With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

BrightHeart76

LOL.  I passed crazy a few weeks back and have been steadily working towards absolute insanity with a side of loopy.  Changed jobs half way thru summer, still in the middle of training for one job, I wound up training to back up another job, then the office manager quit and somehow I'm taking on half of her duties too.  GACK!  This too shall pass, I suppose.  Until then...yeah I'm totally over run. 

That is why I haven't been updating by the way, incase anyone was curious I just haven't had the time.  I will get updates done soon.  Scouts honor.

I found a big group of cosplayers at my local mall today.  I almost went up to say hi, but chickened out.  Do you guys cosplay at random places?  I wish I had the nerve.  Please share your stories of random acts of cosplay.  :D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on September 26, 2010, 08:23:53 PM
LOL.  I passed crazy a few weeks back and have been steadily working towards absolute insanity with a side of loopy.  Changed jobs half way thru summer, still in the middle of training for one job, I wound up training to back up another job, then the office manager quit and somehow I'm taking on half of her duties too.  GACK!  This too shall pass, I suppose.  Until then...yeah I'm totally over run. 

That is why I haven't been updating by the way, incase anyone was curious I just haven't had the time.  I will get updates done soon.  Scouts honor.

I found a big group of cosplayers at my local mall today.  I almost went up to say hi, but chickened out.  Do you guys cosplay at random places?  I wish I had the nerve.  Please share your stories of random acts of cosplay.  :D

I cosplay randomly alot lol I've walked around town dressed as Naruto and as Sasuke. It was so fun!  ;D I've only walked around as Naruto once. I usually just go as Sasuke

Eeri-chan

Wooh, craziness at the job. I know how that goes.

My friends and I did that this summer. We had a Naruto photo shoot, and it got cut a bit short because of the location being run by meanies. So we went to the mall and then we went bowling. It was so much fun. ^^ I love doing that.
[/size

monikamilani

Eh, can you take me off of the list for now? Well, you can keep me there. I'm now deciding between Konan (akatsuki) or As said on the list (Female Choji) I will most likely pick Konan, though.
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

Cailany

lol yep! a lot of times actually... 'cept usually it's the whole group. But my girlfriend and I will randomly go out and cosplay for the hell of it. We get enough odd stares as it is. No biggie if we grab a few others as well xD Usually we go as Naruto characters  ;D

Dragon Ninja

I haven't. One time I was meeting some people to help me get to a convention, I walk over to a nearby resturant where I was to meet them. I was in costume and waited outside for them for a few minutes. During that time, people were looking at me like I was some kind of weirdo.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

monikamilani

Uh.. I just finished my Konan cosplay and it looks better than my choji one, so erase female choji and Sign me up for Konan from Akatsuki please!
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

Shinigami_Lover

I am not going to try to do Sai yet so I am just going to bring Sasuke of Shippuden back!

AND IF Team Hawk is looking for a Sasuke! I am here and I ask no pled that you do not bring that cut out.... I lost the three of you and my Naruto! ^_-
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

MokurenTattoo

Uchiha Sasuke, his most updated Shippuuden version.
2012 Cosplays:
Hope Estheim (FFXIII) | Finnian (Kuroshitsuji) | Luka Megurine (Vocaloid) | Kagome Higurashi (InuYasha) | Kathy (Harvest Moon) | Kida Masaomi (DRRR!!)

Chosen_Entity

Lol. Actually, our cosplay group does a TON of random photoshoots. Take a look!

http://lastminproductionz.deviantart.com/

;D

TokenBlackGuy

Anyone notice that some of the group starting are not of any anime origin or spinoff
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

Chosen_Entity

Hey, anyone else going to Yaoi-con?

If you are, look for a blue WoW troll, Orochimaruko, or Akatsuki Oro! Our whole group will be there! :D

OGIGA

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on October 24, 2010, 11:00:00 PM
Anyone notice that some of the group starting are not of any anime origin or spinoff

What do you mean?

BrightHeart76

Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Dragon Ninja

Hey, I just finished pre-registering for Fanime.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

TokenBlackGuy

Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on November 08, 2010, 07:43:40 PM

What do you mean?

Just saying that the groups that people are starting have nothing to do with anything anime or anything. Just an observation.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on November 09, 2010, 08:23:01 PM
Hey guys.  Just popping in to say "hi".

