D.Gray-man Gathering 2009~!!

Started by yamaneko, June 07, 2008, 11:12:44 AM

Mirai Noah

I agree with Hirotona. I don't really sleep in at cons because I'm too excited. :)

This Fanime I'm going to spend a lot of time switching costumes...  :-\

Yuu

Quote from: Hirotona on November 14, 2008, 03:15:09 PM
Getting up past 9AM at a con seems a bit... odd to me at least.

I don't want to cram a possible three cosplays a day in increments of less then at least two hours between needing to switch.

Yea if I sleep at all at cons, I'm awake up by 8am at latest.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

Rette

Sleep isn't required if you can perfect the method of the 4 day sugar/adrenaline high.
Tuesday must be set aside for the ensuing crash.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

Yuu

My friend just read that even the Manga is being put on hold.

Apparnetly due to health problems.

It doesn't require a lot of physical strength to create a manga, buuut  according to my friend you don't talk about health issues in Japan ( wish I lived there >_<)  so it COULD  be serious. It could also..not be.

Rette

Quote from: Yuu on November 16, 2008, 10:57:31 PM

My friend just read that even the Manga is being put on hold.

Apparnetly due to health problems.

It doesn't require a lot of physical strength to create a manga, buuut  according to my friend you don't talk about health issues in Japan ( wish I lived there >_<)  so it COULD  be serious. It could also..not be.

Oh no! I hope it's not serious... I just caught up! ;_;
Wouldn't want something happening like with Wheel of Time... Robert Jordan died before finishing the last books.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Hirotona

It's been bi-weekly/semi onhold for awhile now though hasn't it?

Yuu

Quote from: Hirotona on November 17, 2008, 07:07:45 AM
It's been bi-weekly/semi onhold for awhile now though hasn't it?

I wouldn't know. I have no internets.

Since the forum is dead, it couldn't hurt to share;
A lot of D Gray is based on religion, history ect. It's common knowladge.

But it goes beyond Christianity and old Counts.
I'm writing a paper on the history and sybolism of the Lotus for a class
It seems Hoshino has even done her homework here too.

In all of these religions it's the symbol of immotality through rebirth because it never truly dies. They can lie dormat under forzen ground for ceturies ( how else would they be planted underwater?)

A major part of study on the Lotus, are attempts to kill them. 
Scientisst have even exposed them to radiation for days at a time and they survived.
In the end it will be Cockraoches and Lotus.
It's fitting, since Lotus are sacred for their ability to bloom in the darkest, nastiest, reaches of hell. ( It is Asia/mideast's version of 'pandoras box")
They're are even attempts to apply Lotus DNA to corn and rice to make the world's food supply less 'killable'.

Apparently, some even bloom at night and close during the day, an act that defies the ideas of time and physics of nature.

Random note: It is also the symbol Egyptions used for '1,000 because they supposedly have 1,000 petals.
(  Kanda: Che, I could be so lucky!...
Maybe Tim ate them?)

I'd go on, but I doubt anyone even cares.

Disclaimer: I'm not just 'obssesive fangirling' In fact, I saw Kanda's Lotus and thought it was neat before I even decided that Kanda is equally as awesome. XP

So it just just awesome x <^^**^^> ( I'm so clever)

Rette

Quote from: Yuu on November 21, 2008, 12:04:23 PM
I'd go on, but I doubt anyone even cares.

Actually that was all quite interesting. I didn't know that's what that symbol stood for.
Huzzah for enlightenment.

mochisnack

Fanime 2013 Lineup *TENTATIVE*
Friday: Irabu Ichirou, Hakaba Kitaro
Saturday: XIAH Junsu "Tarantallegra",Hagane Miku
Sunday: Ciel Phantomhive, Yuzuriha Inori
Monday: Tachibana Mei

yamaneko

ACK! @___@ Again, forgive deadness, but I am rather glad to see that our thread hasn't died TOO badly ^^;; Will be updating the attendees list shortly; thank you for your patience.
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

Hirotona

yamaneko

Okay, so, down to business once again. . .

Some of you may or may not know, depending on whether you've seen B's list of gatherings SO FAR, but there is someone else running the gathering over on cosplay.com. Luckily, I'm acquainted with her, so it won't be nearly as strange. However, what we're currently trying to figure out is this: Is 10 AM maybe too early? Right now, we're thinking of changing it to 1 PM, but I wanna know what you guys think.
Stephie Z.

Charis

I like early, but that's in part because later in the day almost certainly has scheduling conflicts for me.  :3
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

ToshiX

"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Hirotona

10AM is good for me C:

/hugs and wishes Yame well with finals

Mirai Noah

10am works for me too. I'd prefer it early, since it seems that the Bleach gathering is going to be on Sunday too.

Yuu

Oh speacking of finals, I just got done with mine. It seems that Sensei no longer cares if I'm 'rude'.

I even yelled at one of the students AND ended it with 'da' she actually thought it was funny. Guess she isn't such a prude after all.

Watashitachi  drinking ikimasu! ^^

yamaneko

Lol, have fun, Yuu! ^^

Well, the other organizer, Ashley, and I decided that maybe we could move the time, since 10 AM seems a little early. What if we only moved it a little bit, like to 11 or noon? I'm just trying to see how many people are AGAINST changing the time.
Stephie Z.

Charis

For me, it depends on when Bleach is, unfortunately.  And so much is still up in the air due to Masquerade scheduling.  *sigh*
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Hirotona

Nah keep it when it is, you never know what kind of cosplay meet by be at twelve to take away people from this one.