With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

BrightHeart76

So...I had a moment of inspiration.  Well either a moment of inspiration or a total brain failure.  Either way I figured I'd run it past you all.

I'm working on the photo groups for this year's gathering.  While I was working on it I noticed that sitting on my desk I have a teddy bear dressed as Kakashi and a picure of my friends penguin dressed a leaf village ninja (some of you may remember Ted the penguin from last year).  I thought, wouldn't it be hillarious to do a group picture with stuff animals dressed as Naruto characters.  I even thought about how to make a Tsunade Jacket for my BrightHeart plushie. 

So I ask you all...would anyone else be interested in a kind of "mini-group" of cosplayed out stuffed animals?  It sounds absolutely dorky...but sometimes dorky can be fun.  I figure we could bring them to the gathering and do a picture there. 

I could bring some extra fabric and supplies if people wanted to pull together plushie cosplays at the convention.  It's a fun way to include just a little bit more of the creative side of us all. 

I don't know, probably a dumb idea.  But definately worth bringing up.  Let me know if anyone is interested.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Cailany

Oh this really make me want to bring my pet dog and dress her up as Sasuke or Itachi... but she's white, and she would hate the hair cut and me dyeing her ;D. And I don't think the convention or Hilton hotel would let me bring her xD
If only I had a lizard v.v (snakes don't dress up very well)

But the stuff animal idea would be interesting, unfortunately not something ill be able to join in

BrightHeart76

So as I was working on the photo list for this year I realized that unless something changes, this will be our first year without a Zabuza / Haku group!  Holy Cow!!  I almost feel sad.  lol.  We've got lots of great new cosplays this year, but no Zabuza.  

That being said, here are my ideas for photo groups this year.  This is in no particular order yet and these are just ideas.  Let me know if you think of one you'd like to add or have any issues with a certain group.

Whole Group Photo
Original Series Group Photo
Shippuden Group Photo
Creative Cosplayers (original versions of Naruto Characters)
Akatsuki
Team Hebi
Leaf Village Ninja's
Sand Village Ninja's
(What other villages are represented?)
All Kage's from All Villages
Teachers
Team 7 (all variations)
Team 8 (Shino, Hinata, Kiba and Kurenai-Sensei)
Team Gai
Sand Siblings
Ino-Shika-Cho
Anbu Black Ops
Spoiler Alert Picture / Bring out your Dead (all the dead characters)

The "final" list with all of the groups in their fanime order will be posted a week or so before Fanime.  Things always change on the Gathering day, there's a lot of Naruto Cosplayers out there who don't post here for various reasons so my list is only a generalization of what we expect.

Edit: Don't forget no matter what groups you're in we do 2 poses.  One serious group and one silly group.  So when you practice poses remember to practice a serious pose and a silly pose.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Cailany

I noticed there's a whole hebi group but no sasuke xD
If everyone wants the images to look more whole, I don't mind being thrown in there instead of akatsuki, sense all I have to do is take off the akatsuki cloak.
I'll have my cloak either way, just an idea ^^ just be nice sense there's already an akatsuki Sasuke.

TokenBlackGuy

Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Cailany on April 24, 2010, 07:59:21 PM
I noticed there's a whole hebi group but no sasuke xD
If everyone wants the images to look more whole, I don't mind being thrown in there instead of akatsuki, sense all I have to do is take off the akatsuki cloak.
I'll have my cloak either way, just an idea ^^ just be nice sense there's already an akatsuki Sasuke.

You're more than welcome to be in both photos.  Whatever you think is best for you.  We do have a Team Hebi without Sasuke, however I do believe there will be at least one at the gathering.

Please feel free to take part in as many photo groups as are appropriate for you or to pick and choose the ones you want to include yourself in.   :D

Cailany

Shinigami_Lover

I got my new Sakura wig and it is amazing! My friend will love it so much
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

ICosplayNeji

I hope we find a Ten-Ten and/or a Gai-sensei at the gathering! Me and the Lees will be kinda lonely XD lol

BrightHeart76

Quote from: ICosplayNeji on April 24, 2010, 11:34:24 PM
I hope we find a Ten-Ten and/or a Gai-sensei at the gathering! Me and the Lees will be kinda lonely XD lol

