D.Gray-man Gathering 2009~!!

Started by yamaneko, June 07, 2008, 11:12:44 AM

Charis

Actually, I'm not doing uniform Miranda -- I started her pre-exorcist dress for last year's AX, never finished it, and decided I'd do that for Kumoricon this year because Komui might take me too long to work out (and I have other projects I want to start).  I don't think the uniforms use buttons much aside from the decorative accents.  :D
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

yamaneko

Ohhhh never noticed the back of that either, though xD; I don't notice a lot of people's backs, though, unless there's like a whole panel in the manga dedicated to it ^^;;

I had an eye-popping moment when I saw the new uniforms. Let's just say I saw mainly zippers @__@ and then I found out that the lines on Allen's sleeves. . . yeah, those were zippers, too D: And the belts!! OMG! At least Allen doesn't have as many as Kanda @___@ Hoeeeeeeeh. . .
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

Charis

Second D.Gray uniforms = ZIPPERED HELL.  T_T  I'm scared of sewing in zippers, honestly.  That's probably part of why I'm avoiding the uniforms.

(I'm totally neurotic, and that's probably why I noticed the buttons.  Or just totally neurotic.  XD )
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

yamaneko

Edo arc uniforms = ZIPPERED AND BELTED HELL @____@ Kanda wears, like, a corset of belts xDD what the hell do they need them all for?? ?? D:
Stephie Z.

Yuu

Quote from: yamaneko on June 29, 2008, 09:24:47 AM
Ohhhh never noticed the back of that either, though xD; I don't notice a lot of people's backs, though, unless there's like a whole panel in the manga dedicated to it ^^;;

I had an eye-popping moment when I saw the new uniforms. Let's just say I saw mainly zippers @__@ and then I found out that the lines on Allen's sleeves. . . yeah, those were zippers, too D: And the belts!! OMG! At least Allen doesn't have as many as Kanda @___@ Hoeeeeeeeh. . .

Eh? 'new ones'? You mean the 'second ones' that they have in the anime right now? Or have I missed something?
   I thought Kanda only had one really big zipper on the front of his coat. Are there more that I need to make?

You know, if I weren't a girl I would just make his costume post-Skin battle. It'd take a hell of a lot less time to make and i wouldn't fry  if it were really hot. but noooo >_<

yamaneko

^^; By "new", I mean the ones worn in the Japan / Ark. . . arc? o_O That sounded kinda weird xD; I can't remember who right now, but someone had a bunch of zippers on, I think, the tail of his shirt. . . or something. Maybe I'm just hallucinating D:
Stephie Z.

Charis

It varies from character to character too.  I think Kanda is morally opposed to zippers.  :3

PS YUU DO NOT SPEAK TO ME OF MELTING.  I MOCK YOU.  T_T
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Yuu

Quote from: Charis on June 29, 2008, 10:31:07 AM
It varies from character to character too.  I think Kanda is morally opposed to zippers.  :3

PS YUU DO NOT SPEAK TO ME OF MELTING.  I MOCK YOU.  T_T

I thought Kanda had a moral opposition to..eerm..everything.

..... I once had a dream where I melted. I even died. Twice! That's more than my usual once.
...Just keepin the conversation going..yup.

Oh and it's going to be in the nineties today! Hooray! I'm just damned glad I moved out of that god-forsaken oven. My new appartment isn't nearly as stuffy.

Hirotona

Yamaneko: Aww it's okay T^T Don't feel to bad about it.

Hehe AX so soon <3 I can't wait, and the art catalogue will be out tomorrow or Tuesday * D*

yamaneko

Quote from: Yuu on June 29, 2008, 10:49:30 AM

*cracks up*
I'm sorry, that's just too true xDD; Everything except soba, Mugen, and his lotus *w*
And, really random, but why is it that everytime Kanda fights a relatively hard battle, his hair ALWAYS comes down?? Dx He's instantly bishi-fied! *rewatching the Skin vs. Kanda episode*

Oh god, I wanna go to AX D: I have NOTHING to do here! I swear! Everyone's out of the country, visiting family and what-not. . . why not make THEM come HERE for once?? TT^TT

My house is built on top of what once was a riverbed. . . it keeps the house cool in the summer, but it's BUTT-FREEZING HELL in the winter DD: I'm talking big, giant, "outdoors" type coats here, INSIDE the house Dx
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

Ahh man you're lucky D: My room is like a heat box and I can't stand the heat as it is (has to have the fan on alot).

And I wish I could assist somehow =[

D: I want to see more of my fanime friends who live around the area. Besides work (soon) and AX I usually don't have much to do really.

Charis

I envy you, Yamaneko: I can't deal well with heat at all, so freezing would be OMGYAY.  My current house isn't as bad as the one we were renting last summer, where it didn't get below eighty for most of the summer indoors because INSULATION LOLWHUT? and other kinds of epic fail.  (Seriously, that place was a deathtrap.  At least it was cheap.)  I don't like it above seventy-five or so, which means clearly that I live in the wrong place.

*works on AX stuffs, fwee!*
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Hirotona

I can't stand above seventy-five very well either! XD well more like.. over eighty is when the heat really starts to bother me and dampen my mood.

