Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Started by Dragon Ninja, June 04, 2008, 09:23:05 PM

Dragon Ninja

After more than 20 years, the Ghostbusters are back in an all-new video game that's also a continuation to the movies and is written by the original creators themselves. Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and Bill Murray reunite to reprise their roles as Egon Spengler, Ray Stantz, Winston Zeddmore and Peter Venkman. Supporting the ghost busting crew are others from the movies like Annie Potts as Janine Melnitz and William Atherton as Walter J. Peck. The game takes place 2 years after Ghostbusters 2 and Manhattain becomes newly overruned by ghosts and other supernatural creatures. You play as a newly hired recruit joining the original Ghostbusters team and not only are you equipped with the iconic Proton Pack and others equipment from the movies, you also test out a variety of new and unique weapons and gadgets as you get to hunt, fight and capture a wide range of uncanny phantasms and demons in an all-new, funny and frightening battle to save New York City from its latest paranormal plague.

The game also features some classic spooks from the movies like Slimer, that librarian ghost from the first movie, the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man and new ghosts created just for the game.

Ghostbusters: The Video Game will be available this October for PS2, PS3, 360, Wii, DS, and PC.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

TC X0 Lt 0X

There still putting stuff on the PS2...

Proves how far Sony has fallen...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

AmazingKenchan

Proves PS2 is still the superior system lololol

I guess this will go with the new movie I keep hearing rumours about?
2004-2005 Logistics Staff
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

rude32

Dude I have been waiting for this game for so long. It looks freaking awesome. Also off topic, but have any of you guys seen the fan made movie "Freddie VS. the Ghostbusters" or " "Return of the Ghostbusters."
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Jerry

Hey I still like Ps2!!!!
I like the fact that its still kicking and screaming to stay on the gaming market. Budget titles and the fact that it has TONS of versatility and RPGizzle and all that awesome jazz... that and im too lazy to update to a blu-ray just yet.

As far as i remember to comments. this is the CLOSEST thing rather than make a half-ass attempt at a 3rd Ghostbusters movie...

Considering EVERYONE from the original cast and writers, I'm looking forward to it being that I was an 80's kid. and YES i had ALL the toys and recorded them on VHS (who remembers those?) back in the days.

Who you gonna call? -Thats right.
Old school and non-lame remake for the win.  :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

TC X0 Lt 0X

I love my Ps2 as much as the next person, but the only reason games are still produced for it is because the Ps3 sucks, which isnt to say it will always suck, but right now, yes.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

error00004

I was wondering if anyone can help me but I have the game - _- obviously and I'm at Return to Hotel Sedgewick...the part where your suppose to get into an elevator (sorry if spoiled) BUT...THE ELEVATOR NEVER CAMEEE!!!
am I suppose to press something or so? because nothing is working );
They are just standing around and I've waited more then 10 mins just running around Dx
Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