With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

Eliteslayer

I like the dead characters photo group. Will we all be lying down dead? That seems to be the best way to represent our deceased status.

Also, for the other villages represented, would that include Akatsuki from that village? For example, Itachi with the Leaf Village group, Sasori with the Sand Village group, etc? (Not like there are gonna be any Waterfall Village ninja other than other Kakuzu, but I figured I should ask anyways.)
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Eliteslayer on April 29, 2010, 08:39:15 PM
I like the dead characters photo group. Will we all be lying down dead? That seems to be the best way to represent our deceased status.

Also, for the other villages represented, would that include Akatsuki from that village? For example, Itachi with the Leaf Village group, Sasori with the Sand Village group, etc? (Not like there are gonna be any Waterfall Village ninja other than other Kakuzu, but I figured I should ask anyways.)

I figured the two poses for the dead character photo could be a serious one where they are all standing and looking to be in deep thought about the afterlife (or some other such pose) and the silly one could be everyone whose cosplays will allow them to lay on the ground lying there acting all dead.  (People who can't lay down are gonna have to find another way to look all dead.)  Could be an awesome picture.  I don't know...what do you all think is best?  There was once a suggestion to have the character who killed another stand over the dead character...that becomes a logistical nightmare because...some of the people who killed one character or another are now themselves dead. 

The village question.  I was debating that just now.  My personal opinion is that Akatsuki should probably be included with their own villiage...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
  That being said, I think that we would do best to invite the smaller villiages to come up together and stand in small groups.  Waterfall on the right, Mist to their left and so on.  This has pros and cons.  I don't want to minimize the importance of each villiage.  However, if we do 3 minutes for every villiage, including the ones only represented by one or two cosplayers we'll miss out on other photo groups.  Creative solutions are always welcome, for now I'm planning to have the villiage photos as Leaf, Sand and everybody else. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Eliteslayer

I think those sound good to me. As long as we get at least one shot with the dead characters lying dead, I'm good with it.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Small villages together also sounds agreeable. That way we can get each village up there without taking too much time, and the photographers can take pics of individual village clumps at that time. Just my input, at least.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

TokenBlackGuy

Quote from: Cailany on April 29, 2010, 07:35:36 PM
Not big on sandwiches but ill still eat there I'd be good with anything really. Except for Mexican >.<

McNinja's would be awesome xD Probably won't vote cause I cant decide >.<

YOU MUST VOTE!!!!!!! lol we are kinda split on a few places and the weekend is comming : p

And i like the group make up, for the pics.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

TokenBlackGuy

i also got a quick question about early registration for the badges. If i were to go through the entire registration process with buying the badges in all, would i had to wait in the uber long line. Or just go in and get the badges. In showing up early thursday and my friends and i are wondering if this is the way it works.
(theres just 3 of us in the quantity matters.)
If i asked this alrdy my bad just making sure everything goes as planned for that awesomenesssuperful weekend. : p

My Cosplay. TBA

EJAY420

Most Impressive.

Eeri-chan

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on April 29, 2010, 06:33:13 PMSecond, I'm going to have to make the photo groups official soon (by soon I mean next week).  Please let me know if you have any opinions, ideas or suggestions.  If I schedule 3 minutes per photo the current list puts us at almost 1 hour...and that is our maximum time limit.  We can always take some out, but I want to make sure that everyone is included in at least one photo group outside of the large groups.  

Also in regard to photo groups.  Do we want to add a third pose to the large groups (All, Original Series and Shippuden) so that we would have Serious, Silly and a Battle pose?  Think about it and let me know.

EDIT:  Here's the preliminary list of photogroups.  I need to finalize groups and their order next week...any and all comments are welcome.

Whole Group Photo
Original Series Group Photo
Shippuden Group Photo
Creative Cosplayers (original versions of Naruto Characters)
Akatsuki
Team Hebi
Leaf Village Ninja's
Sand Village Ninja's
(What other villages are represented?)
All Kage's from All Villages
Teachers
Team 7 (all variations)
Team 8 (Shino, Hinata, Kiba and Kurenai-Sensei)
Team Gai
Sand Siblings
Ino-Shika-Cho
Anbu Black Ops
Spoiler Alert Picture / Bring out your Dead (all of the dead characters)

What about some cute poses? I know a lot of people who cosplay from Naruto do so in pairs, like who they ship (especially when it comes to Naruto and Sasuke), that might be a bit of a nightmare, though, but it's a thought.

