Gundam Universe 2009 Gathering

Started by KyraEnsui, June 06, 2008, 12:16:20 PM

Which time of day is good for Saturday?

10:30AM
12PM
1:30PM
Other (Please specify)

KyraEnsui

Hello everyone! From what I heard from this post, it turned out to be awesome. Sadly, I missed the gathering so I was pretty down for awhile. I'm happy to see it turn out awesome so let's do it again for 2009. This time, the planning is now in advance, not last minute like I did last time. Right now, it's poll time to see which time we should have this gathering on. Our 2008 info: Fanime Gundam Universe 2008 gathering.

|---------------------------------------------------------|
| Date: Saturday, May 23, 2009                                             |
| Time: 10:30AM                                                                        |
| Location: MP & L: Fountains in Front by Con Entrance   |
|---------------------------------------------------------|

Gundam Character Sightings (as of May 3, 2009):
KyraEnsui - Lacus Clyne (Gundam SEED)
RyuHayabusa - Domon Kasshu (G Gundam)
Mirai Noah - Murrue Ramius (Gundam SEED), Mirai (Mobile Suit Gundam), Sumeragi Li Noreiga (Gundam 00)
iKuraudo - Athrun Zala (Gundam SEED)
Aya_love - Meer Campbell (Gundam SEED Destiny)
Naya_B - Meer Campbell (Gundam SEED Destiny)
Mister_E - bringing Zeon Flag
Neo-Zaku - still deciding (Mobile Suit Gundam)
Cywren - Kati Mannequin (Gundam 00)
leic-proxy - Gundam (Made out of Boxes)
samcarter - Feldt (Gundam 00 2nd Season)
will [ishida] w/ friends - Allelujah Haptism, Lasse Aion and Lockon Stratos (Gundam 00 2nd Season)
Hodge Bodge - Prof. G (Gundam Wing)
Heimdall - Setsuna F. Seiei in his driver uniform (Gundam 00 2nd Season)
Robbit - Saji Crossroad (Gundam 00 1st Season)
obliviousedward - Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing)
RyuSan777 w/ littlelenny - Heero Yuy and Relena Peacecraft (Gundam Wing)
Lordsnow w/ friend - The Ball unit & THE Gundam
Umeboshi - Lunamaria Hawke (Gundam SEED)

This year's 2nd gathering will celebrate 30 years of Gundam! (1979 - 2009) Thank you, Mister_E for the information!

"Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed."

Thank you everyone who's participating. This is going to be awesome! Thank you~! <3

BunofGovt

I'm not sure the links are working.  I'm getting a hypertext transfer protocol screen.  But the gathering was pretty fun.   I was so happy to see Mobile Suit Gundam outfits!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

RyuHayabusa

I'll be there next year as Domon. I will buy all the materials beforehand and work on the costume, so count me in :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

yafromuk

Hi guys, I was the Feldt Grace and my boyfriend was the only male Lockon Stratos (my sister was Louise)

2008 was our first Fanime and we loved it. The Gundam Gathering really helped make the con for us (especially since a large group of us continued the 'gathering' for the whole of Sunday =).

Barring unforseen events, we'll definately be back, and we'll definately be Gundam (probably 00)

As for costumes, we'll have to wait and see what Season 2 has in store =) We're already doing Soma and Allelujah/Hallelujah for AX (as well as Lockon and Feldt)

I'm really looking forward to next year

KyraEnsui

Quote from: BunofGovt on June 06, 2008, 07:27:53 PM
I'm not sure the links are working.  I'm getting a hypertext transfer protocol screen.  But the gathering was pretty fun.   I was so happy to see Mobile Suit Gundam outfits!

;D I got it fixed now.

KyraEnsui

2nd Seasons outfits for Meisters.

Neo-Zaku

I may (and this is a tenative one) be bringing a little 'armor' to the gundam gathering in the form of a Zeon paint schemed Guntank. Yes, I am insane but I have solved a couple of this issues that have prevented me from completing this project in past years so I may be able to pull it off.

Barring that I will be at least remaking my old Zeon pilot uniform from Mobile Suit Gundam.
Private C. Fodder will be reporting for duty. Or maybe it'll be Private R. Shirt. Still deciding  :P.
There is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack is to be able to throw yourself at the ground...

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

Mirai Noah

I'll definitely be there for sure! I'll probably be Murrue again for the gathering, although I'll probably also be Mirai and Sumeragi (I still have to make these cosplays, but hey, I have some time) for the con.

I'm not sure which day/time to suggest, because I'm not sure when the other gatherings I plan to are going to be held. It seems that everything is TBA.

ToshiX

Well see what happens next yer  XP
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

KyraEnsui

Yeah. There are a few gatherings I'm joining are TBA along with my friends. We have a few months ahead to plan it out. ^___^b

I was thinking of making Haro cupcakes for all Gundam cosplayers who joined to gathering. Just a thought.

iKuraudo

I'm going as Athrun Zala (Gundam Seed)

obliviousedward

Okay, I know I mentioned it for Fanime '08, but this year, I'm seriously considering breaking out either my Lady Une or Duo Maxwell cosplay for the gathering. :3  I'm not quite sure if I'll actually end up doing it, but I'm thinking about it!

I'll get back to you on that. <3
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Mirai Noah

^Do it! You know you want to! :D

And Haro cupcakes sound delicious, KyraEnsui! :)

Aya_love

AJ_627

theres a chance i might cosplay as Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing.

Mister_E

We have to make this one big!
Next year will be 30 years of Mobile Suit Gundam

1979-2009
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Mister_E on September 01, 2008, 09:12:50 PM

1979-2009

:o Really? Indeed, we have to make this one spectacular! I planned to cosplay either the Meisters or new characters (if they added) when 2nd season is going to be air.

=) Then I'll make some Haro cupcakes for the occasion.

Mister_E

Quote from: KyraEnsui on September 03, 2008, 06:06:53 PM
Quote from: Mister_E on September 01, 2008, 09:12:50 PM

1979-2009

:o Really? Indeed, we have to make this one spectacular! I planned to cosplay either the Meisters or new characters (if they added) when 2nd season is going to be air.

=) Then I'll make some Haro cupcakes for the occasion.

I going to do a skit to honor 30 years of Gundam and 40 U.C. Years of Zeon.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

KyraEnsui

Thank you for the info by Mister_E, next year's gathering will be special since it will make 30 years for the Gundam series. Hopefully, we'll get to see more from cosplayers not only from 00, but from other past series too!

In planning, we will have musics from all (hopefully) the series AND I'll be providing for every Gundam cosplayers that I see attending the gathering with Haro cupcakes! Sounds interesting yet?

Hope to hear what's everyone's plan for their character!

Mister_E

Quote from: KyraEnsui on September 17, 2008, 03:06:30 PM
Thank you for the info by Mister_E, next year's gathering will be special since it will make 30 years for the Gundam series. Hopefully, we'll get to see more from cosplayers not only from 00, but from other past series too!

In planning, we will have musics from all (hopefully) the series AND I'll be providing for every Gundam cosplayers that I see attending the gathering with Haro cupcakes! Sounds interesting yet?

Hope to hear what's everyone's plan for their character!

I call a Green Haro! I'll be the Laughing Man with a Zeon Flag, but drunk (Not really but I'm making it look like I am, I was also wear the Zeon Medal of Honor, and a Party hat for 30 years of Gundam.