D.Gray-man Gathering 2009~!!

Started by yamaneko, June 07, 2008, 11:12:44 AM

Hirotona

Didn't see it though, and I gotta admit I was pretty down on cosplay back then (cause I felt people should go to the con for more then mostly people cosplaying characters poorly, XD I kind of still feel that way but now I realize how much fun cosplaying is).

Yame: Well you're probably smart enough to realize how silly it is. And plus you're in high school.

Would the weekend after next work for another meet up btw?

Yuu

Quote from: Hirotona on October 16, 2008, 05:18:16 PM
Damn that would have been cool to, I'd really like to see a Crowley.

And in my case the can pull it off/and want to cosplay the person goes hand in hand.

Alright so what is with so many of my friends always feeling they need to be in a relationship? --;; And with guys that in the end they'll get super pissed off at, and then they'll do the cycle yet again even after swearing off dating.

I lied about the portion of  'can I pull it off"  I'm actually very self conscious ( I look REALLY old and I fucking HATE it)  I wasn't going to as young Byakuya until my friend said " OMG DO IT" and then " after all you can't look worse than THESE" and showed me just really, REALLY 'do not want' cosplayers.
Since then, I've been a bit more lenient because I know 'there is ALWAYS someone worse"
Secondly, I do look okay in RL i just seem to be cursed in the 'photogenic' area.

As for the relationship crap; don't ask me. I have never ever been in a serious relationship ( is 24) and I still have nodesire to. Just never been one of my priorities.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

yamaneko

JJ-tan : By "weekend after next", do you mean the 25th-26th or the weekend after Halloween? @_@ *confused* AHHHHH homecoming's finally OVER! But now we're starting FLCL for voice-acting club. x[ And I have to be pretend-Naota gahhhhhhhhh (pretend because I won't actually be voicing him for the real thing; I was standing in for the guy who was actually cast as Naota, who is, unfortunately, usually not present as rehearsals. . . plus, I apparently "need the extra practice" geeeee thaaaaanks Alan. . . *rant rant*) "AHHH! IT'S YOU!! THE VESPA WOMAN!!!"

And, OH! 321 posts! PWNED.
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

ToshiX

I still need to start on my outfit XD just had mid-terms
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Hirotona

Yame: Weekend of the 25th-26th, sorry I wasn't clear xD;; Maybe I can assist with the pratice? C:

Yuu: That's alright, just more a random rant/pondering then anything.

yamaneko

Lol, sure! xD Our coach is kinda scary when he's mad, though o..o "YOU MUST. EMPHASIZE. AND EXAGGERATE. EVERY. SINGLE. EMOTION. AND LINE!!" *nods* My throat started to hurt cuz I was fake-crying "wrong", apparently, and he kept making me do retakes =_=
Stephie Z.

Eboni ninja

Cosplays for Fanime 2011:

Hirotona

Haha d'aww well I shall be patient of course x3

So that weekend sounds like a possibility?

Pretty cool your school has a voice acting club.

Yuu

Quote from: yamaneko on October 21, 2008, 06:22:56 PM
Lol, sure! xD Our coach is kinda scary when he's mad, though o..o "YOU MUST. EMPHASIZE. AND EXAGGERATE. EVERY. SINGLE. EMOTION. AND LINE!!" *nods* My throat started to hurt cuz I was fake-crying "wrong", apparently, and he kept making me do retakes =_=

Oh dear god that would drive me insane. It should depends on the character, shouldn't it?

I have the same problem with my Japense teacher. She says everything like this: ( ex from actual excerize)
" Alicesan WA Tanakasan TO senkOU WA KE-Izaigaku"

Not only is it annoying as all hell, but since the students  copy her pronounciation, none of them can understand me when I speack, nor I them.

I tried out for Codey Hakins form PW.
I'm REALLY irriateted with the person running it.
That forum is very...clique-y.

It was MONTHS ago and when I tried out and whenever I ask if I got the part he completley ignores me.
I'm 99.9% sure that he is waiting for his friend who was supposed to do it to return.
I'd have a LOT more respect for him if he would just grow a pair and TELL me
" Go away I only want my friends in this dub"

* sigh* How is it I always end up ranting about something even when I had no intention of doing so? >_<

Naya_B

I'll be coming as Allen Walker in the 3rd uniform in Crown Clown verison >:D with Aya_love

yamaneko

Quote from: Eboni ninja on October 21, 2008, 09:13:09 PM
I'm going as Lavi (1st unform).

Quote from: Naya_B on October 24, 2008, 05:44:35 PM
I'll be coming as Allen Walker in the 3rd uniform in Crown Clown verison >:D with Aya_love

Updated. ^^

Quote from: Yuu on October 22, 2008, 11:19:56 AM
* sigh* How is it I always end up ranting about something even when I had no intention of doing so? >_<

^^;;
Stephie Z.

Rette

I was thinking of doing Kanda this year, but it's still in the research phase (materials, costs, blah blah blah).
For the life of me I can't figure out whether the 1st uniform has shoulder armor or is just suspiciously stiff (based on observations of the anime).
Any ideas?

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

ToshiX

lol Aoi
I keep looking on front page hoping the time change XD but its still at 10 A.M.
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Hirotona

I like 10AM, gives me time to work in afternoon and later afternoon cosplay if need be without wildly rushing around.

ToshiX

Thats why I am really contemplating on going or not going to the gathering XD
cause sat. usually stay up too late lol
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Charis

The morning time doesn't bother me -- I'm lucky to sleep in past eight even when I've been up crazy-late, just because my blasted internal clock screams, "YOU'RE LATE FOR WORK GET UP GET UP GET UP!!!"  Also, Miranda's a ridiculously lazy and easy cosplay for me.  OTOH, I'm still not sure how time is shaping up for me with cosplay distribution, so don't know yet.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

MikoChika

There had been some amazeing D-gray-man cosplay at Fanime '08.
I'm really looking forward to see all your wonderful cosplay at '09!!!
Wish all you guys luck, and hopefully all fo you can make it.  :)
Please, don't feed the moogle.

Yuu

Quote from: ToshiX on November 13, 2008, 09:17:52 PM
Thats why I am really contemplating on going or not going to the gathering XD
cause sat. usually stay up too late lol

See this is why I just don't sleep at all at cons.
You know what the say' you can sleep all you want when your dead
...Oh..damn.

Still, I agree that 10 am is too early.

Charis

Some of us have to sleep.  Blame it on my advanced age.  ;P

(That, or the fact that I have to drive five hours to get home after con and go to work the next day.  That definitely puts a damper on things.)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Hirotona

Getting up past 9AM at a con seems a bit... odd to me at least.

I don't want to cram a possible three cosplays a day in increments of less then at least two hours between needing to switch.