nerf tournament gunfights

Started by satanic_mechanic, June 07, 2008, 01:16:06 AM

satanic_mechanic

anyone see those cool nerf revolvers?

not quite vash the stampede, but still definitely cool.

start in an area with places where there is lots of cover.  6 shots per contestant, in a best of four series to move on.

prize is...??? i dont know. there is always nerf-glory. the pride of knowing that you are the best nerf gunfighter at fanime?

thoughts? suggestions?
"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." -HD Thoreau

AnimeEmperor

satanic_mechanic

that is an 11 on the lame scale.

seriously? i thought there was going to be a boffer room, and i know the con doesn't allow stuff like that... if they are going to abrogate the rule for that, why couldn't they accommodate nerf?

its the safest thing in the universe. we could make them wear goggles and silly helmets if there is so much concern, in addition to a multitude of signed liability waiver forms.
"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." -HD Thoreau

Kaura117

Quote from: satanic_mechanic on June 07, 2008, 09:23:37 PM
that is an 11 on the lame scale.

seriously? i thought there was going to be a boffer room, and i know the con doesn't allow stuff like that... if they are going to abrogate the rule for that, why couldn't they accommodate nerf?

its the safest thing in the universe. we could make them wear goggles and silly helmets if there is so much concern, in addition to a multitude of signed liability waiver forms.

The liability waivers, ident checks, and the fact that it's a launched projectile we're lobbing about might have something to do with it. If it has to do with shooting people, it's probably NOT going to pass muster. Not in this day and age.

satanic_mechanic

never thought id live to see the day NERF became a legal liability.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Yes, at this time in the universe, The US is filled with censorship and safety rules.

I wouldn't be allowed to bring a nerf gun to my high school, heck, I couldn't bring one of those pop guns to school.

At least Clinton is NOT going to president in this election, or else the censorship would be elevated to the Forth degree!!!

And as it turns out, the spell check "Fixed" the word Cliton to Clinton for me. Creepy.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

satanic_mechanic

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Rhornez

aww damn if only nerf....it would be soo fun

...OVER THE TOP!!!
Trench Nerf Warfare >=D

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

kjcwashere

Quote from: Rhornez on June 15, 2008, 01:39:35 AM

...OVER THE TOP!!!
Trench Nerf Warfare >=D

we can only dream dude :\

otakuapprentice

Quote from: kjcwashere on September 19, 2008, 04:37:06 PM
Quote from: Rhornez on June 15, 2008, 01:39:35 AM

...OVER THE TOP!!!
Trench Nerf Warfare >=D

we can only dream dude :\

and that's all you'll be doing...dreaming.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Xeluu

Unfortunately, I think there are enough projectiles moving through the air without allowing the nerf guns.

This year as Mudkip and Lucario I had multiple pokeballs thrown at me, and I'm taking plastic or HARD PLASTIC here. D:

As much fun as the nerf would/could be, I don't think we need to encourage people to be hitting others with any item. (Even if it's foam and bright orange.)
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

ewu

Sorry guys, I don't think there is an area large enough that we can devote to......nerf gunfights... and even with waivers, the prospect is dim

Now, if you decided to do this in the concourse, even if it was not covered specifically under the weapons policy, it would immediately be looped into the "anything FanimeCon deems as a weapon" clause. In an open area there would be too many flying things and running people that would put other congoers in a pickle......a pickle being DEATHLY MORTAL DANGER....or they might get bumped into....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Steve.Young

Quote from: ewu on September 22, 2008, 05:40:58 AM
Sorry guys, I don't think there is an area large enough that we can devote to......nerf gunfights... and even with waivers, the prospect is dim

Now, if you decided to do this in the concourse, even if it was not covered specifically under the weapons policy, it would immediately be looped into the "anything FanimeCon deems as a weapon" clause. In an open area there would be too many flying things and running people that would put other congoers in a pickle......a pickle being DEATHLY MORTAL DANGER....or they might get bumped into....

I dunno if you remember the staff BBQ incident where Rena yelled at some reg people for having that big giant nerf rocket launcher...

Nerf in the wrong hands is still a liability...regardless of what it consists of. Human beings have great potential...in hurting each other with anything including air, words, soft foams/plastics, water, etc.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com