D.Gray-man Gathering 2009~!!

Started by yamaneko, June 07, 2008, 11:12:44 AM

ToshiX

well from san jo to L.A. is about a 3-4 hour drive I pressume from where I live its going to be a 7 - 8
hour drive fun XP
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

yamaneko

Are you serious, only 3-4 hours?? o_O Everytime I've gone roadtripping with my family, it always took us at least 6 hours D:
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

Yuu

Quote from: yamaneko on June 25, 2008, 11:31:58 AM
Are you serious, only 3-4 hours?? o_O Everytime I've gone roadtripping with my family, it always took us at least 6 hours D:

Oh dear god I don't think I could stand a road trip with my family at all.

I went on a road trip from Seattle to AX in Anihiem and it was a good 14 hours. Through dead, dry grass lands.  I wanted to stab myself in the head just for entertainment, but I had nothing sharp enough so I settled for repeatedly slamming my head against the window.  >_<

ToshiX

Quote from: yamaneko on June 25, 2008, 11:31:58 AM

well it also depends on how fast your driving
and if your able to avoid traffic ^ ^
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Charis

I drive pretty darned fast, and it took me something like four hours to get from Santa Barbara to San Jose, not counting the stops we made on the way.  We didn't have a lot of traffic, straight shot up the 101.  I expect if you're taking the 5 down that's better, because you can drive even faster, but IMO, five hours is probably more reasonable on average from SJ to LA.  (It's a little over an hour for me south to LA, barring traffic -- yeah, like there's never any.)

I need to insist my brother build that teleporter he was supposed to be making in college.  Three years is enough time, right?  :3

(That said, I kind of like road trips, though I prefer them if I'm the driver -- I make a bad passenger, and that way I can control the music.  But for me, road trips usually involve high-speed chatter and/or singing along with the music, especially if it's my sister and I (as it was for Fanime).)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

yamaneko

Yeah, maybe, 'cept we had jammed 8 people into a 7-person car. . . D: my cousin and i were forced to sit in the trunk. V.V Very sad it was.

AND I WANNA GO TO AX, DAMMIIIIIIT!! DDDx
Stephie Z.

ToshiX

you have a week to assemble a team to go with good luck
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Hirotona

You're looking for people to carpool down to AX with? D:

yamaneko

Lol, I say I wanna go, but, in truth, there's no way in hell my parents are gonna let me. . .

WHY ARE MY PARENTS SO ASIIIIAAAANNNN?? ?? ?? DDx
*sob sob cry*

It ain't fair, I say!! ;_;
Not to mention that even though they're divorced, they still talk to each other!! DAMN YOU SHE'S THE MAN!! THERE IS NO 'BEAUTY OF DIVORCE'!! D:

And now that I have killed your eyes with caps, I will shut up now.
Stephie Z.

ToshiX

you can always make up something
like going camping with your friends lol
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

yamaneko

I wish, but they wouldn't even let me out for one day with the excuse that I was in a "group study with friends" D: So I'm basically screwed. . .
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

DivineChaos

Wewt, totally off subject stuff.  Bumps that are hidden bumps.  LoL

Yeah, well I know we have the meeting and all that, but anyone wanna have some sort of running game or something to give us extra entertainment while at the con?

Yuu

Quote from: DivineChaos on June 27, 2008, 03:04:16 PM
Wewt, totally off subject stuff.  Bumps that are hidden bumps.  LoL

Yeah, well I know we have the meeting and all that, but anyone wanna have some sort of running game or something to give us extra entertainment while at the con?

No. Running makes me angry. How about a game where we uh..do something..other than running? ..Yes.

yamaneko

LOL xDD
Well, I dunno if we're gonna have enough people for a game of Cosplay Chess, not to mention I don't know if Gaming is going to let us. . .
Maybe we can play Monopoly in the park LOL xDD

OR!! We can play cards *w* *will definitely put her card-cheating device into use* Yes, for the sake of accuracy, I actually got one for my Allen cosplay xDD
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

I've always was curious as to play that Monopoly in the park.. and for that matter the giant game of chess at Santana Row D:

Btw 10 on Sunday = awesome time as it lets me work a second gathering later on in the day, and judging from my plans so far I'll probably be participating in two gatherings at least one of the days.

yamaneko

Yeah, that was the main reason why we picked 10 AM this year, cuz it was early on in the day, so most people would be able to make it, not to mention go to the SJ gathering at 2 in the same costume, or another one if they were going to a different gathering. ^^ Cuz we smart lol
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

Very wise thinking indeed : D

D8 I just noticed the Soul Eater gathering was Sunday to > A<;; I'll see if I can get that changed with any luck. Three cosplays in one day is a bit much, though so far only Shinpachi's cosplay has given me any trouble (with any luck I'll be able to wear it right for AX).

ToshiX

@yama- dang my parents aren't even that asian strict lol
but I think 10 is quite early thats why alot of people didnt make it this year.

@Hiro- this fanime sun. I was crown clown, Itachi, Ban Kai Ichigo then hollow ban kai ichigo then I was Chopin ><
I had to go through 5 cosplays it was not fun lol
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Hirotona

LOL ;;

/doesn't want to go through that if humanly possible

I want to spend some times with friends/in the AA to afterall.