With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

Cailany

Quote from: Eeri-chan on May 02, 2010, 07:19:09 PM
Quote from: Cailany on May 02, 2010, 06:41:33 PM
Actually the only kind they had there was the white one with the black stripe, and one that was painted black and looked really horrible. v.v

I don't know what happened, but I tried to post a reply to this and it didn't show up. So here it is:

Why don't you try making the sword??? You could make it out of board and paint it. Or something. Heck, I'm sure you could find a tutorial online on how to make it. I had to find a tutorial to help me figure out how to make my Cardcaptor Sakura staff. And it would probably be cheaper than buying one.

I was going to make a nice quality one out of wood, working hard on the prop just to down scale too cardboard just isn't the same v.v and it probably to late to try to find someone else with the right power tools. oh well...

Pita Pit? Never heard of it, but I'm not a big sandwich person either.... Never said we had to eat while there xD

Eeri-chan

Quote from: Cailany on May 03, 2010, 10:21:48 PM
Actually the only kind they had there was the white one with the black stripe, and one that was painted black and looked really horrible. v.v

I don't know what happened, but I tried to post a reply to this and it didn't show up. So here it is:

Why don't you try making the sword??? You could make it out of board and paint it. Or something. Heck, I'm sure you could find a tutorial online on how to make it. I had to find a tutorial to help me figure out how to make my Cardcaptor Sakura staff. And it would probably be cheaper than buying one.

I was going to make a nice quality one out of wood, working hard on the prop just to down scale too cardboard just isn't the same v.v and it probably to late to try to find someone else with the right power tools. oh well...

Pita Pit? Never heard of it, but I'm not a big sandwich person either.... Never said we had to eat while there xD

That's what I meant by 'board' haha. Sorry, I wasn't very clear. And if not wood, some kind of thick board could work. Craft stores have them, and it would be easier to work with than wood. You could double or triple it up, if need be, even.

TokenBlackGuy

Quote from: Cailany on May 03, 2010, 10:21:48 PM

they have salads there and stuff, soups. Just a meet thing so we will have much better sync when we do combat, a.k.a. taking group pix.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

Eeri-chan

So, do we know when the Checkers is going to happen??? Also, I have a question, why are we playing checkers and not chess? Just out of curiosity, since it seems cosplay chess has been very common and I don't remember ever seeing cosplay checkers.

TokenBlackGuy

It's Checkers as far as i know. I would like it to be chess, who are we even playing, bleach has like no signup at all.

My Cosplay. TBA

Eeri-chan

I thought we were just playing against ourselves, like Naruto characters versus Naruto characters. Oh, wouldn't it be cool if it were like, Shippuden versus original, or the "good" ninja versus Akatsuki! And I know it's checkers, I was wondering why?

BrightHeart76

All information for the checkers event can be found on this thread.

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13720.0.html

BSaphire is the organizer...I'm kind of helping.   ;)

Checkers should start at 9:30 that morning, there are 3 to 5 games planned.

We did checkers instead of chess because in years past we have had no luck running Naruto Chess.  When we started pulling it together this year I asked if people would be more interested in playing Cosplay Chess or Cosplay Checkers.  Checkers won in a popular vote, thus we are doing Cosplay Checkers.   :D 

However, if you want to watch Cosplay Chess Bleach will be doing that on Saturday.  It is a Bleach only event though.

Hope that helps!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Eeri-chan

I prefer chess because it's more complicated, but I'm totally happy to play Checkers! I don't cosplay from Bleach. I lost interest in it ages ago.

And since it's Sunday before the Naruto gathering, I can totally make it! That's awesome! Hopefully there's still time for me to make it to the Pirates vs Ninja gathering if it's on Sunday before the Naruto gathering. Goodness, I don't think I've ever been so busy at Fanime before. haha. I also didn't have different characters to cosplay before, so this is exciting.

Sora

Quote from: Eeri-chan on May 03, 2010, 02:05:12 PM
Quote from: Edward Elric on May 03, 2010, 01:17:32 PM
I've never been to pita pits. is it good?

It's delish! They have fantastic food, and lots of options. Plus, it doesn't make me sick afterward, which is a good thing in my book. It's must healthier than going to fast food or Johnny Rockets. They basically have sandwiches. It's like Subway or Quiznos, kind of. But better.

