Lolita-fied Characters

Started by DivineChaos, June 04, 2008, 04:28:57 PM

DivineChaos

Well, if this was already seen before the latest Fanime, sorry for not noticing, but this year I really did notice.  While walking around, I think it was Friday or Saturday, I saw the Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto group dressed in the Lolita form, which I think was really creative.  They were probably one of my favorite groups in the con.  Just thought I'd give them kudos for that.

So, has this been going on for a while, and is anyone planning on doing it for the next Fanime?  If so, who, how, and tell me when you're going to the con, because I'm going to want pictures.

BunofGovt

Is that what they were doing?  I thought it was Sexy no Jutsu, but with more lace and frills.  I got a pic of Naruto and Sasuke (I think it was Sasuke - dark outfit) in the hallway between the Marriott and the convention center.  Very nice!!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

BrightHeart76

There was also a Lolita-fied Gaara.   Did you see the Lolita Transformers?  They were my favorite.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

DemonLordZabuza

I did see the Naruto and Sasuke Lolita's and I believe I saw the Gaara one.  But yea that was awesome.  I think I have friends who know them.  Sadly I dont have a good camera or I would have taken some pictures :D

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

DivineChaos

It could have been the Oiroke no Jutsu, but either way, they looked very Lolita to me, so that's what I'm going to be calling them.  I do have a picture of the Gaara and Temari.

Gaara and Temari

As well as Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura.

PyronIkari

Worst idea... since the FAnime Con Cruise

DemonLordZabuza

Which one?  the older or newer one?  they were both horrible.

On the idea factor, I personally believe its a very unique idea.  Nice outfits as well.  Much better than the outfit you walked around it :D.

But enough of that this isnt the topic of the thread 8)

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

JiiiWiz

Me and my friend are going to be Snj Lolita Deidara and Itachi  next year ^_~
We'll probably be going to the Naruto gathering which will be on Saturday.
There might be a surprising entrance when we arrive XD

"Please don't.."

Chibblz

Sounds interesting.. I'll hunt you guys down and take pictures..

But isn't it weird that so far, it's only Naruto characters that are being "Lolita-fied"? Except for those Transformer girls I saw. Very awesome, btw. o_o;

JiiiWiz

Hm...we need more lolified characters lol. That would be awesome :D Instead of all naruto characters dressing up as lolis...we need more characters from other series as well!
"Please don't.."

Kazuko

Quote from: PyronIkari on June 05, 2008, 01:40:18 PM
I agree

DEAR GOD it makes my blood boil, as a girl so into the lolita fashion that I shit lace, Why do you guys do it. It makes ita lolis think its okay when it should be a no no

Besides many are doing it SO WRONGLY D: Cheap lace, satin, pvc, maid items =/= Lolita

I swear I want to vomit right now :<

JiiiWiz

Quote from: Kazuko on June 25, 2008, 07:36:22 PM
I agree

DEAR GOD it makes my blood boil, as a girl so into the lolita fashion that I shit lace, Why do you guys do it. It makes ita lolis think its okay when it should be a no no

Besides many are doing it SO WRONGLY D: Cheap lace, satin, pvc, maid items =/= Lolita

I don't know, bu I'm just staing my opinion. I mean, I love lolita fashion, but making lolita things such as dresses etc for characters is fun. It should be fun. You don't have to be a perfectionaist if you want to have fun, but that's just me.
"Please don't.."

Kazuko

Quote from: (GG)Nami_Misaki on June 25, 2008, 10:17:52 PM
I agree

I don't know, bu I'm just staing my opinion. I mean, I love lolita fashion, but making lolita things such as dresses etc for characters is fun. It should be fun. You don't have to be a perfectionaist if you want to have fun, but that's just me.
theres a fine line of being a perfectionist and someone clearly getting it properly coordinated. Im a bit of an elitst when it comes to fashion and especially lolita fashion, If an outfit looks poorly done and/or badly coordinated it shouldnt be seen at all

but to me giving characters (especially males) a female lolitafied look it makes girls who are new to the lolita fashion seem okay it starts off as that then goes to OMG CHII IS SOO LOLI LYKE YANNO SHINKU IS TOO AMIGAWDDD but thats already happened, and it gives birth to the Ita lolita (newbie lolita, whatever)
Those outfits are lolita inspired :x

JiiiWiz

Quote from: Kazuko on June 25, 2008, 10:24:01 PM
Quote from: (GG)Nami_Misaki on June 25, 2008, 10:17:52 PM
I agree

theres a fine line of being a perfectionist and someone clearly getting it properly coordinated. Im a bit of an elitst when it comes to fashion and especially lolita fashion, If an outfit looks poorly done and/or badly coordinated it shouldnt be seen at all

but to me giving characters (especially males) a female lolitafied look it makes girls who are new to the lolita fashion seem okay it starts off as that then goes to OMG CHII IS SOO LOLI LYKE YANNO SHINKU IS TOO AMIGAWDDD but thats already happened, and it gives birth to the Ita lolita (newbie lolita, whatever)
Those outfits are lolita inspired :x

I understand what you are saying, and most of it is true. But if they know if it's a real lolita or not, then there's no problem. If they can tell the difference between Ita Loli and a real one, then there we go. But we all know cons have good and bad loli cosplayers :x the only thing is to have fun and enjoy yourself instead of judging their sense of fashion. But yeah, we should have fun while wearing anything basically. It makes everyone happy, you know?
"Please don't.."

