D.Gray-man Gathering 2009~!!

Started by yamaneko, June 07, 2008, 11:12:44 AM

Inuashley

Hi everyone, this is Inuashley from the cosplay.com forums. ^^ I have been notified by myalchod of the situation of conflicting scheduling, so I proposed to have one gathering(I guess you could call this the "official" one, which will be posted on the gathering list) at 10am, for those of you who can't make it to a later gathering, and then another one at 1pm for those of you who would rather not get up so early, or a later time is better for you.

Please let me know what you think of this, YamaNeko, so that I can update the cosplay.com thread accordingly. Thanks,

~Ashley
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

yamaneko

Yes, that was the solution we were going to go with. It works perfectly fine; I shall post a notice in this thread about the 1 o'clock gathering. Where [will you be holding it/are you planning for everyone to meet?]
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

Charis

Yes, I'm the squeaky wheel. :3  Glad to see it all looks like it's going to work out with minimal fuss -- coordinating these things can be so hard.  Kudos to you both for that.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Inuashley

Quote from: yamaneko on January 05, 2009, 08:02:52 PM
Yes, that was the solution we were going to go with. It works perfectly fine; I shall post a notice in this thread about the 1 o'clock gathering. Where [will you be holding it/are you planning for everyone to meet?]

Alright, I'm glad it works out well then. ^^ I'll be holding it at the same place, at the fountains.

yamaneko

Quote from: Inuashley on January 05, 2009, 09:00:50 PM

Alright, I'm glad it works out well then. ^^ I'll be holding it at the same place, at the fountains.

We're all arranged then! ^^ It's too bad we don't have our awesome Tyki back this year, though >.< Planning on Kanda instead?
Stephie Z.

Inuashley

Quote from: yamaneko on January 06, 2009, 03:51:19 PM
Quote from: Inuashley on January 05, 2009, 09:00:50 PM

We're all arranged then! ^^ It's too bad we don't have our awesome Tyki back this year, though >.< Planning on Kanda instead?

I can't cosplay Tyki anymore anyways, since I sacrificed his coat to do Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji. xDD; I'll be doing this version of Kanda instead: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=24402
I'll probably be wearing a black wig instead though, since I don't like the blue color all too much on me.

yamaneko

LOL I like how you used "sacrificed" xDD; So, Edo arc uniform, then? (shall update) Don't worry about the wig color; lots of people use black instead of blue xD
Stephie Z.

Yuu

*sigh* Screw it. Im not doing Kanda anymore.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

ToshiX

Quote from: Yuu on January 09, 2009, 10:01:33 AM

what is the problem now little buddy
lol
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Yuu

Quote from: ToshiX on January 11, 2009, 09:58:19 PM

lol

Because everyone else is doing it and I dont want to be cool.

and Fanime de nemu ikimasenda.

Rette

Quote from: Yuu on January 12, 2009, 08:37:55 AM

lol

Because everyone else is doing it and I dont want to be cool.

It takes alot to be the only one doing a particular cosplay. You either have to do something really obscure or very, very complicated, or both.

You can still stand out among the other people cosplaying the same character if you try to make it the best (good construction, details, etc. be an uber perfectionist) or do an interpretation (add some personal flair).

Don't give up just because other people are doing it. =)

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

Yuu

Quote from: Rette on January 13, 2009, 01:11:49 AM
Quote from: Yuu on January 12, 2009, 08:37:55 AM

It takes alot to be the only one doing a particular cosplay. You either have to do something really obscure or very, very complicated, or both.

You can still stand out among the other people cosplaying the same character if you try to make it the best (good construction, details, etc. be an uber perfectionist) or do an interpretation (add some personal flair).

Don't give up just because other people are doing it. =)

Yea, I do that a lot. Kumoricon I was Young Byakuya ( manga) and bloody street Kanda. Few people got either costumes.

I know it sounds really arrogant but I dont like fangirls. I dont want to be surrounded by "OMG I like Kanda the best ect"

Mostly I told the person who was supposed to make my costume a year ago " I want to have it before it gets popular and every fangirls and thier mother cosplays him."

Rette

Looks like I have to withdraw my Kanda this year due to budget constraints, and wander off in search of cheaper meadows.

I look forward to seeing everyone's cosplays though!

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

ToshiX

Seems I might not be wearing DGM on Sunday : / the Bleach Chess game then the gathering then the sj gathering @_@ I may be Allen on Saturday ^ ^

either that or maybe later in the night The cloak seems to be going to be warm
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

thecrazytofu

Lol.
i have a friend who's going as Lenalee.  and the rest of our group will be attending anyways XDD

yamaneko

Awwww losing people already? TT_TT I hope you guys will still consider wearing your DGM cosplays, even if it's not to gathering; drop by and say a quick hi! ^^
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

: 3

/gives Yame a hug

AoD in less then two weeks x] !!

D. Gray manga coming back in a few months as well (April).

ToshiX

"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Yuu

Quote from: ToshiX on January 26, 2009, 06:03:20 PM
Seems I might not be wearing DGM on Sunday : / the Bleach Chess game then the gathering then the sj gathering @_@ I may be Allen on Saturday ^ ^

either that or maybe later in the night The cloak seems to be going to be warm

Eh, they are on the same day?  Oh well this is just another to not go as Kanda.

Hirotona

Eh it's not like I was ever going to watch the anime anyway. The manga will be back in a few months anyway, looking forward to that.