With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

roth14

Actually I'm a dude-ette :). But I'm glad everything is okay.

EJAY420

Ohh! My bad. Well Roth14. You are ONE COOL LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you at Fanime! Heck, see u next week!
Most Impressive.

roth14

Hehe. I don't mind actually. Just teasing you. ;)

BrightHeart76

Thank you roth14, I just got back and saw that little conversation. 

Ladies and gentlemen, I mean it when I say that I am amazed by you and how you treat each other.  I hope you share the same spirit of excitement and respect at the con that I have seen on this thread for most of the year. 

I want to say to you the same things I've said to my students, not because I think of any of you like students, but because I concider all of you friends and I want to share this philosophy with you.  "Don't do the right thing because you'll get in trouble for doing the wrong thing.  Do the right thing because it's right."  Some times it's an ethical or moral debate to decide what is "right" in a situation, and in those times we use our experiences and the advice of people we respect to decide.  In this case, in my opinion, "right" is very easy.  A group of artists is coming across the ocean to perform at our convention.  They are traveling farther than any member of our group (that I know of).  They have asked that we not take pictures.  It is very easy to identify that the right thing to do here is not try to take pictures. 

Please, I'm begging you all, don't try to circumvent the rules.  Don't push the limits on this.  While you personally may be willing to accept the concequences, it will reflect on us all. 

I'm not mad at anyone.  I just feel strongly that I needed to say that.

OK...I'm done with my rant. 

On an up note I realized just a few minutes ago that a week from right now I should be arriving at the Hilton to begin my Fanime weekend!!  Woohoo!!  So close!

We still need to discuss Friday, so ideas and thoughts....bring 'em on.

Also, I keep checking the weather...I'm a bit worried.  Unless things change (and I am hoping they change) Fanime weekend may be rainy.  This shouldn't be a huge problem.  Only really an issue for the picnic if the lawn is wet.  In advance of more reliable weather forecasts, start thinking of alternate ways we can do the picnic please.  I have an idea or two, but I'd really love to hear what you guys have to say.   :D 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

roth14

In relation to the picnic, does any hotel have an indoor pool or something? Or maybe a member's room, only as a last resort though. Don't want people going to strange rooms alone. Will it even fit us?

robina

i travelled longer lol.. i came all the way from egypt :P

roth14

Quote from: robina on May 20, 2010, 05:08:22 PM
You live in EGYPT (or were working there)!?  :o So cool.

BrightHeart76

Quote from: robina on May 20, 2010, 05:08:22 PM

Well OK then.  Wow.  :o  And I complain about driving from Reno! 

On the picnic note.  Most pools have a "no food or drinks" rule so I don't think that will work.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  I actually do have 2 ideas, I'm just not sure how well they would work or who to talk to.  Keep the ideas coming guys!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

robina

haha.. well am from egypt originally but i live in australia.. was in egypt before comin here n it was a loooong flight ><

Chosen_Entity

I heard it may rain that weekend, and I'm so bummed! If it does, I'm gonna have to spend most of the time inside (water-based paint).  :(

SweetNiar

well if the rain does happen i have a big cannopy tent that i use for picnics over in Knights Ferry XD

roth14

Quote from: SweetNiar on May 20, 2010, 07:09:51 PM
well if the rain does happen i have a big cannopy tent that i use for picnics over in Knights Ferry XD

Hmm. That's not a bad idea. Could you ask Brightheart about that?

TokenBlackGuy

Ya i also looked up the weather for the weekend, that sucks that it may rain. Hope the weather changes between now and then,
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

BrightHeart76

Quote from: roth14 on May 20, 2010, 07:19:11 PM
Quote from: SweetNiar on May 20, 2010, 07:09:51 PM

Hmm. That's not a bad idea. Could you ask Brightheart about that?

Thank you for the offer!  Very nice of you.    :D

I just don't know where we could set it up honestly.  If you're thinking about setting it up at the fountains for the gathering BSaphire would be the person to talk to.  At the picnic, well if it's wet enough to need a tent odds are the ground will be too wet for people in cosplay to want to sit down.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.   :)

I have a feeling (based soley on hunch and not on any kind of fact) that if it does rain it will be sprinkling.  So for now I think our only real problem is the picnic.  I know there has to be a solution for that...still trying to think of one.  There are a lot of places around the outside of the convention center that I THINK are semi covered.  

I'd say we'd find a quiet corner in the convention center to hunker down and have our picnic, but I think there's a rule against bringing food into the convention center because they sell food there.  I'd love to be wrong cause that would solve our "maybe problem".  But I'm pretty sure about that rule.

My plan of attack for Fanime right now is "Be Prepared" but also hope for the best.   ;D

ICosplayNeji

BrightHeart76

Quote from: ICosplayNeji on May 20, 2010, 08:32:24 PM
Ninja are always prepared XD

LOL.  That made me think of this

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/20/would-be-muggers-in-australia-thwarted-by-ninjas/?hpt=Sbin

Did anyone else hear about this?  I was laughing about this for hours this morning.  Go Ninjas!

TokenBlackGuy

Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

roth14

Would it be easier to just go as a group and buy lunch? Like we were originally going to do on Friday?

BrightHeart76

Quote from: roth14 on May 20, 2010, 08:38:52 PM
Would it be easier to just go as a group and buy lunch? Like we were originally going to do on Friday?

The problem with that is we can't do the games in a restaraunt.  I suppose I could just give the prizes away, but it would make me sad to put as many hours as I have into these games and not at least try to play them.  I'll compile a list of ideas, this one included, when Fanime gets closer we'll keep our eyes on the weather and if it's going to be yucky I'll put up a poll with all of the ideas.  So keep the ideas coming and we'll make a decision when we know more about the weather.   :D

How does that sound?

jackiemarie90

Oh hey guys!! It will be my first year cosplaying as gaara and I would love to be apart of this event! :) I'm gonna be the shippuden version and I look forward to see my other naruto lovers!! ha ha see you guys at fanime!
You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.