Hola!  ;D

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on November 10, 2010, 11:09:14 AM
Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on November 08, 2010, 07:43:40 PM

What do you mean?

Just saying that the groups that people are starting have nothing to do with anything anime or anything. Just an observation.

Ah I see. I get what you mean now.

BrightHeart76

OK guys, here's the deal.  I doubt that I'll be at Fanime this year.  I have some other obligations and Fanime may not be in the cards this year.  

I WAS trying to find a way to keep organizing this gathering, and hopefully make it for just this gathering.  However, somethings have been said and I find myself in a position I have never been in before.  Instead of looking forward to this gathering I am dreading dealing with some of the drama that would come with it this year.  That's not fair to me, or to any of you.

I think you guys are awesome.  Organizing this gathering for the last few years has been an amazing experience.  You are honestly a fantastic group of cosplayers and some of the coolest people I know.  None of you are the reason I've chosen to bow out.  You are, infact, the reason it is so hard to bow out.  I am amazed by you all and humbled to have had the opportunity to work with such great people.

That being said I will now lock this thread and step aside for someone else to organize this gathering.  Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance from afar.  If the new organizer would like to PM me a link to the new thread once it has been approved I will happily change this post to include a link to the new thread for 2011.  

I may not be with you at Fanime this year, but rest assured I will be thinking of you all.

Thank you for several wonderful years.  You guys really are the best.

Be good to each other.  Keep it positive.  And I have to end on this note.... BELIEVE IT!    ;)

The new gathering can be found at
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,15141.0.html

ICosplayNeji is the new organizer.  I'm sure you guys will have a great year!  HAVE FUN!

BSaphire

I have received a pm from several people on taking over the Naruto gathering. Here is some info for those interested to know:
To all potential Naruto Gathering Organizers:

• one person or a pair of people are welcome to run this gathering. If you and a another would like to run the gathering and someone else would like to run the Naruto events then that is ok. The gathering organizer needs to handle all the submissions to me. If you start the thread that makes you the orgainzer.
  • Start a new thread with the necessary 1st post info and make sure to add all those that have previously posted. I also recommend having a thread on the C.c forums for Fanime also. Once you have done this post the urls in the Gathering Threads url thread and I will then change the info on the list.
  • Be an active organizer and update the threads.
  • If you are the organizer please see Naruto gathering through to the end of Fanime.
    The Naruto cospeeps last year were the most active group of narutards :) I have seen in years and many will return. With that said, who ever takes it over should consider the many things that were planned for last year and make sure they can do some of the fun ones.
  • Naruto and Bleach switch off years on who gets Saturday and Sunday. This year Naruto gets Saturday. You can't change the day for the main gathering, but you can move some Naruto events to other days if you have a bunch of ideas.
  • One big obstacle that will be faced is dealing with the protesters. I recommend a bull horn.
  • The new organizer for THIS gathering will get to set the time with the other large returning gatherings because this gathering has had at least 60 + for over 3 years. That means the time will need to be decided before January 6th and will need to be PM'd to me in the Submission request format. If you have other gatherings that you are running then you may include them in your request also.
  • By May 4th you would need to have your Photography Order ready (and included in your 1st post) so that you can post that along with any changes required when Confirmation begins. You may include all of your gatherings at that time. This is done by post in the gatherings list thread.
  • As for the Naruto events that are planned, it would be best to have that info on them ready and submitted when you do your Submission or Confirmation. Any events included in your other gatherings may be included at that time.
  • Naruto and Bleach organizers have worked with me and the Shonen Jump gathering each year. Jump stays on Sundayand is at 3 pm so please let your Naruto cosplayers know they can join in on the Jump gathering & Jump games too.
  • If you have any questions at any time you can pm me here. If I haven't gotten back fast enough then send me an email at:
    gatherings [at] fanime.com
As a final note: If you are going to do this please be serious about doing as much as you can to make it successful for all those attending. Please don't start a thread just to have a gathering if someone else is willing to do more. To all the Naruto cosplayers out here I ask you to be supportive of your new organizer and assist them when necessary. Be the positive and fun loving Narutards that I have come to love. Let's all make 2011 super fun!
Squidges
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC