Personality? Or Looks?

Started by SukebeStudios, June 06, 2008, 01:33:11 AM

Would you rather go out with...

...someone with a hot body?
...someone that makes you laugh?
...can't give an honest answer?
...anyone, because I'm a complete slut?

SukebeStudios

Ok...I'm putting this poll up because I've honestly gotten fed up with ladies telling me they like guys with a nice personality. Come on ladies, you know that's a lie. If you had a choice between an Otaku that can make you laugh, and someone that looks like Orlando Bloom...you'd go out with Orlando Bloom! Nice guys with average looks or below, don't stand a chance against the really good looking guys out there. So answer the poll honestly...stop trying to kid us nice guys, cause eventually we might stop being so nice.

Lactose

noones trying to kid you.
any girl worth anything cares about personality over anything else.
Lactose = Liz

SukebeStudios

Quote from: Lactose on June 06, 2008, 01:46:03 AM
noones trying to kid you.
any girl worth anything cares about personality over anything else.

BWAHAHAHAHA....oh wait...you're serious?? If that were true then how come there's so many really nice guys that end up growing old and dying alone?

Ah yes, I forgot one thing. Guys! Listen up! If you're average looking or below, you CAN get the girls...as long as you have a lot of money. If you're rich, that's the only thing that makes looks irrelevant.

Jun-Watarase

Augh... I hate these sort of threads, but here I go.

Personality is one of, if not THE most important thing about a guy we're attracted to-- but why in god's f*ck would that make appearance irrelevant? It's when losers assume this, they bitch and moan about "Oh, girls only care about looks but they never care about guys who have nice personalities. Wah wah wah." Appearances do matter. They're also PART of personality-- it shows you have style, you can take care of yourself, and uphold a decent appearance.

As for the whole "girls like jerks, not nice guys" type mentality, which is a HUGE pet peeve of mine-- we've reviewed this many times on the forums, here. Don't delve too far into the friends' zone. Make your intentions clear. Don't make yourself look like a spineless wuss. Don't present anything less than honest. Don't take it slow only to let the "jerks" pass you by. Blah blah blah, just put it on loop for me, please.

It's not that all girls want guys with absolute flawless appearances-- but it's not bad to have standards. In most cases, losers aren't appreciated. No one wants to deal with that in a relationship. I'd rather have someone attractive, stylish, AND with a great personality, not to mention, confident enough to not whine about crap like this... but personally, I find personalities the sexiest part of a person I'm attracted to.

Good looks can be great, but they don't mean much at all if the personality is terrible.
A great personality IS great... but it may be a turn off if they don't appeal, aesthetically.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

SukebeStudios

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on June 06, 2008, 02:03:36 AM
Augh... I hate these sort of threads, but here I go.

Personality is one of, if not THE most important thing about a guy we're attracted to-- but why in god's f*ck would that make appearance irrelevant? It's when losers assume this, they bitch and moan about "Oh, girls only care about looks but they never care about guys who have nice personalities. Wah wah wah." Appearances do matter. They're also PART of personality-- it shows you have style, you can take care of yourself, and uphold a decent appearance.

As for the whole "girls like jerks, not nice guys" type mentality, which is a HUGE pet peeve of mine-- we've reviewed this many times on the forums, here. Don't delve too far into the friends' zone. Make your intentions clear. Don't make yourself look like a spineless wuss. Don't present anything less than honest. Don't take it slow only to let the "jerks" pass you by. Blah blah blah, just put it on loop for me, please.

It's not that all girls want guys with absolute flawless appearances-- but it's not bad to have standards. In most cases, losers aren't appreciated. No one wants to deal with that in a relationship. I'd rather have someone attractive, stylish, AND with a great personality, not to mention, confident enough to not whine about crap like this... but personally, I find personalities the sexiest part of a person I'm attracted to.

Good looks can be great, but they don't mean much at all if the personality is terrible.
A great personality IS great... but it may be a turn off if they don't appeal, aesthetically.

Interesting that the first thing you assume when guys say stuff like this...is that they're losers. Also by what you're saying, if you're unattractive, and not even average looking, you're more than likely screwed because that person is not going to get a chance because they're not..."aesthetically appealing."

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: SukebeStudios on June 06, 2008, 02:09:57 AM
Interesting that the first thing you assume when guys say stuff like this...is that they're losers. Also by what you're saying, if you're unattractive, and not even average looking, you're more than likely screwed because that person is not going to get a chance because they're not..."aesthetically appealing."

