D.Gray-man Gathering 2009~!!

Started by yamaneko, June 07, 2008, 11:12:44 AM

ToshiX

@_@ the latest chapter was leading on too much >< they need to have more come out weekly
and I'm totally getting the games XP
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

yamaneko

AHHHHH thread is dying~!! @___@

Forgive my deadness everyone, but the storm of school opening ceremonies has passed, and we are back on track!

So. . . just to bring up a discussion, what do you guys think of making a sign for the gathering? =w= and input on the location mentioned earlier is welcome as well!

. . .

(*secretbump*)
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

Hirotona

/hugs his good pal Yame >___<

/vanishes like mysterious phantom thief G ; 3

Kisamitsu

Heyas~ I may be going as Allen Walker, C.C. version aaaand the 3rd uniform version. Depends on airfare however :-\ And when my graduation practice starts. *Can't miss it sadly*
Kawaii Kon & Fanime:
-Allen Walker (C.C. & 3rd uni, D.Gray Man)
-Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid)
-Ritsuka (School & Art Book, Loveless)

ToshiX

I am getting started on my cloak when my friends friend gimme pattern ^ ^I'm dismantling my crown clown XP
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

questionette

You can put me down for Lenalee.  This year I'm buying my costume so it doesn't suck and I'm going to the gathering 100%~!

ToshiX

so ya learning musician and
finally found the vocal version of it ><
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Yuu

This is only ..sort of  related, but as dead as this thread is, who is going to care?

I started a Japanese class this quater. I'm doing my damndest to hide my affiliation  to the anime-world.

We had to go in front of class and put together words using the hiragana we had learned. Since I'm a covert ninja, I just went with something simple 'ame'.

Sensei responded 'hai, rain..and soem of you may like it but.."

I despise rain so I replied 'Daikiraida" which I specifically learned form Kanda telling Skin he hated candy.

and she replied.." Oh good. It bad for your teeth"

I just stared blankly until she explained " ah! You dunno? 'Ame' is also 'candy' you just said " I hate candy' 

XD  Oh coinicedence.

I'll go on my more relavent  'doushite Linalee diakiraida' rant later.
Now I have to go to class.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

namineartbook

T.T I want to cosplay 3rd uniform Lenalee, but with all my school shit, I'm not sure if that's happening.

EmeraldJade

Quote from: namineartbook on October 04, 2008, 01:10:06 PM
T.T I want to cosplay 3rd uniform Lenalee, but with all my school shit, I'm not sure if that's happening.

yeah same here, i also might cosplay as lenalee wearing her third uniform.......but i don't know if have time to make it since my senior year is coming to end and i have send all my crappy applications to colleges.
hope the rain falls....

yamaneko

Hello, everyone, sorry for my overall TOTAL DEADNESS for the last many weeks. . .

Anyways, please tell me which character you are planning to cosplay and/or show up at the gathering in, so I can put you down on the list without being totally confused out of my mind @_@ From now on, I will attempt to run this thread and the Gintama one full-time while doing my homework (<--- not a good thing)

Also, JJ-tan, maybe we could meet and work on a giant gathering sign when Fanime gets closer? Just in case, you know, so people can see it from the fountains because, as mentioned, the area directly around the fountains is very crowded and, in my opinion, a definite do-not-want for photo-taking purposes. . . we will be using the little forest-y area beside the con center entrance (hopefully).
Stephie Z.

Charis

I am a definite maybe at this point -- my attendance at this gathering is contingent on so many other factors I can't even guess if I'll able to make it.  If I do show up, it will be as pre-exorcist Miranda.
On the other hand, that cosplay is completely done, so that's something. :3
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Hirotona

JJ-tan.. that's cute XD;;

I've been kind of dead to this thread but I still want to do Cross (and Shinpachi) even though my budget for cosplays so far is alot less then I expected, sadly that means some cosplays will have to go but I really don't want to cut these ones since I know you/are friends with and all x]

And yeah we defientely should! C: I hope we can meet up soon to > . < (though at least for the upcoming weekend I'm not avalible). Gotta play giant chess sometime, and the weather should be getting nicer now that it's fall.

Focus on doing well more so though in school then thread management (you need that camera C: ). And you can always try and ask me for help/proofreading to if need be.

Yuu

I don't want to go as Kanda anymore.

He is still my favorite character and don't think for a second that I wouldn't be the best damned Kanda there-BUT my jackass friend  ( ya know, the jackass who just bougth me a new computer for no reason) has taken FAR too long and nearly half the people in the Sakura con group are going as him in his second outfit, which means there will be even more by Fanime.
*RAGE x infinity +1*

Maybe I'll fix my bloody-street Kanda costume.  I'm sure that the other Kanda's will get ALL the pictures. But whatever I'd own them without a costume. >)

*rant time*

I keep getting in trouble cuz my teacher thinks I'm rude. It's her faullt.

I'm used to ending sentences with 'da' ( rather than 'desu') and she always tells me " only boys say 'da' ( which is bullshit)
So it throws me off and  I forget to use 'desu' and end my sentenes with the subject apparently that's worse than 'da'.

She also heard me muttering " Tsuki janai" ( I don't wanna")

Even more, she says my accent make me sound bored. Which is also rude, apparently.
Every-fucking thing is rude!
Also, I hate being in front of class so I forget what I'm supposed to say and look dumber than fucking Lavi.  So she never calsl on me. Ever.

Either it's becuase she knows I'll fuck up, or she knows that I already know it and just get nervous.

Hirotona

It's sad that people would rather take pictures of characters they like, regardless if they are cosplaying terribly or not. Glad to see some people cosplay for quaulity and love of character rather then attention whoring which is oh so common at most every con.

Yuu

Quote from: Hirotona on October 15, 2008, 02:16:20 PM
It's sad that people would rather take pictures of characters they like, regardless if they are cosplaying terribly or not. Glad to see some people cosplay for quaulity and love of character rather then attention whoring which is oh so common at most every con.

It is sad. My former roomate really likes Crowley. She wanted to cosplay as him. Yea, she is tiny and cute and he is..not. But she is very good at looking like whoever she goes as. I was very sad when she went for Rhoad instead. She doesn't even like Rhoad. Also, there are a many Rhoads  and ...NO Crowleys.

I would never ever go as a character I don't like.

My motivation for cosplay is about 80% personal preferance, 20% can I pull off? '

and a few bonus pts for friends screaming 'OMG DO IT!" ( like my 'Skin Bolic energy drink that will F-ing kill you" prop idea.)

My biggest problem at conventions, is not so much popular costumes, rather shitty costumes with shitty but giant props.
Just because they're big it's OMG that's the coolest thing EVAR. I know it's trite but, sorry, size doesn't count.

Hirotona

Damn that would have been cool to, I'd really like to see a Crowley.

And in my case the can pull it off/and want to cosplay the person goes hand in hand.

Alright so what is with so many of my friends always feeling they need to be in a relationship? --;; And with guys that in the end they'll get super pissed off at, and then they'll do the cycle yet again even after swearing off dating.

ToshiX

there was a krowley at 07 fanime ^ ^
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Charis

We had one at Sakuracon '07 too.  I haven't seen one since, though -- Crowley cosplayers seem few and far between.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

yamaneko

Quote from: Hirotona on October 16, 2008, 05:18:16 PM

Alright so what is with so many of my friends always feeling they need to be in a relationship? --;; And with guys that in the end they'll get super pissed off at, and then they'll do the cycle yet again even after swearing off dating.

It's so true, it's sad. . . D:

I believe we have a Krowley signed up this year for Fanime? ^^;;
Stephie Z.