Also, if I'm Sexy No Jutsu Drunken Fist Rock Lee would I still get to pose with the "original Naruto" group? It's only really the slightest variation on the cosplay in that I have boobs--and I don't feel like binding. That's annoying when you don't have to (and when you have panic attacks that make it hard to breathe.)

And I think the idea of a battle pose would be awesome!!! There are some pretty epic Battle moments throughout the series, and everyone has a battle pose, I think. It sounds like so much fun. :)

ruby19_4

lol. I havent been reading the post and we are having so much stuff to do. Nice. I might join the dinner so add me in. Also true I need to leave for the swap meet. Lol. Im open on food. I dont mind what it is. I also wonder if they allowed us to take picture when we all in the restaurant. U know we could act like we are attacking the store or something positive. Either way. Thats sounds fun.

Love the gathering. I didnt know that it will be an hour. I though it will be longer. But its good.

roth14

Let's not attack the restaurant. They may not let us eat there, or we could get thrown out.

Eeri-chan

I think all the restaurants are used to the Fanime folks by now. ha ha. I imagine they get ready in advance before the horde of cosplayers is upon them. I could just imagine them all looking at the calendar going, "It's time." heh heh.

But still, we should act within some kind of reason, I suppose. :/

BrightHeart76

Yes.  Good behavior is a must.  Most places are ok with you taking pictures as long as you don't include staff, but it's up to each store and our behavior would be a big part of that.  I'm sure that won't be a problem, I'm just saying.

Some posed group photos would be GREAT.  A pose that looks like we're attacking...I'm a little iffey on.  I don't personally see a problem with it, but I don't know how the restaraunt would react.  And let's remember the cardinal rule of eating out...don't peeve off the person who makes your food.  Let's see how the atmosphere is when we get there.  Does that work?

Just fair warning.  I will not be in cosplay on Friday, just regular ol' me.  I don't know if we plan for this event to be in cosplay, but after a day of driving there is just no way I'm going to try and walk around in those Tsunade heels.  Let me know if this is a problem for anyone.

Onto the Gathering Photo Groups.  Eeri-chan you're right, a lot of people DO like specific "cute pairs" in Naruto.  However, fitting all of the pairs into our time frame is impossible.  So instead of alienating one group or another I don't include the pairs in the official list.  How it usually works is that once the official group photos are done we break up.  There will likely be some time left at the fountains before the next group is scheduled to start, this is an opportunity for pairs and special pictures, usually the large group breaks up into 3 or 4 smaller groups for this.  This year we have an added opportunity for pairs and special photos.  Right after the Gathering we have the picnic at Cesar Chavez Plaza.  This is a really pretty park and I think it would be neat for some people to take pictures while the picnic kind of sets up.  I hope that makes sense, if not let me know.  ;D

Sexy No Jutsu Drunken Rock Lee...of course you're welcome in the original group as well as the creative cosplay group.  The deal is you decide what groups are right for you and join in.  I mean you might get a few jeers if you try to join the Akatsuki group or something, but so long as you feel right with a group join it.  :)

@ruby19_4 ~ It is longer than an hour...kind of.  Here's the deal.  We have events starting at 10 that morning with Cosplay Checkers, then we have Bacchikoi dancing, then the hour long Gathering, then the picnic, then a short break and finally the Shonen Jump Gathering.  No you don't have to take part in ALL of this, but if you're so inclined you could spend about 6 hours involved in Naruto Group fun and shinanigans on Sunday alone.   And if the Formal Gathering / Dinner comes together even more.  Yeah...we in the Naruto Cosplay Group have claimed Fanime Sunday as Naruto Day, we shall celebrate our brightly colored Ninja fandom!  

Well now that I've posted a novel I'll move on.  I may or may not be able to keep up with the forums this weekend.  If you ask me a question and I don't answer for a day or two don't think I'm ignoring you.  I am helping a friend with Wedding Dress Shopping in Sacramento this weekend and I don't know if I'll have internet access at the hotel.  Worst case scenario I will catch up on Sunday night.