I have never seen a year without a Gai-Sensei.  Like I said a lot of cosplayers don't register for the list here, infact that Gai-Sensei that comes to mind first has never registered in advance for the gathering and has been there every year that I've been there.  Of course I make no promises...but I feel some level of confidence that we'll see Gai.  Ten-Ten is iffy, there have been less and less of her over the years.  Ino-Shika-Cho is in the same category, fewer cosplayers each year and certain characters get missed all together.  We'll do our best and see what happens.  LOL, I suppose we could always get someone to photoshop the characters into the pictures after all is said and done.   :P

@Shinigami_Lover ~ awesome!  New wigs make cosplay great!  Can't wait to see it.  :D

ICosplayNeji

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on April 25, 2010, 12:23:42 AM
Quote from: ICosplayNeji on April 24, 2010, 11:34:24 PM

I have never seen a year without a Gai-Sensei.  Like I said a lot of cosplayers don't register for the list here, infact that Gai-Sensei that comes to mind first has never registered in advance for the gathering and has been there every year that I've been there.  Of course I make no promises...but I feel some level of confidence that we'll see Gai.  Ten-Ten is iffy, there have been less and less of her over the years.  Ino-Shika-Cho is in the same category, fewer cosplayers each year and certain characters get missed all together.  We'll do our best and see what happens.  LOL, I suppose we could always get someone to photoshop the characters into the pictures after all is said and done.   :P

@Shinigami_Lover ~ awesome!  New wigs make cosplay great!  Can't wait to see it.  :D

I hope so! lol. PSH photoshop XD

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on April 22, 2010, 09:21:32 PM
So...I had a moment of inspiration.  Well either a moment of inspiration or a total brain failure.  Either way I figured I'd run it past you all.

I'm working on the photo groups for this year's gathering.  While I was working on it I noticed that sitting on my desk I have a teddy bear dressed as Kakashi and a picure of my friends penguin dressed a leaf village ninja (some of you may remember Ted the penguin from last year).  I thought, wouldn't it be hillarious to do a group picture with stuff animals dressed as Naruto characters.  I even thought about how to make a Tsunade Jacket for my BrightHeart plushie. 

So I ask you all...would anyone else be interested in a kind of "mini-group" of cosplayed out stuffed animals?  It sounds absolutely dorky...but sometimes dorky can be fun.  I figure we could bring them to the gathering and do a picture there. 

I could bring some extra fabric and supplies if people wanted to pull together plushie cosplays at the convention.  It's a fun way to include just a little bit more of the creative side of us all. 

I don't know, probably a dumb idea.  But definately worth bringing up.  Let me know if anyone is interested.

I'll take part in this! It sounds pretty fun and awesome.

TokenBlackGuy

Anyone going to be there the entire weekend, i am and was wondering if possible to have a pre-gathering kinda thing so we could all meet each other. Just an idea, but its fine if not.

My Cosplay. TBA

ICosplayNeji

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on April 27, 2010, 01:33:30 AM
Anyone going to be there the entire weekend, i am and was wondering if possible to have a pre-gathering kinda thing so we could all meet each other. Just an idea, but its fine if not.

I'll be there the whole weekend ^^

roth14

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on April 27, 2010, 01:33:30 AM

Sounds fun :). Which day and in naruto cosplay or not?

BrightHeart76

Sounds like fun.   ;D  I"ll be there Friday morning thru the end of Monday. 

Dragon Ninja

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Eeri-chan

I'm gonna be cosplaying Rock Lee from the regular ol' Naruto, but drunk and sexy no jutsu! I'm really excited! I hope to find a Gai-sensei to gush about the spring time of youth with, and maybe a Gaara to swoon over.  :) And I'll be there Thursday through Monday, but I don't know what days for sure I'm cosplaying Lee as yet.

Well, other than Day Zero. That's the only day for sure that I know I'm cosplaying--oh, and of course for the gathering, but the CLAMP gathering is at one so I'll be leaving early for that since I'm cosplaying CCS!Sakura, as well. >_<

TokenBlackGuy

I like Friday in my opinion, that just if its all ok for those who just want to meet the other cosplayers in this grp. I would like to myself just to get past that meet awkwardness at the picnic and photoshoot.

My Cosplay. TBA

roth14

Works for me. What time? 5 or 6 so we can maybe bond over food?