With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

Chosen_Entity

Just got back from the store, and it turns out my checker will be going to the gathering as Itachi! He was so adorable! We shared a high-fives at the awesomeness that is Fanime. :3

So, should we add Random K-Mart Guy (since I can't remember his name) to the list? :D

... Oh! Add my friend Catherine to the list for sure! She's going as Sasuke (Akatsuki version, I believe).

Yay for more people!

BrightHeart76

OK guys and gals new poll is up.  Please vote for when you think we should meet up on Friday for the "Meet and Eat" at Pita Pit.  This will only be up for a few days as I want to finalize our schedules and events, so make sure you vote.   :D

We seem to have scared off the Bleach team for checkers.  Cause we are so very awesome.   :D  As an alternative what do you guys think of having a Naruto vs. Naruto game?  It could be Original vs. Shippuden or Good vs. Evil or Leaf vs. Other village...or just about anything.  What do you guys think?  We need more players if we're going to pull this off.  So let me know.  :D

@Chosen_Entity ~ I love that your K-Mart Checker will be there.  lol.  I'll be happy to add him to the list if for no other reason than to have "Random K-Mart Guy" as a cosplayer on the list.  I'll update the list either later today or tomorrow. 

Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

ICosplayNeji

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 10, 2010, 06:39:49 PM
OK guys and gals new poll is up.  Please vote for when you think we should meet up on Friday for the "Meet and Eat" at Pita Pit.  This will only be up for a few days as I want to finalize our schedules and events, so make sure you vote.   :D

We seem to have scared off the Bleach team for checkers.  Cause we are so very awesome.   :D  As an alternative what do you guys think of having a Naruto vs. Naruto game?  It could be Original vs. Shippuden or Good vs. Evil or Leaf vs. Other village...or just about anything.  What do you guys think?  We need more players if we're going to pull this off.  So let me know.  :D

@Chosen_Entity ~ I love that your K-Mart Checker will be there.  lol.  I'll be happy to add him to the list if for no other reason than to have "Random K-Mart Guy" as a cosplayer on the list.  I'll update the list either later today or tomorrow. 

I voted for 5:30 on friday & Good vs. Evil for checkers!

Snorcat

I've voted as well ^^

I'm still a bit confused on the checkers thing though. Does anyone have a link to a site that explains it please? I have failed in finding it, but from what I've read, it sounds like fun! xD

roth14

If were are going to play form around 9:30 to around 11:30 (not quite sure about times), then why don't we have multiple themes? Goo vs. evil, different villages (missing nins are either form Akastuki or original village), or people pick. Just imagine the funniness for the last one. One side has maybe some sharingan people. Basically anything goes. Which leaves much room for funny randomness :D.

BrightHeart76

Alrighty!  We're updated again.  73 cosplayers on the list now.  That's just 7 more if you guys want candy.   ;D

Here's a link to the page about cosplay checkers.  I'm not sure if this will answer all of your questions, let me know if there's anything I can help with.  http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13720.0.html

While I love the idea of multiple crazy Naruto match ups this event is for all of the Shonen Jumpers.  :)

The Game list is as follows

1st game: Anyone Shonen Jump
2nd game: Naruto vs ? (This is our opportunity to take the board since Bleach doesn't appear to have a team)
3rd game: Shonen Jump vs. Other cosplayers
The 4th and 5th games will only happen if we have time and I don't think there is a current matching for them.  I believe BSaphire wants to keep them open for people to join at the convention if we have time for these games.

Make sure to sign up here and on the Shonen Jump Checkers page ( http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13720.0.html ) if you're interested in participating.  If we're going to do the whole board on the second game we'll need A LOT of checkers pieces.  It'll be a blast though...just imagine the pictures!!!!

One more piece of business.  I was asked why we're doing the group photo first.  I have a few reasons, primary among them is that several people have said they won't be able to stay for the whole photoshoot part of the gathering.  I plan to keep the group photo first.  However, what do you guys think about doing a second group photo...this one in the battle pose I asked about, but do that group photo at the end?  This way any late comers have a chance to be in a group photo AND people with special requests have an easier time finding the people they want to get pictures with.  Let me know what you think.  As always creative solutions and ideas are more than welcome.

