D.Gray-man Gathering 2009~!!

Started by yamaneko, June 07, 2008, 11:12:44 AM

yamaneko

Well, this year's gathering was awesome; thanks to those of you who showed up and sorry to those of you who couldn't make it >_< I was glad to meet all of you!
But now. . . D.GRAY-MAN 2009!! xD

TIME AND LOCATION
When: TBA officially; possibly 10:00 AM, Sunday
MP: fountains in the front
L: stairs on the left-hand side of the main entrance by the doors to the Marriott lobby (?)

NOTICE: Inuashley's gathering is no longer taking place (so I'm told). DO NOT come at 1 PM!! Instead, please go to the Shonen Jump gathering, taking place by the fountains as well, an hour later and represent DGM!!!!

ATTENDEES
(names in parentheses are "maybe"s. Character names with no parentheses after them mean that the cosplayer(s) has/have not stated which version they will be cosplaying. We will assume the first uniform.)

AnimeEmperor and iKuraudo as Allen Walker
yamaneko as Allen Walker (Edo Arc uniform)
DivineChaos, Aya_love, Naya_B, and Kisamitsu as Allen Walker (C.C. version)
(ToshiX) and DivineChaos as Allen Walker (C.C. Omega version)
Kisamitsu and (yamaneko) as Allen Walker (Gray Arc uniform)
yamaneko as Allen Walker (Chapter 159 version)
Yuu and Rette as Yuu Kanda
Inuashley as Yuu Kanda (Edo Arc uniform)
Eboni ninja as Lavi
AbsolutelyCursed as Lavi (Edo Arc uniform)
questionette as Lenalee Lee
(namineartbook) and (EmeraldJade) as Lenalee Lee (3rd uniform)
Truten as Arystar Krory
Charis as Miranda Lotto (pre-Exorcist version)
Mirai Noah as Miranda Lotto (Edo Arc uniform)
Aurxlen as Debito
Hirotona as Cross Marian
mochisnack as Rhode Camelot
leic-proxy as The Millenium Earl
(artisticpsyco as Lulubell (non-Noah form))

UNKNOWNS
- Lavi x2
- Miranda Lotto or Komui Lee
- Yuu Kanda x2
- Lenalee Lee x2
- Allen Walker (apprentice version) x2
- Cross Marian
- Jasdero
- Lavi (Chapter 159 version)
- Yuu Kanda (Chapter 159 version)

update20081130: removed total count-er; it's getting too confusing with all the maybes @_@
update20090105: posted notice about 1 o'clock gathering
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

Truten

AnimeEmperor

I'm going to try and be Allen Walker....but....I'll probably miss it again. XD

Charis

I'll have my new D.Gray stuff done next year (and the time to wear it -- ohgodtoomanycosplays!), Murphy willing.  I've got plans for both Komui and finishing up my halfway-done pre-Exorcist Miranda, so hopefully can turn up in one of those.  :3
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

yamaneko

YAY~! Peoples! xDD; *feeling KINDA hyper today*

Quote from: AnimeEmperor on June 07, 2008, 02:16:29 PM
I'm going to try and be Allen Walker....but....I'll probably miss it again. XD

Lol, at least you try xDD

Quote from: Charis on June 08, 2008, 07:42:11 PM
I'll have my new D.Gray stuff done next year (and the time to wear it -- ohgodtoomanycosplays!), Murphy willing.  I've got plans for both Komui and finishing up my halfway-done pre-Exorcist Miranda, so hopefully can turn up in one of those.  :3

Really random, but speaking of Komui. . . we saw one by the fountains at the time of the D.Gray-man gathering, but he was being anti-social and wouldn't come over and join the group TT^TT so we actually ended up with only one (or two) Komuis this year. I actually saw. . . zero. xD; But I heard there were a couple or so running around.

Also, Charis, you look kinda familiar o.o Did I see you at the Campaign Cosplay Chess game, or was that another Unohana?
Stephie Z.

ToshiX

Well I'll try to come
If I make Fanime 09
I'm hoping on doing Crown Clown Omega ^ ^
Unless Allen gets a more AWESOME Transformation which I doubt
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Charis

Komuis should not be antisocial unless they are sulking about Linali growing up and dating.  :D

Quote from: yamaneko on June 08, 2008, 10:27:35 PM
Also, Charis, you look kinda familiar o.o Did I see you at the Campaign Cosplay Chess game, or was that another Unohana?

Um ... maybe?  I was in two Cosplay Chess games at Fanime, both as Unohana -- the Bleach one, and then the one on Sunday night -- but I'm not sure if either of those is what you're referring to.
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

DivineChaos

Well, there's a chance that I'll go to the D.Gray Man Gathering, so might as well.  Going as Allen Walker in his initial Crowned Clown transformation and also as the same character with that buster sword looking thing.  Yesh.  Oh, I'll bring at least a Lavi, Komui or Miranda, Kanda, and Lenalee with me in a group.

