With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

ICosplayNeji

TokenBlackGuy

So Friday at around 5-6,  i like this myself, where and who else is in?
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

roth14

What's a good restaurant in the area for a small group of people that is also cheep?

Eeri-chan

I'd maybe be interested in going out for food with a bunch of Naruto cosplayers. It depends on what time, and I may have to leave early. Five I could maybe do. But I'm on the wait list for the swap meet that night, so I'd definitely have to dash a bit early on.

roth14

Cailany

May I join? Sense I wont know anyone at the con.
and depends on the food too xD

4:45 seems like an early dinner, but as long as there aren't any big events it works for me ^^

roth14

You're welcome to join us :D. More the merrier. No one is quite sure about the time (or place). We need a vote.

Eeri-chan

I'm wondering if maybe we should move the discussion of a dinner meet up to that forum for gatherings and meet-ups and stuff. I know that one isn't Fanime Cosplay related, so I'm not sure if this would fit or not, but it might be easier to plan it if it's not against the rules, ne?

BrightHeart76

I'm perfectly happy to keep the discussion here.  Do you want me to add this as a Naruto Group Event on the first page?

I"ll pull together a list of local food type places and list it here.  How far away are you guys willing to go?

Edit:  Here's a some information.

Here's a link for food near the convention center.  http://www.sanjose.org/visitors/eat/distance.php

I"m thinking it's best to stay within 1/2 of a mile, pick food that is "affordable" and places that will let us order individually so that no one winds up with a big bill and people who forget to pay (it's happened before).  That being said I pulled these restaraunts off of the list as things I think are good possibilities...as always these are just suggestions.

Pita Pit (Pita Sandwiches)
Jersey San Jose (cheese steak)
The Blue Chip (cheese steak)
Asian Gourmet Express (Chinesse)
Agave Viejo (Mexican food)
Quizno's (Sandwiches)
McDonald's (Fast Food)
Jack in the Box (Fast Food)
La Victoria's (Mexican) (I love La Vic's but it IS kind of crowded)
Pizz'a Chicago (Chicago style Pizza)
Subway (Sandwiches)

I have to put in my vote for McDonald's.  Not because I love the food...but because we could be "McNinja's" and that would be awesome.  lol.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Eeri-chan

Okay, just thought I'd suggest it. :)

As for food, the Pita Pit is really awesome! And there's that one Japanese place that serves bento not too far away. It might be more than half a mile though. Although, I have to say that fast food makes me sick, so I wouldn't be able to join in on the McDonalds Ninja-ing.

roth14

So then lets take a vote  ;D

Pita Pit (Pita Sandwiches)
Jersey San Jose (cheese steak)
The Blue Chip (cheese steak)
Asian Gourmet Express (Chinesse)
Agave Viejo (Mexican food)
Quizno's (Sandwiches)
McDonald's (Fast Food)
Jack in the Box (Fast Food)
La Victoria's (Mexican) (I love La Vic's but it IS kind of crowded)
Pizz'a Chicago (Chicago style Pizza)
Subway (Sandwiches)
Johnny Rockets (5O's diner style)
House of Siam

Here's a Google maps that show the places around the center. Just is case I missed some.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hq=http://maps.google.com/help/maps/directions/biking/mapplet.kml&ie=UTF8&ll=37.687624,-122.319717&spn=0.346132,0.727158&z=11&lci=bike&dirflg=b&f=d&utm_campaign=en&utm_medium=ha&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-bk-bd&utm_term=google%20maps
Just look up the San Jose Convention center.

I vote for the "House of Siam" or one of the sandwich places.

BrightHeart76

Yeah, the Bento place is within the half mile, but the food made me super sick the last 2 times I tried to eat there so I didn't include it.  That was a personal thing.  It's fine if you guys want to go there, but I can't come within 100 feet of that place after the last few times.

Pita Pit is good.

EDIT:

Poll set up.  Vote!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

EJAY420

OMG, im soooo hungry now. Just reading on this topic is making my mouth wet. Too bad I can't make it there on Friday. BUT I can make it there by Friday night. Maybe we should be talking about hitting up some local bars. I would definately treat u to some drinks ms. Brightheart.
Most Impressive.

roth14

ICosplayNeji

Um, I vote for whatever's a decent walking distance from the con center D: 'cause walking is my only mode of transportation when I get to San Jose

roth14

They are all close though. None is more then half a mile away at the most. Gotta love convenience.

Eeri-chan

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on April 28, 2010, 06:28:11 PM
Yeah, the Bento place is within the half mile, but the food made me super sick the last 2 times I tried to eat there so I didn't include it.

Oh, well, if it made you sick then it's best if we not include that. We don't want anyone else getting sick, or having you getting sick again. That would suck.

TokenBlackGuy

Im votting Johnny Rocket, cuase i wanted a malt at the moment. and still do.

Yeah my idea became reality. : p
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

BrightHeart76

Hi guys!  Two things.

First, the poll for where to eat on Friday will probably only be up thru this weekend.  Please make sure to vote if you think you might go.

Second, I'm going to have to make the photo groups official soon (by soon I mean next week).  Please let me know if you have any opinions, ideas or suggestions.  If I schedule 3 minutes per photo the current list puts us at almost 1 hour...and that is our maximum time limit.  We can always take some out, but I want to make sure that everyone is included in at least one photo group outside of the large groups.  

Also in regard to photo groups.  Do we want to add a third pose to the large groups (All, Original Series and Shippuden) so that we would have Serious, Silly and a Battle pose?  Think about it and let me know.

@TokenBlackGuy ~ Yes.  Your idea DID become a reality!  Thanks for sharing it, the Friday dinner will be a total blast.  Kudos to everyone who has helped pull this event together.  You guys continue to Rock.

@EJAY420 ~ You should definately try to make dinner.  If not some of us adults over 21 (sorry kidlings) might try to go back out later...depends on how tired we all are.  I know I have to get up at the crack of dawn and drive 5 hours on Friday to get there, so I might be tired.  We'll all see.  :)

EDIT:  Here's the preliminary list of photogroups.  I need to finalize groups and their order next week...any and all comments are welcome.

Whole Group Photo
Original Series Group Photo
Shippuden Group Photo
Creative Cosplayers (original versions of Naruto Characters)
Akatsuki
Team Hebi
Leaf Village Ninja's
Sand Village Ninja's
(What other villages are represented?)
All Kage's from All Villages
Teachers
Team 7 (all variations)
Team 8 (Shino, Hinata, Kiba and Kurenai-Sensei)
Team Gai
Sand Siblings
Ino-Shika-Cho
Anbu Black Ops
Spoiler Alert Picture / Bring out your Dead (all of the dead characters)

Cailany

Not big on sandwiches but ill still eat there I'd be good with anything really. Except for Mexican >.<

McNinja's would be awesome xD Probably won't vote cause I cant decide >.<