Happy Monday everybody!

Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

roth14

1. I kinda want to change my vote to the meeting time for 4:30

2. OMG I'm already starting to pack and make lists for what to bring. Only less then THREE WEEKS!!!

Cailany

Quote from: Chosen_Entity on May 10, 2010, 03:48:26 PM
Just got back from the store, and it turns out my checker will be going to the gathering as Itachi! He was so adorable! We shared a high-fives at the awesomeness that is Fanime. :3

So, should we add Random K-Mart Guy (since I can't remember his name) to the list? :D

... Oh! Add my friend Catherine to the list for sure! She's going as Sasuke (Akatsuki version, I believe).

Yay for more people!

Haha, you thought I wouldn't be on the list already "Chosen_Entity"?

no need to add Sasuke Akatsuki BrightHeart... Cailany=Catherine

Eeri-chan

So, I totally did the stupidest thing. I accidentally shipped my wigs for Fanime to my old address! I found out yesterday and freaked out. I had to rush out the door and head to my old appartement. Luckily! The person was there and had the first wig to arrive still! I gave him my number so that when my Lee wig arrives, he can call me and I can go get it! Phew!

Seriously, I am so lucky! :) I was gonna cry if my wigs had been thrown away or something.

roth14

TokenBlackGuy

Quote from: Eeri-chan on May 11, 2010, 01:00:13 PM
So, I totally did the stupidest thing. I accidentally shipped my wigs for Fanime to my old address! I found out yesterday and freaked out. I had to rush out the door and head to my old appartement. Luckily! The person was there and had the first wig to arrive still! I gave him my number so that when my Lee wig arrives, he can call me and I can go get it! Phew!

Seriously, I am so lucky! :) I was gonna cry if my wigs had been thrown away or something.

OMg wow that was a close one, good save by new owner of old house. I still cant say fanime with out smiling.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

ruby19_4

Quote from: Eeri-chan on May 11, 2010, 01:00:13 PM

waw...nice save. Glad the person was nice to help you.

I put 4 for the friday meet.

I dont really mind the group pic or however it is. I just wanna have fun. LETS PARTY!!! Lol. 

EJAY420

Most Impressive.

TokenBlackGuy

My Cosplay. TBA

Eeri-chan

I am so excited! I have eleven days left of classes counting my finals, and then thirteen days until Fanime!!!! -squee- I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I know right? I am so lucky my wigs were still there. I think I would have bawled if they hadn't been. :/

Snorcat

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on May 11, 2010, 06:33:24 PM

OMg wow that was a close one, good save by new owner of old house. I still cant say fanime with out smiling.

Bahaha, same here xD Two weeks from tomorrow! Cept I have an AP test tomorrow =( At least it's the last one :D

Chosen_Entity

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 10, 2010, 06:39:49 PM

Yay for random K-Mart guy! :D

Quote from: Cailany on May 11, 2010, 10:26:24 AM
Quote from: Chosen_Entity on May 10, 2010, 03:48:26 PM

Yay for more people!

Haha, you thought I wouldn't be on the list already "Chosen_Entity"?

no need to add Sasuke Akatsuki BrightHeart... Cailany=Catherine

*facepalm* Wow, I'm a tard! Don't know why I didn't think you'd be on here. :3

OMFG only 2 more weeks!!! I want it to be Fanime RIGHT NOW.
... Only not, because without my next paycheck, I'll be sleeping on the street.

robina

oh no cant be right now.. me still about to start work on my cosplays today >< meh!!
talk about last min stuff!!

BrightHeart76

VERY excited for Fanime this year!!!  I can't wait for this year, it's going to be AMAZING!!!!  (See my signature for my Fanime Joy Dance).

I have got an amazing headache tonight.  So I will do more updates tomorrow.  There is currently a two way tie with a close third on the poll.  If you haven't voted yet, make sure you do soon.  Also, if you are partial to a certain time make your voice heard.

Later day!

TokenBlackGuy

4:00 or 5:30, wow i dont care to much for the time, ill be avalible the whole day so ya.

My Cosplay. TBA