D.Gray-man Gathering 2009~!!

Started by yamaneko, June 07, 2008, 11:12:44 AM

Yuu

Quote from: Charis on June 29, 2008, 08:58:17 PM
I'm going to turn into such a puddle at AX.  T_T  Captain Mom two days, and the other two, the cosplay I'm going to be wearing has ... um ... four layers on top, plus the foundation garments, and one of those layers lined.  Two and a half on the bottom.  It's going to be interesting.

Upper eighties is too hot for me.  Of course, I've been suffering over my steam iron today, so I'm not even enjoying the relatively cool weather of today.

I almost wish I had finished Miranda for it.  She'd be cooler.  Maybe I will wear Okita one day after all ...

Aww now I ma sad that  I'm not going. Then I could poke you with a stick (my boken)

yamaneko

Quote from: minakoluvsyou on June 29, 2008, 08:26:14 PM
I was thinking of doing Lenalee. Can someone please explain the "gathering" concept to me please

A gathering is basically where lots of people cosplaying from (typically) the same anime / title get together, take photos, and get to know each other ^^ It's kind of a way to sort out cosplayers, for the sake of the photographers that come every year, and also so we can locate people who love the same titles we do ^^ (because even if they're not in costume, people who love the title always end up showing up to take pictures and what-not)

Quote from: Yuu on June 29, 2008, 08:35:21 PM
Quote from: yamaneko on June 29, 2008, 07:45:55 PM
I don't think it wilted. . . just another two petals fell off or something o.o apparently, the Lotus is keeping him alive, and as soon as all the petals fall, then he dies. . . ? o_O I dunno, something like that.

As for me, I'd rather it be super-hot than super-cold, so. . . yeah ^^;

Yea, rather that's what it's supposed to do. But after he fought skin all the petals fell off. Even Kanda seemed confused saying
"I'm still.." (didn't finish his sentence, but it's obvious what he was gonna say.)

Kanda's so emo D: He lives for the one and sole purpose of finding "THAT" person Dx Just tell us who he is already!!! I'm dying to know!!!! AHHHHHHH *rips out hair* . . . DAMN I'VE RUINED MY HARUHI HAIR!! >_<

Ahhhhh everyone talking about AX makes me lonely ;_; But I still have Yuu, so blehhhhh xP
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

Hirotona

D8;; I really do wish I could get you to AX (understands how terrible it would be to miss ; a; )

Perhaps next year?

At least my Shinpachi cosplay is light and cool.

/feels very sad for Charis t__t

And you are so lucky Yuu! XD I think tanning is not appealing at all myself, thankfully so far I seem to not have tanned much at all.

yamaneko

YEAH! I MUST go next year!!! xDD I will start planning ahead now, lol xD;

I'm hoping my Kyuubei cosplay will come out pretty light and cool, but somehow. . . I doubt it xD;
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

XD next year I swear I need to find roommates.. like right now so I don't have to panic/ask for rooms off the AX forum.

And.. yeah XD;; somehow I don't see that working out so well. At least Fanime has been somewhat cool these past few years?

yamaneko

Dx In the anime, it only shows him wearing two layers, but I've learned that it always ends up coming out thicker TT_TT wahhhhhh

GAH! I can't find the right boots for Chapter 159 Allen!!! Dx I've got EVERYTHING except the shoes. . . why can't there be more shoe commissioners or something in the area??

EDIT: Hey, I actually found some decent ones on eBay o.o They're my size, too. . .
http://i30.tinypic.com/qposx4.jpg
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

Well I hope for your sake it works out. And well found on the boots! X3

yamaneko

LOL, now I gotta figure out what size I am in men's sizes xDD Cuz I gotta grab the rest of the stuff outta my dad's closet. I can wear my own black pants I guess, and my own collared-and-cuffed shirt, but I need to figure out which size for the vest. . . the tie's easy too. Just gotta get a new wig and find the vest. Yep, I may end up bringing Kiddy Kanda and Kiddy Lavi with me this year xDD;

EDIT: Again, asking for opinions. . . do you guys think this would work, or do you think the buttons / the shiny thinger are too off? >A< http://i25.tinypic.com/2chstg4.jpg
Stephie Z.

Charis

I don't remember what the actual buttons look like, but replacing buttons is pretty darned easy, right?  :3
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Yuu

Quote from: yamaneko on June 29, 2008, 09:20:50 PM
Quote from: minakoluvsyou on June 29, 2008, 08:26:14 PM
I was thinking of doing Lenalee. Can someone please explain the "gathering" concept to me please

A gathering is basically where lots of people cosplaying from (typically) the same anime / title get together, take photos, and get to know each other ^^ It's kind of a way to sort out cosplayers, for the sake of the photographers that come every year, and also so we can locate people who love the same titles we do ^^ (because even if they're not in costume, people who love the title always end up showing up to take pictures and what-not)

Quote from: Yuu on June 29, 2008, 08:35:21 PM
Quote from: yamaneko on June 29, 2008, 07:45:55 PM
I don't think it wilted. . . just another two petals fell off or something o.o apparently, the Lotus is keeping him alive, and as soon as all the petals fall, then he dies. . . ? o_O I dunno, something like that.