Sounds good. I think I'm in. Might bring another person along
"Don't give me any orders."

TokenBlackGuy

Swwet can't wait to have that weekend come, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

My Cosplay. TBA

BrightHeart76

Cool beans.  Sounds like nearly everyone is ok with Pita Pit.  I've got some ideas for how to incorporate people who don't want Pita Pit, but honestley I won't know if any of them work until we're at Pita Pit.  Let's see how it works out from there.   :D

I'll put up a poll for when to meet early next week.  Between now and then is the time to suggest times and list the reasons for your chosen time. 

Last bit of Meet and Eat business is where do we meet?  I'm thinking it would be best if we met somewhere at the convention center and walked down as a group.  That way no one gets lost and we have more time to talk without food in our mouths.  What do you guys thing?  Suggestions?

A lot of you are picking the options with "and other events BrightHeart forgot"...uh oh...what did I forget?  I know the Meet and Eat isn't on there, but that's cause the poll is for Sunday events and the Meet and Eat is Friday.  Did I miss something else?  Let me know so I can keep my official schedule (currently a row of post-it notes on my table that will soon become an actual list) up to date. 

Good news.  The bullhorn arrived in the mail today.  It looks much better than the one from last year...everyone should be able to hear me.  All of my cosplay peices have arrived and simply need some pressing for the older pieces.  I have about half of the BINGO and UNO prizes here already, the rest are on a UPS truck somewhere steaming toward my location.  I am all ready for Fanime!  YAY!!!!  Are you all just about ready?  Just a couple of weeks to go.

Picnic is the other event I'm starting to put the final touches on.  Please remember that EVERYONE is welcome at the picnic.  If you have friends or family who would like to join us we would love to have them.  Cosplay is not required.  This is bring your own lunch, but feel free to bring extra to share.  Some of you have mentioned that you worry about being a part of the picnic because of other gatherings at the same time.  I totally understand if you miss the picnic, but I figure we'll be there for an hour or more (eating, playing games etc) so feel free to head over when your gathering is done and join us if we're still there. 

Last but not least I will be turning in our photo shoot list tomorrow.  Is everyone ok with the list I have presented?  Any changes to the order or additions of groups need to be presented to me in the next day (before 5:00 p.m. Wednesday May 5, 2010).  The official photo list will not change after that.  We may add some groups if the need arises at the convention (it's hard to guess what cosplayers will be there unannounced) but for all intents and purposes the list I turn in tomorrow IS the photo list.  Let me know if you have any changes you'd like to see. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Eeri-chan

Everything sounds so awesome!!!

I think the best place to meet would be in front of the convention center at the fountain. Maybe we could bring a sign in case not everyone is in cosplay or is in a different cosplay? And I think the best time would probably be like four, because some of us will have to leave early for the swamp meet. I mean, if we were to go at 4:45 that would only give those of us going to the swap meet to sell stuff about forty-five minutes, and usually in large groups (especially with so many excited cosplayers getting to know each other) eating could take a while.

I doubt the CLAMP gathering would end before the picnic. Plus, I'm sure my friends will want to do a photoshoot, but if I have time I will totally stop by the picnic. I'm sad I can't make it to more of the Naruto events. :/ I'd love to play some of those games.

And I'm so bummed. I got the third to last piece of my costume yesterday, but it turns out that it changes everything about the costume! It's the exact right colour of Lee's costume, but the rest of the costume is a slightly different colour--so now I have to see if I can find a new leotard and leggings to match my outfit. Hell, I think that piece I got isn't gonna work. I'm so frustrated. Blarg. I mean, worse case scenario, I either don't have the long sleeves (and can get away with it because I'm the "sexy no jutsu" version) or I mismatch a bit. Still, it's annoying. -sigh-

Oh, and I don't remember, but on the photo list, do we have like an Akatsuki vs "good" ninjas shot? I think that would be awesome. Just a thought. :)

Moogleborg

Bacchikoi needs some final touches, and as for the dance itself, i'm planning on teaching the full dance featured on the Dev-Parade video. :D

Also, i'm hoping that it'll be taught at the same place as the gathering as well. ^_^

Soooo....is everybody ready?! :D
Running on moé, 24/7/365.