list so far this year than last, but I have a feeling that with the way the manga's been going and Shippuden showing in prettry regular rotation on DisneyXD we'll have a lot of people showing up who haven't signed up.  Also, a lot of people tend to sign up for the gathering as we get closer to the event.  I'll hold true to my promise from last year.  If we have more than 100 people listed for the gathering on this list I'll bring candy for everyone.   ;D

So far our schedule for Fanime Sunday looks like this:

10:30 Cosplay Checkers with our Jump friends.

(Sometime in here I expect we'll do the Bachikoi dance...more details to come)

12:00 Noon Gathering.  I'm starting a list for photo groups.  We have longer in the area this year so we should get everyone.  Start practicing serious poses as well as a "silly" pose for pictures.

1:00 Picnic lunch across the street at the park.  Games to include Anime BINGO, Naruto UNO (probably) and anything else I'm able to pull together before the con.  Bring your own lunch, but feel free to bring some to share.  Everyone is welcome, cosplay or not, Naruto fan or not. 

3:00 We are all invited to join the Shonen Jump Gathering since Naruto is featured in that magazine.  Be sure to sign up on that thread if you plan to come.   It'd be great to make a big showing at the Jump Gathering, please make it if you can.  :D

Later that night.  Formal Gathering at the Dance and/or Dinner.  Be sure to sign up on that thread if you plan to attend so GomenNasaiPro knows who's coming. 

Wow...busy day!  It should be a total blast.   ;D :D ;D

We still need more Checkers pieces and a team leader.  If you have more ideas or suggestions about anything please let me know.  Fanime is closer every day...see you guys soon!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Dragon Ninja

I got Naruto Shippuden DVD Box Set 1, I'll start watching it later in the week.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

BSaphire

Just wanted to let the Naruto cosplayers know that I started a thread for the Shonen Jump Cosplay Checkers event. Located here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13720.0.html

The second game will be specifically Bleach V Naruto and I will need 1 board player (looking at Bright Heart :) and 12 pieces. I will also let Bleach know. Check out the thread for more specifics.

Luv ya all and hope to see you at the Jump gathering too!
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Cailany

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on March 14, 2010, 04:43:22 PM

Could you please include links to the events if you need to say if your attending?

BSaphire

Quote from: Cailany on March 18, 2010, 07:43:21 PM
Quote from: BrightHeart76 on March 14, 2010, 04:43:22 PM

Could you please include links to the events if you need to say if your attending?
If you want to do the Naruto gathering or picnic you would post here on this thread. I think BrightHeart76 is also putting together team Naruto for the Naruto v Bleach (game #2 of Shonen Jump Cosplay Checkers) so let her know if you want to be on Team Naruto, but we hope to have 3 games so look at the thread here:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13720.0.html
The Jump Gathering is here:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,4426.0.html
The Naruto B&W Ball thread is here:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php?topic=11017.0
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

BrightHeart76

Thanks B.   ;D

Hi guys!  We're looking good for the gathering this year.  Just a little over 2 months til Fanime.  What do you all think about the events for this year?  Would you like to add or change anything?  Ideas are always welcome, this is your gathering so please feel free to bring your ideas. 

TokenBlackGuy

Hey peoples. I wanted to know if anyone know where i can get hyuuga contact lens or something that looks like the byakugan. Anyone knows plz tell me.   ;D
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

BrightHeart76

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on March 22, 2010, 10:46:41 PM
Hey peoples. I wanted to know if anyone know where i can get hyuuga contact lens or something that looks like the byakugan. Anyone knows plz tell me.   ;D

I've heard good things about these people.  I don't see the byakugan eyes right now, but I'm 98% sure they've had them in the past. 

http://www.cosplaylab.com/proshop/idoleyes.asp

Two important things to remember.
1. Any reputable contact dealer will require a current measurement from you optometrist.  They won't just send you "generic" contacts.
2. Byakugan contacts usually cover your pupil, this will make you blind when the contacts are in.  Please do me a favor.  If you have in contacts that make you blind at the gathering and you are not used to being blind, have a friend help you so you don't get hurt and let me know so I can help keep an eye out for you.  The gathering can be pretty crazy, it can be dangerous if you're not used to being blind.  I want to do the best we can to keep everyone safe.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm all for cosplay authenticity.  If you are comfortable wearing contacts like that good for you and you're always welcome.  I just want to do everything we can to be safe. 

CountMetal

I may drop by to take pictures since I retired my Sasuke cosplay last year since my hair was shorter than what it use to be back in Fanime 2007.

BrightHeart76

Re: the most recent manga...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's been a BAD week for me, so I haven't done a lot gathering wise.  Things are still moving well though.  Hope you are all doing well.  Fanime is just around the corner!

TokenBlackGuy

Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

ICosplayNeji

AW MAN! I haven't been here in FOREVER!  If you still need people for checkers, I'm up for it!  :)

In regards to the latest chapter, MY MAN NEJI IS BACK! And he speaks! WOO!  ;D lol

BrightHeart76

Quote from: ICosplayNeji on March 26, 2010, 10:46:18 PM
AW MAN! I haven't been here in FOREVER!  If you still need people for checkers, I'm up for it!  :)

In regards to the latest chapter, MY MAN NEJI IS BACK! And he speaks! WOO!  ;D lol

I have you down for checkers...I just used your cosplay.com name.  Do you want me to change it to ICosplayNeji instead of ElvenArcher....wait...you ARE ElvenArcher aren't you?  If not I've totally confused myself (not that that would be the first time).  Anyway, let me know.   ;D

ICosplayNeji

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on March 27, 2010, 10:28:52 AM
Quote from: ICosplayNeji on March 26, 2010, 10:46:18 PM
AW MAN! I haven't been here in FOREVER!  If you still need people for checkers, I'm up for it!  :)

In regards to the latest chapter, MY MAN NEJI IS BACK! And he speaks! WOO!  ;D lol

I have you down for checkers...I just used your cosplay.com name.  Do you want me to change it to ICosplayNeji instead of ElvenArcher....wait...you ARE ElvenArcher aren't you?  If not I've totally confused myself (not that that would be the first time).  Anyway, let me know.   ;D

lol, yep, it's ElvenArcher. I'm just a dork who forgot to use my main cosplay alias XD Sorry for the confusion!

Well coolness! Man, I wish Fanime would hurry up a little lol

BrightHeart76

xkakashi-chan

BrightHeart76

Hi guys!  I will update the list this weekend.  Let me know if you have any friends you think are going to come to the gathering.  Less than 2 months till Fanime!  Wohoo!   ;D

Now...this week's manga...