Yuu

Quote from: yamaneko on June 29, 2008, 10:56:43 AM
Quote from: Yuu on June 29, 2008, 10:49:30 AM

*cracks up*
I'm sorry, that's just too true xDD; Everything except soba, Mugen, and his lotus *w*
And, really random, but why is it that everytime Kanda fights a relatively hard battle, his hair ALWAYS comes down?? Dx He's instantly bishi-fied! *rewatching the Skin vs. Kanda episode*

Oh god, I wanna go to AX D: I have NOTHING to do here! I swear! Everyone's out of the country, visiting family and what-not. . . why not make THEM come HERE for once?? TT^TT

My house is built on top of what once was a riverbed. . . it keeps the house cool in the summer, but it's BUTT-FREEZING HELL in the winter DD: I'm talking big, giant, "outdoors" type coats here, INSIDE the house Dx

Hmm I bet he does have serious moral opposition to that Lotus just..not a damned thing he can do about it. 
Oh, that brings me an OT question; what IS with that curse anyway? After he fought Skin it wilted away but he didn't' die ( Not from that anyway) so like..was it all a lie, or..what?

As for his hair, I think it's just something in they do in anime to make battles more epic. Happens to Renji  too. I wish my hair were that long. Grow faster dammit!

I don't mind staying home. I don't have my Kanda costume anyway. I still have to finish unpacking my stuff, oh, and I'm flat fucking broke. >_<

I HATE cold. I cannoit stand it below 65. My apparent is a bit warm but it's in the middle of asia town and is all-Japnese-ey. Theres a giant court yard with a gazebo and a pond/fountain thing. Plus I have my own patio so I just sleep outside it gets too bad.

yamaneko

I don't think it wilted. . . just another two petals fell off or something o.o apparently, the Lotus is keeping him alive, and as soon as all the petals fall, then he dies. . . ? o_O I dunno, something like that.

As for me, I'd rather it be super-hot than super-cold, so. . . yeah ^^;
Stephie Z.

minakoluvsyou

I was thinking of doing Lenalee. Can someone please explain the "gathering" concept to me please

Yuu

Quote from: yamaneko on June 29, 2008, 07:45:55 PM
I don't think it wilted. . . just another two petals fell off or something o.o apparently, the Lotus is keeping him alive, and as soon as all the petals fall, then he dies. . . ? o_O I dunno, something like that.

As for me, I'd rather it be super-hot than super-cold, so. . . yeah ^^;

Yea, rather that's what it's supposed to do. But after he fought skin all the petals fell off. Even Kanda seemed confused saying
"I'm still.." (didn't finish his sentence, but it's obvious what he was gonna say.)

Me too. It got to 105 one day last summer. My friend came over asking " OMG!! How can you run around nd like that! It's over 100 degrees!"

I told her " Don't be such a baby it's 85 at most"

Nope, 105, and I was perfectly happy.

I sound like an old man when I say so but I especially hate cold because my joints don't like it and just refuse to work, but if it's warm I can run circles around everyone XD

Hirotona

OTL ;;

D8 another thing I dislike about the heat is I sun burn easy/tan easy and I like to go on walks/jogs for exercise. It's alot easier for me to do such enjoyable when it's cooler. It's alot easier to wear more layers of clothers then not as well XD;; Pants > shorts, at least for me.

My brother, on the other hand, really loves the hot weather as well.

The funny thing is I'm actually better handling the heat then I think I am. My mom will come into my room sometimes and comment on how hot it is and I'll be like "eh" ?

The heat just tends to make me feel more emotionally upset then anything else, but I'll probably not even notice at AX since I'll be to busy enjoying myself to really care (plus it's not suppose to get higher then 80's apparently).

Yuu

Quote from: Hirotona on June 29, 2008, 08:42:12 PM
OTL ;;

D8 another thing I dislike about the heat is I sun burn easy/tan easy and I like to go on walks/jogs for exercise. It's alot easier for me to do such enjoyable when it's cooler. It's alot easier to wear more layers of clothers then not as well XD;; Pants > shorts, at least for me.

My brother, on the other hand, really loves the hot weather as well.

The funny thing is I'm actually better handling the heat then I think I am. My mom will come into my room sometimes and comment on how hot it is and I'll be like "eh" ?

The heat just tends to make me feel more emotionally upset then anything else, but I'll probably not even notice at AX since I'll be to busy enjoying myself to really care (plus it's not suppose to get higher then 80's apparently).

Even though I'm incredibly white, I don't burn at all. I am IMMUNE to the sun!

It's because this of this medicine that I take for something completely unrelated was originally used by the military to treat fall out sickness. So if there is ever a nuclear war I'll survive..to live alone with the cockroaches. Hooray.

I'm like that with the cold my friends tell me that I get insufferably bitchy in the winter.  Of coarse I do! It's COLD! >_<

Charis

I'm going to turn into such a puddle at AX.  T_T  Captain Mom two days, and the other two, the cosplay I'm going to be wearing has ... um ... four layers on top, plus the foundation garments, and one of those layers lined.  Two and a half on the bottom.  It's going to be interesting.

Upper eighties is too hot for me.  Of course, I've been suffering over my steam iron today, so I'm not even enjoying the relatively cool weather of today.

I almost wish I had finished Miranda for it.  She'd be cooler.  Maybe I will wear Okita one day after all ...
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD