With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

Sora

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 05, 2010, 05:40:56 PM
@ Eeri-chan ~ Fountains in front sounds fine to me for meeting up.  Let's see how everyone else feels.  I'll figure out a way to identify the group closer to the convention.  A sign is either small enough to carry around easily but hard to see or big enough to see and too big to carry around easily.  Let's think about it some.  We have some time to work out the details. 

Sorry about your cosplay challenges.  I'm sure it will be great when you are done.  :) 

Regarding the Akatsuki vs "good" ninja shot.  It's a good idea.  And without going into spoiler territory it's hard for me to explain why this seems logistically very difficult.  I think we would do best to save this for fan, photographer, fellow cosplayer requested photo's at the end of the gathering. I'll stick around with the bullhorn for a few minutes to help pull together bigger groups if we need them.  As a suggestion it would be good to start posting on here if you want specific cosplayers to pose for any pictures.  Give them a heads up that you'll be looking for them. 

For example:

I'd LOVE to finally get a picture with the Sanin (Tsunade, Jiraiya and Orochimaru).  If a Jiraiya and Orochimaru would be so kind as to pose with this crazy Tsunade at the end of the gathering I would REALLY appreciate it.  Let me know.

@ruby19_4 ~ I feel your pain.  Not only is it harder to concentrate on work because my brain has moved into Fanime mode, but I have to work more hours to make sure my system will stay up and running while I'm away.  It's worth it in the end though.  :)

If you haven't had a Malt before you should definately try one.  I personally prefer a chocolate malt.  It's beyond words.

I think the fountain meetup sounds good. I would do it.
"Don't give me any orders."

TokenBlackGuy

Yes this seems to be going very well. everything is comming into plan, I think im over excited for that thursday to come.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

ICosplayNeji

Quote from: luluuxduplica1223 on May 05, 2010, 07:20:38 PM
Quote from: Eeri-chan on May 05, 2010, 05:58:34 PM
...Oh! And a Gai-sensei to do the Nice Guy pose with!!!!!! That's very important too! And a Tenten would be awesome! 

Etto... sou. Those are the only ones I think.

I'm being TenTen all of Sunday. Or so I have planned. :3 And there should be a gai-sensei or two about. :) I'm sure there's tons of other TenTens too. :D

YAY! A TEN-TEN!

luluuxduplica1223

Quote from: ICosplayNeji on May 06, 2010, 02:14:17 PM
...Oh! And a Gai-sensei to do the Nice Guy pose with!!!!!! That's very important too! And a Tenten would be awesome! 

I'm being TenTen all of Sunday. Or so I have planned. :3 And there should be a gai-sensei or two about. :) I'm sure there's tons of other TenTens too. :D

YAY! A TEN-TEN!

YAY! A Neji! :D SQUEE!
Proud member of  Moral Insanity Cosplay group :D
http://moralinsanitycosplay.deviantart.com/
My deviantart:
http://luluuxduplica1223.deviantart.com/

*Organizer of the Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Gravity Falls, and Wonderland gathering at Fanime Con 2013! :D*

ICosplayNeji

Quote from: luluuxduplica1223 on May 06, 2010, 05:29:17 PM

YAY! A TEN-TEN!

And here I was worried a few posts back that we wouldn't have a full Team Gai XD I shoulda known lol

luluuxduplica1223

Quote from: ICosplayNeji on May 06, 2010, 05:44:07 PM
Quote from: luluuxduplica1223 on May 06, 2010, 05:29:17 PM

YAY! A TEN-TEN!

And here I was worried a few posts back that we wouldn't have a full Team Gai XD I shoulda known lol

Yes, yes :D It's hard to find a full team of the awesomeness. D: I never get the nerve to talk to much people though D:
Proud member of  Moral Insanity Cosplay group :D
http://moralinsanitycosplay.deviantart.com/
My deviantart:
http://luluuxduplica1223.deviantart.com/

*Organizer of the Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Gravity Falls, and Wonderland gathering at Fanime Con 2013! :D*

BrightHeart76

Have I mentioned that you guys are the best?  I can't WAIT for the convention this year.  Counting down the days.  :)

I got the rest of the prizes for BINGO and UNO today.  Gotta say I'm not as impressed as I had hoped to be.  I'm going to keep looking for some other stuff.  However, I did get some L.E.D. light up lolipop rings for prizes that actually seem to be really cool.  I think you guys will like them (and some of the other stuff too). 

Happy Thursday guys and gals!  Keep the excitement going, Fanime is just around the corner!!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

ICosplayNeji

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 06, 2010, 07:27:17 PM
Have I mentioned that you guys are the best?  I can't WAIT for the convention this year.  Counting down the days.  :)

I got the rest of the prizes for BINGO and UNO today.  Gotta say I'm not as impressed as I had hoped to be.  I'm going to keep looking for some other stuff.  However, I did get some L.E.D. light up lolipop rings for prizes that actually seem to be really cool.  I think you guys will like them (and some of the other stuff too). 

