D.Gray-man Gathering 2009~!!

Started by yamaneko, June 07, 2008, 11:12:44 AM

Yuu

Huh, I missed more chapters than I thought.

What did Allen do this time?   I like the older uniforms better these are too...common.

Hirotona

And the Chikusa one look either too green or too dull in color >>;; I somehow doubt I'll have that one in time.

And are you talking about the enterance from the con center to the hotel and back? And I agree x3;;

Yuu: Errr just a random outfit switch really? ^^;; Hoshino must have got tired of drawing the same outfits again and again perhaps?

yamaneko

It's like. . . okay, so if you're looking at the main convention center entrance from the fountains, look over to the left corner (since the entrance itself kinda sticks out of the wall. . .) There's a set of stairs and a little "forest-y" area with a random table in it (Gina knows where; she was with Spooky there for a photoshoot). It's also where all those pictures of me from Spooky and the ones on ACP were taken @___@

If you look directly to the left, there are the doors to the Marriott (I think) TT____TT (methinks we need to re-scope out the place again; I have horrible memory)

As said in the Gintama gathering thread, we could always make signs / a banner / posters that people can see from the fountains to make sure people can find our gathering x3;;
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

Hirotona

Ohhhh yeah I think I know where you speak of x3;;

And yes we should! And perhaps do a bit of an extended scoop of the area to..... SJSU might have some good locations to? I'm not sure, I've never really checked out the campus.

Aurxlen

Quote from: Hirotona on July 23, 2008, 01:47:20 PM
Ohhhh yeah I think I know where you speak of x3;;

And yes we should! And perhaps do a bit of an extended scoop of the area to..... SJSU might have some good locations to? I'm not sure, I've never really checked out the campus.

I don't think there are any really good locations for a DGM shoot on the campus of SJSU.  There may be a few small areas that could be used, but overall there really isn't much there that isn't obstructed to buildings.

This may be a little far fetched and a little out of the way for most of the people attending, but the Happy Hollow Park and Zoo has a Japanese Friendship Garden. However, it's a ways away from the convention center.

I'll be going back up there sometime next month before school starts, I can scout the area some if you want me to. Take some pictures and post them up here?

yamaneko

OMG HAPPY HOLLOW~!!! xDD *always used to go there as a kid*
It'd be a great help, Aurxlen, if you could do that! ^^
We could gather a group of people interested and just go there together? Whoever wants to go / is interested in going.
V.V Yes, it's the sad thing about San Jose. . . there's buildings EVERYWHERE!! DD< But, then again, I guess that's the same for nearly every other modern city. . .
But, yes, the place next to Happy Hollow with the koi pond!! We have to photoshoot there sometime!!! O___O Even if it isn't with the whole gathering! xD; *will have her camera by next Fanime, hopefully*

As for SJSU. . . well, it'd be nice if there, again, weren't so many buildings around that would appear in the background TT____TT there'd need to be some kind of isolated little place with no buildings around xD; Which would look. . . pretty out of place on a school campus ^^;;

Also, for the actual gathering AT Fanime, we could always attempt to green-screen in the background TT_TT (only problem with that is that I. . . suck. . . really bad. . . at green-screening. . .) Also, all the other people who come for pictures and aren't green-screening would get a random green background xD;

On a side note, if anyone's in the area before or after Fanime and has some free time, I might try to get a photoshoot room at De Anza College; it'd be nice to have a cast to shoot there, too.
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

I'd be up for the photoshoot room at De Anza XD;; Whatever that would happen to be...

yamaneko

Lol, I need to talk my friend into talking someone with keys into letting us use it xDD;
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

Well I'm curious to see what it's like in anycase.

