With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

Chosen_Entity

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 20, 2010, 08:42:06 PM
Quote from: roth14 on May 20, 2010, 08:38:52 PM
Would it be easier to just go as a group and buy lunch? Like we were originally going to do on Friday?

The problem with that is we can't do the games in a restaraunt.  I suppose I could just give the prizes away, but it would make me sad to put as many hours as I have into these games and not at least try to play them.  I'll compile a list of ideas, this one included, when Fanime gets closer we'll keep our eyes on the weather and if it's going to be yucky I'll put up a poll with all of the ideas.  So keep the ideas coming and we'll make a decision when we know more about the weather.   :D

How does that sound?

Playing it by ear sound good!

And massive lols about the ninjas!

ruby19_4

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on May 20, 2010, 10:38:36 AM
Quote from: ruby19_4 on May 20, 2010, 08:07:14 AM
Awww....I wont make it to the flow. Im stuck with the swap meet. Well thats ok. U guys have fun.
aw well I'll try and take pictures for you

Thx, but I think they did say that you cant take picture though. Dont worry. U have fun.

ruby19_4

Quote from: somegirlkatie on May 20, 2010, 11:05:27 AM
Quote from: ruby19_4 on May 20, 2010, 08:04:57 AM
Quote from: somegirlkatie on May 19, 2010, 11:01:00 PM
Okay. Question for people who have bought things oversea's and used USPS for shipping. I'm super curious as to if I should buy another headband or not. So maybe you can help me and tell me what this means o-o. Has anyone else had this problem or no? And if you have how long did to get past that?  ???

Service(s): Registered Mailâ„¢

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

Detailed Results:

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign International Dispatch, May 16, 2010, 10:29 am, HANGZHOU, CHINA PEOPLES REP
Foreign Acceptance, May 15, 2010, 10:09 am

What kind of headband. Maybe I have an extra one.

A slashed Amegakure[Rain] headband. Like the one Pein/Pain wears.  :D

O...never mind. lol. I dont have any of it. Sry.

ruby19_4

Quote from: robina on May 20, 2010, 05:36:53 PM
haha.. well am from egypt originally but i live in australia.. was in egypt before comin here n it was a loooong flight ><

Egypt...!! So cool. Waw... how's the view there?

ruby19_4

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 20, 2010, 08:42:06 PM
Quote from: roth14 on May 20, 2010, 08:38:52 PM
Would it be easier to just go as a group and buy lunch? Like we were originally going to do on Friday?

The problem with that is we can't do the games in a restaraunt.  I suppose I could just give the prizes away, but it would make me sad to put as many hours as I have into these games and not at least try to play them.  I'll compile a list of ideas, this one included, when Fanime gets closer we'll keep our eyes on the weather and if it's going to be yucky I'll put up a poll with all of the ideas.  So keep the ideas coming and we'll make a decision when we know more about the weather.   :D

How does that sound?

There is a lot of table in the convention. We could have lunch and play games at the same time. Or we could try to find a secret place. We need to ask someone who is familiar with the place. There should be some quiet place. I keep seeing people taking picture at a quiet place.

BrightHeart76

Just looked at the weather again...it's looking better.  Keep thinking warm, dry thoughts for Fanime weekend!   ;D

ONE WEEK UNTIL FANIME!!!!!!! 

Don't forget to practice your poses!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

robina

haha.. there's no special view in egypt (unless u're talkin about the pyramids) they r in the dessert not many area's overlook the pyramids actually.

BrightHeart76

We're updated again.  We're at 75 cosplayers on the list...5 more to reach our goal.  You know you guys know 5 more people who want to sign up for the gaterhing.   ;D

roth14 is doing really well organizing the breakfast gathering.  Remember to vote in the poll for where to meet that morning.

Friday.  Here is how I see this going down.  I plan to be in line early.  Like, my sister and I have cleared Friday for FLOW...so once the line starts we're going to head over.  If anyone wants to meet as a group to line up together I can help you organize it, but I plan to be in line much earlier than most people will be able to arrive. 

I do, however, have some fun glow toys for the concert (and some for the games on Sunday too).  I will post a picture of me in what I plan to wear on Friday once I get myself more together.  I will have a certain number of glow toys with me, I will give those out to people who find me in line until I run out of toys.  It's like "Where's Waldo" but I'll stare at you if you call me Waldo and I won't be wearing a stripped shirt.   ;D

After we all enjoy the concert we can do a quick meet up so that everyone knows who's who in the Naruto group.  From there we can go check out the swapmeet, video rooms, stage zero...what have you.  Or go off on our own.  I'm going to say we'll meet at the convention center, downstairs by the stairs on the right hand side at 10 o'clock.  Since the concert is supposed to end around 9, this gives everyone a chance to exit safely, change clothes if they want to, relax for 5 minutes and then head over.  I will be there with my BrightHeart Plushie, so I will be easily identifiable.   

