"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Hirotona

Mirai Noah

I'm with Charis on this one, since I'd like to attend both this gathering and the Bleach one.

ToshiX

WOW this should be fun
I have like 4  gathering to cram into sun now and the masq. is on that day too XD
DGM, KH, Bleach, SJ, this is too much @_@
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Hirotona

Excately, which is why this gathering needs to be at 10 : /

I think we should keep the original time since Yame is in charge as far as I'm concerned and she wanted 10:00AM.

yamaneko

Yes, 10 AM is preferred by me, personally, because I know there are many gatherings scheduled on Sunday, and, if our gathering is any later, it would:

1) put people on the spot to decide which gathering they want to attend and, possibly
2) draw people away from our gathering

I personally organize this gathering because it's a great way to meet people who share the same love of the series as you do. But, if people who actually like the series don't come to the gathering, then that ruins the point. At least, that's what I think. This is all just coming from my perspective, guys.
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

Hirotona

Well you're right on all counts so xD;; Nothing to worry about really ^^ You were the only one gathering people in the first place for most of the time till recently anyway, so I think what you say should go (besides the fact it makes the most sense).

The chances of me attending it (in Cross cosplay) will be very slim if the time changes. I see on the forums she confirmed the late time, I'd suggest going on ahead as we originally planned anyway.

Charis

Makes perfect sense to me, Yamaneko.  And scheduling is always a headache, goodness knows.  I'd dearly love to be able to make the D.Gray meet this coming year since I missed last year's, and there are always fun people there.  If I can't make it in D.Gray cosplay, I'll still try my damndest to stop by all the same.  But after about 10:30, 11:00, I'm not sure how viable that'll be for me as Miranda -- unfortunately, she's closer to the bottom of my cosplay list for Fanime. :(

There's a lot timewise that seems to be hinging on what day the Masquerade is.  With Fanime five months off, maybe it's better to pencil in a tentative time with some degree of alternate and leave it at that until the Masq day comes down?  I'm sure there'll be some mad scrambling rescheduling at that point anyway.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

yamaneko

A possible solution would be to have "two" D.Gray-man gatherings; one at 10 AM, and another 1 PM, one of which will probably have to be unofficial. . . However, this expands the choices for people who want to come, but can't due to scheduling. Of course, just having two times won't solve anything, and people become confused as to which is the "real" DGM gathering. . . both will be real, of course, just that one will be unofficial. As such, the two gatherings would go separate ways.
Stephie Z.

ToshiX

"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Hirotona

Yes, I like that idea. Official one as planned is at 10 and there can be another one at 1 if people still want to show up.

I honestly don't see why we are even accomadating this other person, you've been in charge for five months now. She can throw her own mini gathering if she wants, but the official stays at 10 and has you in charge : /

Charis

So~~~ Yama, any further thoughts on time?  (I'm going to pose the question over on c.com, but as Hirotona says, you started this -- and to me, it seems like general opinion here is that an earlier gathering works better for folks.)
(And it was lovely to meet you, however briefly, over the weekend at the Christmas in the Park gathering!)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

yamaneko

I still believe the official gathering should be at 10 AM. If possible, I'd reeeaaallly like to have them both be official, to satisfy both parties, but I don't think B-san would allow that >_< It does hold true that the majority is for 10 AM.

It was great to meet you, too! ^^ And I realized when I got home that the reason I needed so many wig-fixes was because my pins had fallen out somewhere o_o Who knows lol they're lost now
Stephie Z.

iKuraudo

I'm also going to be cosplaying as Allen Walker from D. Gray Man.
My version has yet to be decided, since I am really behind in the anime.
However, that'll be fixed in a couple weeks.

Yuu

Quote from: yamaneko on December 23, 2008, 12:26:44 PM
I still believe the official gathering should be at 10 AM. If possible, I'd reeeaaallly like to have them both be official, to satisfy both parties, but I don't think B-san would allow that >_< It does hold true that the majority is for 10 AM.

It was great to meet you, too! ^^ And I realized when I got home that the reason I needed so many wig-fixes was because my pins had fallen out somewhere o_o Who knows lol they're lost now

Bah, whats 'official' its just a word. We all know about it, right?

Ten am should be fine for me.  Provided I dont forget. If I have more than two things planned, I am likely to forget something.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

Charis

Quote from: Yuu on December 30, 2008, 10:24:36 AM
Ten am should be fine for me.  Provided I dont forget. If I have more than two things planned, I am likely to forget something.

If I'm not dead from the night before, I can call and kick you.  ;P  Miranda is pretty quick for me to get into, after all, so I could even bang down your door.  Fufufufufu.
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

ToshiX

Seemingly 10 is the only option for me too that is if I wake up XP and since like 4 more gatherings on that day for me -_-
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

yamaneko

@ iKuraudo : Just get back to me in this thread when you've decided x] I'll just put you up as Allen for now, 'kay?

@ Toshi : O_O Wowwww, man, just. . . woooow. Good luck; hope you run fast xD; jkjk

Yeah, that's the only problem I see with 10 AM D: It's a bit on the early side. . . But that's only one reason against many!! Dx
Stephie Z.

Neko Eclair

I'm REALLY sorry, but I have to back out.
WITH MY DYING WILL!!!

Yuu

Quote from: Charis on December 30, 2008, 10:46:01 AM
Quote from: Yuu on December 30, 2008, 10:24:36 AM

If I'm not dead from the night before, I can call and kick you.  ;P  Miranda is pretty quick for me to get into, after all, so I could even bang down your door.  Fufufufufu.

Oh, that should work.

Mind you there is NO sleeping through my Renji alarm clock ..but thats provided I set it. >>
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"