Good luck with that! X3

Yuu

Quote from: yamaneko on July 24, 2008, 11:29:34 AM
OMG HAPPY HOLLOW~!!! xDD *always used to go there as a kid*
It'd be a great help, Aurxlen, if you could do that! ^^
We could gather a group of people interested and just go there together? Whoever wants to go / is interested in going.
V.V Yes, it's the sad thing about San Jose. . . there's buildings EVERYWHERE!! DD< But, then again, I guess that's the same for nearly every other modern city. . .
But, yes, the place next to Happy Hollow with the koi pond!! We have to photoshoot there sometime!!! O___O Even if it isn't with the whole gathering! xD; *will have her camera by next Fanime, hopefully*

As for SJSU. . . well, it'd be nice if there, again, weren't so many buildings around that would appear in the background TT____TT there'd need to be some kind of isolated little place with no buildings around xD; Which would look. . . pretty out of place on a school campus ^^;;

Also, for the actual gathering AT Fanime, we could always attempt to green-screen in the background TT_TT (only problem with that is that I. . . suck. . . really bad. . . at green-screening. . .) Also, all the other people who come for pictures and aren't green-screening would get a random green background xD;

On a side note, if anyone's in the area before or after Fanime and has some free time, I might try to get a photoshoot room at De Anza College; it'd be nice to have a cast to shoot there, too.

Huh, I've missed out these past few days.

Damned midterms! My instructor is the devil..

Anyway, I don't much care for that idea, namely, because I can't attend. XD

I've got a better idea. Everyone come up to my apartment. It's modeled after a Japanese style village so it would be great for a photo shoot. Besides, I would be there so it's far better than anything in..well..anywhere.

Charis

Quote from: Yuu on July 24, 2008, 02:42:30 PMI've got a better idea. Everyone come up to my apartment. It's modeled after a Japanese style village so it would be great for a photo shoot. Besides, I would be there so it's far better than anything in..well..anywhere.

Get me a teleporter and I will. :P

(On both counts.  I live four and a half hours from San Jose, and far more from Seattle.  Y'all need to come down here -- we've got some awesome scenery.  SO THERE.)

Gah, I have to work on stuff for Kumoricon.  *flails*  Where did my motivation go~~~~?
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

yamaneko

I'd go up to Seattle if I could >.< It's prolly cooler up there than down here. . . D:
But I wouldn't want to bother you while you're studying for a test ^^;;
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

I'll be up in Seattle for Sakura-con.... but I'm not sure if I'll be cosplaying Cross for it yet.  And I still need to find people to room with, it probably be my friend Rachel if she's on spring break during that time (since she's going to school in socal otherwise).

Good luck on midterms btw ^^

Aurxlen

Alright, I should be going back up there around the 17th of August, so expect pictures the following weekend?  I'll try my best.  I'll also drag one of my roommates to the Friendship Garden and take pictures there too so more people can decide whether or not they want to walk over there.  The bus is an option, but I don't know the routes and times and all that jazz, plus, it costs money.

Anyway, I'll get those pictures as soon as possible when I'm back up there. *is at home 6 hours southeast* lol

Hirotona

Well I'm sure if it's too inconvient for you me and Yame could go and take some pics to C: Since both of us live alot closer by xD;;

yamaneko

Lol, yeah xD; Fanime is pretty much our home convention; just tell us if it's too out of the way for you xD; We're going to scope out a few spots on Saturday, anyways.

Yes, the bus would probably be the first thought for transportation. . . if not, we could always carpool (if we don't double up too much on the cast / have too many people) I think it's a little far to walk, though? ^^;; I dunno; I've never tried.
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

I've never been to Happy Hollow but I imagine walking from the con center to it would take quite awhile. And even transporting back and forth will be time consuming to some degree... not sure if I'll have so much time to spare ^^;; I assume this photo shoot area is free then btw?

And hehe Saturday is on then? Awesome C: Though one of my uncle's is coming down on that day to..... I'm not sure what time but he's going to help me get a job at Whole Foods :3 Which is quite needed so I can actually afford these many planned cosplays/and con visitations.

yamaneko

Free to go in, and you can pay for fish food >D

And, unfortunately, Saturday isn't on. V.V I totally blanked and forgot about my friend's birthday party D: Is Sunday okay? >.<
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

X3 haha awesome then : 3

That wouldn't be the friend you got the gift card for would it? Do have fun C:

And yeah that should work well enough, just try and get there around 12/before then preferably ^^; The earlier the better I'd say.

So want to meet up at the con center then? I'll probably be waiting on the benches inside towards the enterance to the Marriot if you want to start there.

yamaneko

Yeah that's probably best ^^;; I'll see if I can get my dad to drive us around; will bring my camera to take pics.

And, yeah, it's the friend I got the gift card for xD;
Stephie Z.