Hirotona

I'm strongly considering cosplay Komui... but I'm not sure my friend wants to cosplay Rinali anymore >___<;; I'll have to wait and ask her (she's on vacation for a couple of months so I'll likely not know till mid-late August).

yamaneko

Quote from: Charis on June 09, 2008, 08:48:18 AM
Komuis should not be antisocial unless they are sulking about Linali growing up and dating.  :D

Um ... maybe?  I was in two Cosplay Chess games at Fanime, both as Unohana -- the Bleach one, and then the one on Sunday night -- but I'm not sure if either of those is what you're referring to.

LOL xDD I believe it was the one on Sunday night, that was supposed to be at 8pm, until we learned that they'd played earlier >_< I was there as Allen Walker, the king on the black side.
Stephie Z.

Charis

Quote from: yamaneko on June 09, 2008, 08:03:04 PMLOL xDD I believe it was the one on Sunday night, that was supposed to be at 8pm, until we learned that they'd played earlier >_< I was there as Allen Walker, the king on the black side.

Oh! Then yes, that was me as Captain Mom -- because mini!Byakuya demanded it of me earlier, and I didn't have the heart to turn her down.
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

yamaneko

Lol, you mean Yuu? xD; Yes, she was yelling at me for being on the black side. . . then followed up by saying, "Oh well, I will enjoy killing you." xDD
Stephie Z.

hellangel

iunno if i'm going to join in this year (i already have so much stuff going on o___o)

but!

my brother: apprentice Allen Walker
friend: General Cross
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Charis

Quote from: yamaneko on June 10, 2008, 04:21:30 PM
Lol, you mean Yuu? xD; Yes, she was yelling at me for being on the black side. . . then followed up by saying, "Oh well, I will enjoy killing you." xDD

Hehehe, yes -- I don't remember what name she's going by here.  :3  I did threaten her with severe death (or worse) after she lost me without ever moving me -- because that was the SECOND chess game that had happened in at Fanime, and I did not approve.  :3

Gawd, I'm going to have WAY too many cosplays for Fanime '09 at this rate.
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

yamaneko

Lol, I'm sorry that happened xD; But! I had to commit seppuku as the king cuz we forfeited xDD
Stephie Z.

Yuu

Quote from: yamaneko on June 09, 2008, 08:03:04 PM

Oh yea LOL xDD I believe it was the one on Sunday night, that was supposed to be at 8pm, until we learned that they'd played earlier >_< I was there as Allen Walker, the king on the black side.

Ehe yea I even suprised myself with how bitchy I got with the game staff. But they were so cool about it.

And YOU were the one I kept trying to kill?! I had no idea the entire time. Why..WHY didn't I have my Kanda costume! That would have been amazing and you know it >D

Oh yea, sorry the game didn't go so well.  Since we were sitting on the ground neither of us could see who was who.

Oh and in 09 I WILL have my Kanda costume if the last damned thing I do. *Shakes fist*

yamaneko

Quote from: Yuu on June 11, 2008, 08:46:37 PM

Oh yea LOL xDD I believe it was the one on Sunday night, that was supposed to be at 8pm, until we learned that they'd played earlier >_< I was there as Allen Walker, the king on the black side.

Ehe yea I even suprised myself with how bitchy I got with the game staff. But they were so cool about it.

And YOU were the one I kept trying to kill?! I had no idea the entire time. Why..WHY didn't I have my Kanda costume! That would have been amazing and you know it >D

Oh yea, sorry the game didn't go so well.  Since we were sitting on the ground neither of us could see who was who.

Oh and in 09 I WILL have my Kanda costume if the last damned thing I do. *Shakes fist*

Lol, YAY!!! xDD Will you be coming to the gathering, then?
Stephie Z.

AbsolutelyCursed

Put me down for Lavi (uniform v2). Can we not have the gathering at 10 am?

Yuu

Quote from: yamaneko on June 11, 2008, 10:49:31 PM
Quote from: Yuu on June 11, 2008, 08:46:37 PM

Lol, YAY!!! xDD Will you be coming to the gathering, then?

You bet your ass!  Even in the rare and quite impossible chance that I end up in some sort of awesome and freak accident, and die I'll show up as a bloody zombie! XD

ToshiX

Quote from: AbsolutelyCursed on June 11, 2008, 10:54:39 PM
Put me down for Lavi (uniform v2). Can we not have the gathering at 10 am?

ROFL
I somewhat second that
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???