Does that work for everyone?  Let me know, we can make changes.

A week from right now most of us will be at Fanime!  Woohoo!  Get those cosplays finished guys!  It is almost time!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

roth14

TokenBlackGuy

That works for me. So however this will work. My costume shipped later but its suppose to be here in 4-6 days. im pushing it hecka close, will not take this long  to order next time.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

BrightHeart76

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on May 21, 2010, 09:21:47 PM
That works for me. So however this will work. My costume shipped later but its suppose to be here in 4-6 days. im pushing it hecka close, will not take this long  to order next time.

Good to hear! 

somegirlkatie

Ugh, so a bill hit that my mother wasn't thinking about at the time. And therefore is out of money - but she gets paid next saturday so it's going to be a major push to finish my costume in a single day. x.x' But she said we can go if the costume is done. So I hope we can finish it and my stupid headband comes soon!

BrightHeart76

Quote from: somegirlkatie on May 21, 2010, 09:50:12 PM
Ugh, so a bill hit that my mother wasn't thinking about at the time. And therefore is out of money - but she gets paid next saturday so it's going to be a major push to finish my costume in a single day. x.x' But she said we can go if the costume is done. So I hope we can finish it and my stupid headband comes soon!

You don't have to be in costume to come.  You are just as welcome in street clothes as you are in costume.  You can't do checkers or photos out of costume, but dancing the picnic and the games at the picnic will still be open to you. 

Also, if time gets too tight I have a Leaf village headband you can borrow.  You can make a pretty decent "random leaf ninja" outfit out of every day clothes.  I could lend you the headband and you'd then be able to take part in the photos too.  Just an idea.  Let me know.  :)

somegirlkatie

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 21, 2010, 10:01:56 PM

You don't have to be in costume to come.  You are just as welcome in street clothes as you are in costume.  You can't do checkers or photos out of costume, but dancing the picnic and the games at the picnic will still be open to you. 

Also, if time gets too tight I have a Leaf village headband you can borrow.  You can make a pretty decent "random leaf ninja" outfit out of every day clothes.  I could lend you the headband and you'd then be able to take part in the photos too.  Just an idea.  Let me know.  :)

Tehehe. You're so kind. I cut my hair last week to go as Pein's second animal path. I refuse to wear wigs so yeah it had to be done! So I'm going to go as Pein's second animal path if I have to stay up all night to work on my costume and have no sleep during the convention. I just hope my mother doesn't riding in the car with me being super cranky. Two and a half hours in a small space could be some problems! xD. This would be my first convention so I kinda want to do it right and cosplay at it. =] But I'm not so good at checkers haha, so I don't think I will be playing those.

roth14

Quote from: somegirlkatie on May 21, 2010, 10:10:09 PM

Tehehe. You're so kind. I cut my hair last week to go as Pein's second animal path. I refuse to wear wigs so yeah it had to be done! So I'm going to go as Pein's second animal path if I have to stay up all night to work on my costume and have no sleep during the convention. I just hope my mother doesn't riding in the car with me being super cranky. Two and a half hours in a small space could be some problems! xD. This would be my first convention so I kinda want to do it right and cosplay at it. =] But I'm not so good at checkers haha, so I don't think I will be playing those.

You don't have to play. You can be PIECES!!! Beleive me, its really fun ;D.

somegirlkatie

Quote from: roth14 on May 21, 2010, 10:21:49 PM
Quote from: somegirlkatie on May 21, 2010, 10:10:09 PM

You don't have to play. You can be PIECES!!! Beleive me, its really fun ;D.

Wait what? You can be pieces? EXPLAIN PLEASE!

roth14

Okay, so basically this is either called cosplay chess or checkers. Two people play an actual game and yell out to the pieces (us) where to move. We the pieces kill, take, attack, etc... in a move that fits our character or something we like to do. :D

somegirlkatie

Quote from: roth14 on May 21, 2010, 10:37:20 PM
Okay, so basically this is either called cosplay chess or checkers. Two people play an actual game and yell out to the pieces (us) where to move. We the pieces kill, take, attack, etc... in a move that fits our character or something we like to do. :D

That sounds.. Amazingly fun. lol. I wish I could like sleep the week away, I want it to hurry up and be next weekend! ;D

ICosplayNeji

Quote from: somegirlkatie on May 22, 2010, 12:50:25 AM
Quote from: roth14 on May 21, 2010, 10:37:20 PM

That sounds.. Amazingly fun. lol. I wish I could like sleep the week away, I want it to hurry up and be next weekend! ;D

Same here! I just finished buying my train tickets :D Can't wait for Friday!

TokenBlackGuy

I can't wait for it to be next week, HURRY UP ALReADY!!!!
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!