Are you serious? Honestly, my last post was very sugar-coated... and had hints of some advice, but here we go again.

For one thing, I never connected poor looks -> losers. What makes the loser are people who whine about this crap, while being unwilling to try to even attempt to improve themselves. If anyone had the right information, and the will to make the effort-- anyone can seem somewhat aesthetically pleasing in comparison to when they DON'T CARE AT ALL. But yes. As for me "assuming when guys say stuff like this" being losers... I do. Because only losers would complain about this sort of crap and speak of it in the tone you put it in.

Like this for example:
QuoteBWAHAHAHAHA....oh wait...you're serious?? If that were true then how come there's so many really nice guys that end up growing old and dying alone?

Ah yes, I forgot one thing. Guys! Listen up! If you're average looking or below, you CAN get the girls...as long as you have a lot of money. If you're rich, that's the only thing that makes looks irrelevant.

How pathetic is that? Seriously, to reply to her that way... as generalized and sugarcoated as her post was, you seriously deserve a kick to the balls. Just because YOU'RE a loser and can't get with girls, doesn't mean it's the girls' fault and that the only way to their heart is to offer them superficial nothings like money and looking like god damned Orlando Bloom.

But it doesn't mean looks and money aren't important... but you know what makes them important? Because it makes you seem like YOU GIVE A DAMN, and that you're willing to actually TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. That means, maintaining your life financially and maintaining a decent appearance. As my friend had said to me, most girls we both know aren't that superficial. I, myself, have pretty realistic standards... If a guy can't even manage to have a stable life enough to maintain his money and appearance, why would I want to be in a relationship with him? He obviously can't take care of himself, if that were the case.

Though, ask any girl you meet. The majority will agree that looks aren't everything-- it's a big plus if they do happen to be attractive, but if it was purely physical attraction and nothing else, chances are, they wouldn't be happy with the relationship.

What makes you think any girl would be dong something WRONG to not want to date someone with your mentality? Why would I, or any other girl, want to deal with that?

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

SukebeStudios

Ok, first off, fuck you.

FYI, I do take care of myself. I pride myself on my appearance. Everyday I show up for work, I make DAM sure that I appear in a professional manner! I make damn sure I am clean-shaven, hair tied back, clothes are clean, and that I have no unpleasant odors when I start the workday. So don't you start fucking lecturing me about taking pride in my appearance because I know I do! So forgive me for being fucking cynical about this type of thing! I know I'm not a loser, I work damn hard just to survive on the minimum wage that I earn busting my ass every day! I take pride in myself, and if I didn't, I wouldn't even bother posting a thread like this because I wouldn't give two shits!

Punkbuster

How come it's always "Guys, you can get the ladies." If men are suppose to be men, why do I know so many awesome and single women? I've done my share of being the aggressive, and I use to change my boyfriend like I change my socks. I've dated young, old, hot, ugly, nerd, jock, etc. Based on my life experiences, lasting relationships seem to be based on compatibility.

Come on now, saying 'it's a lie' is like us saying "we girls know that all guys want a piece of ass."

You make it sound like you have issues with finding a woman. I can totally understand being frustrated with finding a suitable significant other, but you just sound angry. @_o

Mister_E

Quote from: Punkbuster on June 06, 2008, 02:58:00 AM
How come it's always "Guys, you can get the ladies." If men are suppose to be men, why do I know so many awesome and single women? I've done my share of being the aggressive, and I use to change my boyfriend like I change my socks. I've dated young, old, hot, ugly, nerd, jock, etc. Based on my life experiences, lasting relationships seem to be based on compatibility.

Come on now, saying 'it's a lie' is like us saying "we girls know that all guys want a piece of ass."

You make it sound like you have issues with finding a woman. I can totally understand being frustrated with finding a suitable significant other, but you just sound angry. @_o
Sounds like you have a new life experience every morning, tell me when you have one for a Anime/Star Wars/Zombie/Zeonist Fan Boy one.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Punkbuster

Quote from: Mister_E on June 06, 2008, 03:02:58 AM
Sounds like you have a new life experience every morning, tell me when you have one for a Anime/Star Wars/Zombie/Zeonist Fan Boy one.
WHICH ONE? I dated a DnD mastermind, Star Trek nerd, and a guy who'd rather watch zombie/horror movies than do 'other things' with me.