Later days!

EDIT:  FYI I talked to BSaphire, she is going the add Fridays Event to the official Events list once we have a time and place.  We are using the title "Naruto Meet and Eat".  Does anyone have a problem with that?
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Eeri-chan

Yeah, I kind of thought that doing couples would be a bit much. I mean, even if you grabbed all the Narutos and Sasukes for one photo together, and all the Lees and Gaaras for another, or all the Shikamarus and Temaris... and so on and so forth. It's just so much, and so many variations. Especially when things aren't necessarily canon.

I wish I could go to the picnic. I would love to, but the gathering following the Naruto gathering is the CLAMP gathering, so I'll be dashing off to change out of my Lee costume and into my Cardcaptor Sakura cosplay. I'll probably find a Gaara though during the con on Friday or early Saturday to take pictures with.

And awesome. I thought it would be fine if I was in the Original group, but I just wanted to check. And my costume is really only Sexy No Jutsu because of the boob thing. I swear, binding can be such a pain. haha. I couldn't imagine Lee in the Akatsuki group unless he got lost. O_O Which could happen while drunk. And then he'd fight all of them and kick some butt. :) hehe.

TokenBlackGuy

Quote from: EJAY420 on April 29, 2010, 11:58:16 PM
yes u do.

Sorry im slow at comprehending sometimes lol.

is that a yes to we will still have to wait in the uber long line or a yes to we can buy the tickets online and dont have to wait in that line.

If i asked this alrdy my bad,

My Cosplay. TBA

EJAY420

YES, YOU'RE STILL GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE. EVEN WITH PRE REG. THERE WILL BE A LINE.
Most Impressive.

roth14

Just a not as long line :D.

So is any going to to Meet and Great in cosplay? I will if others will.

BrightHeart76

It's hard to say how long the line will be.  Depending on when you show up and frankly how many people are in line.    :D

But the answer is yes, you will have to stand in line. 

However, if you're showing up Thursday make sure you are Pre-reg.  Early reg can not pick up their memberships until Friday. 

TokenBlackGuy

My Cosplay. TBA

BrightHeart76

Gotta share my good news.  Well it's good for me.

Anime BINGO and Naruto-Uno are DONE!!!  The computer files are complete.  The corrections have been made.  The final products have been printed and are waiting for everyone to enjoy at Fanime! 

Months of work and Thank Goodness it's all done!!  HUGE sigh of relief.  :D

How are you guys doing on your Fanime preparations?  Are your cosplays done?  Getting enough money saved? Have you started practicing your poses?  Feeling ready for the fun that is Fanime now that it's actually May and Fanime is just a couple of weeks away?

Eeri-chan

Oh, I am so excited! I just got my weapons pouches and shoes in the mail today! I'm still waiting on my wig, gloves, and the top of my shirt (I had to piece everything together. Right now, I have the bottom half and a leotard but it doesn't have sleeves, so just waiting on the top with sleeves.)

And I've already got the Nice Guy Kata down! I still need to perfect it, because it's not yet perfect, but it's totally awesome. It flows. It looks good, and I can do it pretty fast. It's the kata that Lee and Gai-sensei do in the fifth introduction song. It's featured in the introduction from like episode 125... or something. I think. It's when Lee shows up to fight Kimimaro. I've also got his stance when he's drunk that I want to work on a bit more, but it's coming along. I want to get the box set with Gaara and Lee's match during the preliminary matches for the Chuunin exams so I can look at some of that.

I still need to buy a sake bottle for a prop, too. 

Etto... is there anything else??? I can't think of anything else. My costumes almost done, my poses are coming along, and I just need the one prop. Although, I do want to see if I can catch some of the phrases that he says in the Japanese. I'm not far enough along in the language to know how to say stuff like "I'm enjoying the Spring Time of my Youth!" haha.

EJAY420

@Brightheart76   Thank you. Thank you for just for everything you've done for us and Fanime. Every year I notice u work ur butt off for this spectacular event. God bless your soul sweet child. :)

On that note, Fanime is like less than a month away. I'm getting really excited about this.   This is one wonderful vacation for me. Cosplay has been ready for days. Nothing big. Saved up about a months income for this shit. I love this time of year.
Most Impressive.