With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

somegirlkatie

So... What do you think I should use for the piercings? I don't know what to use for like the metal rod's she has in her face. I just want to figure out what stores I have to go to before saturday hits.
[See link below for reference]
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_Path

The second picture [bottom] to the right is her. Any ideas?  :D Yes, yes I've asked alot of questions already! lol I'm sorry!

BrightHeart76

That's a tough one.  My gut reaction would be to try using black eraser tips (light, cheap and easy to find) and some spirit gum.  I think the spirit gum would adhere to eraser rubber, but I'm not 100% sure. 

Anyone else have any ideas? 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

roth14

Eraser tips or just drawing spots on with a strong marker. I've looked it up and this is the best option on short notice.

somegirlkatie

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 22, 2010, 08:26:49 AM
That's a tough one.  My gut reaction would be to try using black eraser tips (light, cheap and easy to find) and some spirit gum.  I think the spirit gum would adhere to eraser rubber, but I'm not 100% sure. 

I think we're going to go with the black eraser tips. But, where would one find spirit gum?

roth14

somegirlkatie

Quote from: roth14 on May 22, 2010, 04:26:09 PM
Sorry :'(, I could only find it online.

It's okay! I think we might super glue it to my face, lol. I didn't want to go out and buy the black erasers so I just colored white erasers black with sharpie. They actually came out pretty good looking. And it only cost my finger getting stained black for the day - yay. I'm still so excited, it's causing me to become super hyper. XD

somegirlkatie

Oh! Uhm will there be free wifi at the convention? Because I would love to trade pokemon with my friend - I have verizon wireless aircard and it doesn't allow me to get on the internet on my ds with it x.x!

roth14

Sorry it took so long. So you do have Wifi. But in my experience it has been VERY SLOW. Think of it this way, at least 14,00 nerds online at once. No connection is prepared for that. So it works, just slowly.

somegirlkatie

Quote from: roth14 on May 22, 2010, 06:07:25 PM
Sorry it took so long. So you do have Wifi. But in my experience it has been VERY SLOW. Think of it this way, at least 14,00 nerds online at once. No connection is prepared for that. So it works, just slowly.

Oh joy! But Ty for answering my question. c:

EJAY420

5 days and counting until I get to meet all u great people. feels like these last pre fanime days are the worst! they just feel a tad longer for it to be over with. This year is going to be the best so far. You guys rock!
Most Impressive.

roth14

Quote from: somegirlkatie on May 22, 2010, 06:13:45 PM
Quote from: roth14 on May 22, 2010, 06:07:25 PM

Oh joy! But Ty for answering my question. c:

Sure! Glad to help :).

Snorcat

Quote from: somegirlkatie on May 22, 2010, 12:35:34 PM
Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 22, 2010, 08:26:49 AM

I think we're going to go with the black eraser tips. But, where would one find spirit gum?

I found mine today at a costume store ^^

BrightHeart76

Hi all!  Incase you didn't notice the scheuld for Fanime is up on the first page.  Here's a link.  The file is a PDF so you'll need Adobe reader to open it.

http://www.fanime.com/docs/2010-schedule.pdf

Notice there is a some great stuff going on.  I personally love that the blurb for cosplay gatherings specifically mentions Naruto.  lol.  We also know when events like the FLOW Q&A is, when the Sweet 16 party is...all of the good stuff. 

Wow...this means Fanime is almost here!  YAY!!!  I was out getting the last pieces I need for my cosplays and such today.  I just need to do some laundry and pack..then I'm done!  Ready to go!  See you guys in a few days!

(PS...I bought candy just incase...but try to find 5 more cosplayers anyway)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

BrightHeart76

In other news.  I am going to lock down the schedule of Events for Naruto tomorrow.  If anyone needs to change something... let me know or I can't make any changes.  

If I don't hear from Moogleborg before then I'm going to take Dancing off of the schedule.  (I'll make an exception for him if I hear from him by Wednesday and add it back on, he's been trying to do this event for two years and I'd hate to miss it.)

Please take a look thru the schedule on the first page, let me know if you have any questions or concerns.  

The weather is looking better, so with any luck we won't need to scramble on Sunday to avoid the rain.   ;D

ruby19_4

Can someone tell me how to get a ticket for the sweet 16 party. Also the "rum" party.

BrightHeart76

Quote from: ruby19_4 on May 22, 2010, 11:50:12 PM
Can someone tell me how to get a ticket for the sweet 16 party. Also the "rum" party.

The details are here

http://www.fanime.com/events/connecting/

As far as I can tell The Sweet 16 is super limited and tickets will only be given away at certain events.  I think the Rum Party is open to all...but I could be wrong about that. 

What events will have tickets for the Sweet 16 I don't know.

TokenBlackGuy

i want to know, and will tryo to win them if i have to lol.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

ruby19_4

O I read it already. I was trying to find more info about it. But o well.

jemz

Quote from: ruby19_4 on May 22, 2010, 11:50:12 PM

The Rum Party is on Friday, 8pm-2am. There's an error in the pocket guide for the date and times. You don't need a ticket to go an play at the Rum Party, just show your badge and have some fun!

HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

somegirlkatie

Goodmorning, which turns out to be actually afternoon! Does anyone know if FLOW will be giving autographs? IF SO could someone pick me up one, since I won't be there friday!  :(