I like to keep my options open, since I don't want to look like I'm singling out one type of group that I won't date. My parents tell me all the time that you always end up marrying the last person you'd think you would.

Variety is the spice of life!!!

Evelle

Actually punky loves zombies.

But either way, yes girls like hot guys. Just like guys like hot girls. The guy who says he never checked out a smoking chick is lying through his teeth. Personally the way I see it, the Orlando Bloom types are for booty calls and the otaku nerds are for taking home to daddy.

SukebeStudios

Quote from: Punkbuster on June 06, 2008, 02:58:00 AM
I've done my share of being the aggressive, and I use to change my boyfriend like I change my socks. I've dated young, old, hot, ugly, nerd, jock, etc. Based on my life experiences, lasting relationships seem to be based on compatibility.

No offense, but how come you didn't vote for Option 4?

Mister_E

Quote from: Punkbuster on June 06, 2008, 03:07:34 AM
WHICH ONE? I dated a DnD mastermind, Star Trek nerd, and a guy who'd rather watch zombie/horror movies than do 'other things' with me.

I like to keep my options open, since I don't want to look like I'm singling out one type of group that I won't date. My parents tell me all the time that you always end up marrying the last person you'd think you would.

First off DnD never tryed it never will, Star Wars kicks Star Treks ass every hour on the hour, and only Zombie films anyother type of horror film I don't enjoy, and if you have coffee with me you'll find out that I am the LAST person that you folks told you about, NAW I'm kidding I've been told that I am interesting and very expressive in my voice. At least I hope they meant that in a good way...

Quote from: Evelle on June 06, 2008, 03:11:18 AM

But either way, yes girls like hot guys. Just like guys like hot girls. The guy who says he never checked out a smoking chick is lying through his teeth. Personally the way I see it, the Orlando Bloom types are for booty calls and the otaku nerds are for taking home to daddy.

*Raises hands* Guilty! But never got any further than that.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

SukebeStudios

Quote from: Evelle on June 06, 2008, 03:11:18 AM

Um, when you say "guy who never checked out a smoking chick," I assume you're referring to me, due to the fact that I was the only guy posting, everyone else were female. And if that's the case...WTF are you talking about? I never said I didn't check out a smoking chick.

Evelle

Quote from: SukebeStudios on June 06, 2008, 03:12:21 AM

So putting "no offense" before you basically call her a slut makes you think thats OK? No wonder you're still single.

Punkbuster

No offense? Riiiight. Don't assume too much. I think I have more control over myself than to hit whatever comes my way.

SukebeStudios

Quote from: Evelle on June 06, 2008, 03:19:27 AM

So putting "no offense" before you basically call her a slut makes you think thats OK? No wonder you're still single.

OK, the way I talk in a forum, and the way I act in real life are two different things. Do you think I'd actually say that to someone's face? No wonder you're still a moron.

Evelle

Quote from: SukebeStudios on June 06, 2008, 03:23:41 AM
No wonder you're still a moron.

And theres the charming personality women run away from. At this point I'm thinking the problem isn't your looks.

Punkbuster

Quote from: Mister_E on June 06, 2008, 03:15:10 AM
Quote from: Punkbuster on June 06, 2008, 03:07:34 AM

First off DnD never tryed it never will, Star Wars kicks Star Treks ass every hour on the hour, and only Zombie films anyother type of horror film I don't enjoy, and if you have coffee with me you'll find out that I am the LAST person that you folks told you about, NAW I'm kidding I've been told that I am interesting and very expressive in my voice. At least I hope they meant that in a good way...
I enjoyed Dnd, when I was with a good RP'ing group, but I'd still rather play final fantasy. DnD is too slow of a game for me.

I agree, Star Wars>Star Trek. That guy liked the writing of the ST books better, beats me why. Most of those books were mind-numbingly boring, but I like the old classic sci/fi writers so I'm biast. I'm really particular about horror movies, but I prefer the psychological horror ones anyday.

Coffee = Life force

SukebeStudios

Quote from: Evelle on June 06, 2008, 03:29:21 AM
Quote from: SukebeStudios on June 06, 2008, 03:23:41 AM
No wonder you're still a moron.

And theres the charming personality women run away from. At this point I'm thinking the problem isn't your looks.

Ah...thank you for proving my point by ignoring the first half of my statement which you conveniently left out of your post.