As for me, I'd rather it be super-hot than super-cold, so. . . yeah ^^;

Yea, rather that's what it's supposed to do. But after he fought skin all the petals fell off. Even Kanda seemed confused saying
"I'm still.." (didn't finish his sentence, but it's obvious what he was gonna say.)

Kanda's so emo D: He lives for the one and sole purpose of finding "THAT" person Dx Just tell us who he is already!!! I'm dying to know!!!! AHHHHHHH *rips out hair* . . . DAMN I'VE RUINED MY HARUHI HAIR!! >_<

Ahhhhh everyone talking about AX makes me lonely ;_; But I still have Yuu, so blehhhhh xP

I think it's a woman he's looking for. I don't recall exactly, but I think he did at one point say 'her' and I also read somewhere she's the one who cursed him. Probably just wants to get even, at least, I hope. I will have no gay Beauty and the beast shit in my anime! >_<

Thats right you still have me, and hey, whom else you possibly need around? I warn you I may not be all that entertaining. While I only have one class this quarter it requires A LOT of studying.

On the subject of weather; bout an hour I looked up at the clouds thinking " Looks like lightening.." Not ten minutes later there was this ginormous nuclear bomb like flash. And EPIC lightening. Not like that pussy thread-thin white lightening either, giant pink-purple bolts. That was the most awesome thing I'd ever seen. I wanted take the antenna off my friends car and go play outside but he wouldn't let me. Lame ass.

...and now it's raining. double lame. I'm going to bed. >_<

yamaneko

@ Charis: Hmmm I remember the buttons being somewhat bigger. . . but, yeah, buttons are easy to replace; FINDING the right buttons is the hard part Dx

@ Yuu: ^^;; I can't believe it's actually lightning up there. It rained for about 10 seconds here in San Jose about a week ago. I called my friend and was like, "Look outside!! It's RAINING!!!" But by the time he looked, it'd already stopped. ;_; "You liar." "I WASN'T LYINNNGGG!! IT WAS RAINING FOR LIKE 10 SECONDS!!" TT^TT
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

I remember that rain to.. it was sometime in the afternoon right? It didn't last very long that's for sure.

Charis

*angsts for rain*

*angsts for more time before AX*

*angsts for more time in general*

*... angsts through the last eight minutes of her workday*

Yeah, I'm shutting up now.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Yuu

Quote from: yamaneko on June 30, 2008, 12:41:06 PM
@ Charis: Hmmm I remember the buttons being somewhat bigger. . . but, yeah, buttons are easy to replace; FINDING the right buttons is the hard part Dx

@ Yuu: ^^;; I can't believe it's actually lightning up there. It rained for about 10 seconds here in San Jose about a week ago. I called my friend and was like, "Look outside!! It's RAINING!!!" But by the time he looked, it'd already stopped. ;_; "You liar." "I WASN'T LYINNNGGG!! IT WAS RAINING FOR LIKE 10 SECONDS!!" TT^TT

Yea, it doesn't happen very often here. Of coarse when it does everybody panics and runs inside.  You know the second you step outside it will hit you -_-
Or they drive like complete morons. Which was the case last night. Made things extra interesting because my friend has terrible road rage.

LOL ninja-rain. I wish we had ninja rain, but we don't once it starts it never ends.

yamaneko

I remember that one ninja-rain because we'd just hung up the laundry and my track shoes to dry. . . and it started raining and we're like, "OH SHI-!!!" before we all ran outside to grab all the laundry and my shoes before they got wet again xD;
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

I'm switching over to Cross over Komui now :3

/kind of unnessecary post more for the sake of the other people partaking in the gathering since thread creator already knows XD

Yuu

Quote from: Hirotona on June 30, 2008, 07:40:44 PM
I'm switching over to Cross over Komui now :3

/kind of unnessecary post more for the sake of the other people partaking in the gathering since thread creator already knows XD

Aaak! Cross is a bad, bad man! But then..Komui is just sick in th head.

So..I guess it's just two different sides of the same coin. Carry on then. -_-

Quote from: yamaneko on June 30, 2008, 06:06:04 PM
I remember that one ninja-rain because we'd just hung up the laundry and my track shoes to dry. . . and it started raining and we're like, "OH SHI-!!!" before we all ran outside to grab all the laundry and my shoes before they got wet again xD;

Well I guess that is one good thing about the constant rain here; we just don't leave crap outside to begin with. So that's never a problem.

Hirotona

XD;; but it gives me more a reason to hang out with our favorite Allen cosplayer.

And well.. anything is better then my considered cosplay of the very creepy Glo Xenia from Reborn as far as messed up characters go >>;;

yamaneko

Komui's actually been kinda cool in the recent chapters (although I, personally, can NOT understand why he created Komuvitan D. . .) o.o

And updated xD
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

That whole mini arc confused the heck out of me xD;; I had to read it a few times to understand fully what happened.