Nina Star 9

Except... loli isn't cosplay. o__o;

I have no problem with cosplay loli for cons, as long as it looks good and is obviously meant as a cosplay that has loli inspiration, or if the person dresses nicey as a loli, but is only able to wear the fashion at conventions for whatever reason. The problem I have with the vast majority of cosplay that claims to be lolis is that it doesn't fit the fashion at all, and typically looks very cheap. Sure, something like our example is loli-inspired cosplay, but that doesn't make it loli. If it were a cosplay that followed the fashion, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Then again, if they like wearing it, I really don't have any room to judge them. I mean, we all have to start somewhere, right? Actually, the girl on the left (err... bottom) of this pic isn't too bad, but everyone else in the pics posted look like they are in cheap Halloween costumes. Though, hopefully they learn from their mistakes, and in the future can make some better-looking costumes, since as I said, we all have to start somewhere, right? There is barely anything about them that shares aspects with lolita fashion, though, so it really bothers me to call them lolita. Maybe we can get away with lolita-inspired.

I'm pretty into lolita fashion, as well, but I'm a bit more open about it. I mean, if it is okay to make a "gangster" version of a character, or if it is okay to wear cat ears with jeans and a t-shirt, I don't see why it isn't okay to combine cosplay with any other fashion, as long as it looks good and you know what you are doing, and know that it is cosplay and not actually that fashion. Sure, it sets an example for others, but hopefully they will do their research and learn about what that fashion really is if they see something, and another person learning the loli ways can't hurt, as long as they learn it correctly and don't follow bad examples, right?

JiiiWiz

Well, I was just saying that people who cosplay and dress as lolitas are well yeah. Of course it's not real lolis. But it's lolita inspired, that's all. But yeah Nina Star, you're right. As long as it looks good and you know what you're doing then it's alright. I've seen pretty bad cheap loli outfits and it was er...yeah. If you've seen the naruto and sasuke lolis, they did a pretty good job on theirs. I just don't know why people think it's not ok to combine cosplay with  fashion. It's a bit odd.
"Please don't.."

Nina Star 9

The Naruto and Sasuke ones aren't lolita, though, not really even close.

I am actually sort of torn on this, since logically I don't see a problem with people combining fashion as cosplay, as long as it looks like that fashion and looks good, but also, I feel like things like this give lolita a bad name and perpetuate wrong ideas about it. I think that no one should try to pull of a cosplay lolita unless they are already really into the fashion and already very good with it, but very few people so into the fashion would do this. Otherwise, it just ends up... bad.

JiiiWiz

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on June 26, 2008, 06:08:43 PM
The Naruto and Sasuke ones aren't lolita, though, not really even close.

I am actually sort of torn on this, since logically I don't see a problem with people combining fashion as cosplay, as long as it looks like that fashion and looks good, but also, I feel like things like this give lolita a bad name and perpetuate wrong ideas about it. I think that no one should try to pull of a cosplay lolita unless they are already really into the fashion and already very good with it, but very few people so into the fashion would do this. Otherwise, it just ends up... bad.

Very true...
Hopefully my loli outfit for my cosplay isn't bad. I'm also trying to match the loli fashion and putting in my own style to it as well, if not, it'll just turn out to be Lolita inspired instead. But as long as I have fun in it and it looks good then that's not a problem.
"Please don't.."

Kazuko

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on June 26, 2008, 08:28:18 AM

I have no problem with cosplay loli for cons, as long as it looks good and is obviously meant as a cosplay that has loli inspiration, or if the person dresses nicey as a loli, but is only able to wear the fashion at conventions for whatever reason. The problem I have with the vast majority of cosplay that claims to be lolis is that it doesn't fit the fashion at all, and typically looks very cheap. Sure, something like our example is loli-inspired cosplay, but that doesn't make it loli. If it were a cosplay that followed the fashion, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Then again, if they like wearing it, I really don't have any room to judge them. I mean, we all have to start somewhere, right? Actually, the girl on the left (err... bottom) of this pic isn't too bad, but everyone else in the pics posted look like they are in cheap Halloween costumes. Though, hopefully they learn from their mistakes, and in the future can make some better-looking costumes, since as I said, we all have to start somewhere, right? There is barely anything about them that shares aspects with lolita fashion, though, so it really bothers me to call them lolita. Maybe we can get away with lolita-inspired.

I'm pretty into lolita fashion, as well, but I'm a bit more open about it. I mean, if it is okay to make a "gangster" version of a character, or if it is okay to wear cat ears with jeans and a t-shirt, I don't see why it isn't okay to combine cosplay with any other fashion, as long as it looks good and you know what you are doing, and know that it is cosplay and not actually that fashion. Sure, it sets an example for others, but hopefully they will do their research and learn about what that fashion really is if they see something, and another person learning the loli ways can't hurt, as long as they learn it correctly and don't follow bad examples, right?

ewww Lolita cosplay D: thats like Ita Loli amirite!

Cosplay Lolita is the starter set of becomming a Lolita (sometimes!) Mainly Lolitas  who just wear it to anime conventions. But still it SHOULD I MEAN REALLY REALLY OMG NO CAT EARS OR LEGWARMERS be well coordinated and good! Decora girls/boys have the only exception to this law since They only have lolita esque Items such as an alice bow or a skirt, sometimes ouji pants

Im so mean when It comes to fashion =(

JiiiWiz

Quote from: Kazuko on June 26, 2008, 08:00:54 PM
Quote from: Nina Star 9 on June 26, 2008, 08:28:18 AM

ewww Lolita cosplay D: thats like Ita Loli amirite!

Cosplay Lolita is the starter set of becomming a Lolita (sometimes!) Mainly Lolitas  who just wear it to anime conventions. But still it SHOULD I MEAN REALLY REALLY OMG NO CAT EARS OR LEGWARMERS be well coordinated and good! Decora girls/boys have the only exception to this law since They only have lolita esque Items such as an alice bow or a skirt, sometimes ouji pants

Im so mean when It comes to fashion =(

XD Legwarmers...i'm sorry..they look a bit off with the loli look D:
"Please don't.."