Happy Thursday guys and gals!  Keep the excitement going, Fanime is just around the corner!!

Happy Thursday to you too! Just THREE WEEKS from tomorrow!

Snorcat

I might be able to make it Sunday, unsure though... It all depends on how much my parents are willing to put up with a couple crazy fans over the weekend x3

If I do show up, I'll be cosplaying as Deidara, and bringing a friend as Itachi!  :D

I'm unfamiliar with the area, so hopefully I can find everyone alright :-X

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Snorcat on May 06, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
I might be able to make it Sunday, unsure though... It all depends on how much my parents are willing to put up with a couple crazy fans over the weekend x3

If I do show up, I'll be cosplaying as Deidara, and bringing a friend as Itachi!  :D

I'll be happy to add you to the list.  I hope you can make it. 

If it looks like you'll make it Sunday and you are worried about finding us let me know, we'll figure out a way to help you get there.  :)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Dragon Ninja

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

BrightHeart76

ruby19_4

Cool. I think I will try the maltz.

Yea!!! I really cant wait till fanime start. I am excited about it.

Also do I suppose to know how to play checkers. I dont really know how to play.

BrightHeart76

You don't need to know how to play.  There will be a "leader" who will tell you where to move.  They're the one playing the game, we are pieces on the board.  Don't worry, it'll be fun.   ;D

Snorcat

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 06, 2010, 08:30:21 PM
Quote from: Snorcat on May 06, 2010, 07:55:28 PM

I'll be happy to add you to the list.  I hope you can make it. 

If it looks like you'll make it Sunday and you are worried about finding us let me know, we'll figure out a way to help you get there.  :)

Wonderful, thanks! It looks as if we'll be there so far, but only for a couple hours. Do you have any estimates on how long everything will go on Sunday, per chance?

TokenBlackGuy

Good question on the ETA of everything.

I want to try and have the awesomeness anbu costume possible. Ill dream : p

Soon yet so far, im smiling right now and its still a few weeks away, I think i got a condition ...j/k

My Cosplay. TBA

BrightHeart76

@Snorcat ~ It really depends on what you want to participate in.  Here's the quasi-official schedule (don't be surprised if we have a few changes)

9:30 - 11:45 Cosplay Checkers.  We can take part in most games.  Sign up in advance is appreciated but not required.  If you show up we'll do our best to include you.

11:30 (ish) Bacchikoi dancing with Moogleborg (hopefully to be included in the regular gathering some)

12:00 (noon) - 1:00 Official Naruto Gathering with photos  (I've got the list around here somewhere...look back a page or so on this thread to see it).

1:00 - ?  (no later than 2:45) Naruto Picnic at Cheasar Chavez Plaza.  Open to everyone cosplay or not.  Come one, come all, come join us for lunch and fun. Bring your own lunch but feel free to bring extra to share.  Games will be played.  Prizes will be won.  Fun will be had.

3:00 - 3:30 Shonen Jump Gathering with photos (Naruto is part of Shonen Jump).  ANIME BINGO will be played some here as well.

Depending on how things go there may also be a formal dinner or gathering at the Black and White Ball that night as well...though I haven't heard from the organizer recently.

That's 6+ hours of Naruto events and fun.  Good Gravy!  Basically, we have things going on all day long.  Stay as long as you like, leave when you must.  You're more than welcome to be a part of the tom-foolery.   :D

You do not have to take part in everything.  Let's be clear on that.  If you show up to an event late no one will be mad at you or give you grief.  If you leave early that's fine too.  I would suggest trying to be on time to Gatherings because the group photos are taken first and that gives you a good impression of how large the group really is.  

If you have questions before the convention feel free to ask.  If you have questions at the convention I'll be the chick dressed as Tsunade with a big 'ol bull horn, just scream "BrightHeart!" or "Tsunade!" or "Chrissy!" and I will respond.

@Everyone.  Make sure to thank EJAY420 when you see him.  He has gone above and beyond working on getting us a banner for the gathering!  One of my group picture dreams come true!  WooHoo!!!!

This year will be the best year yet!  Mark my words.   ;D   ;D

ICosplayNeji

AW MAN! Looking at the schedule just raised my excitement meter XD lol Man, I can't wait!  ;D

TokenBlackGuy

Jeez Bright heart, your feeding my condition lol, i thought it was going away a bit, then i read that then my smile came back wider.

My Cosplay. TBA

BrightHeart76

LOL.  If the worst thing I've done today is make someone smile...I think I can live with myself.

I'm not kidding when I say this year is going to be the best ever.  I can hardly wait.   ;D

EDIT:  By the way the first post is updated with this quasi-official schedule and the official photo list.  We're up to 68 cosplayers!  I don't know if we'll reach our goal of 100 cosplayers on the list...just a reminder if we do reach the goal I will bring candy for everyone...sweet, sweet CANDY.   :P