Things that you wish you didn't buy...Fanime '08

Started by shinjiboy, June 09, 2008, 06:36:25 PM

Dominium

I paid $15 for a single FFT figurine.
I would have rather paid that kinda money for a box that I [knew] what was in it. :/
I didn't get the one I wanted, heh.

We also spent money on food.
But then again, all we had was CANDY.
And I was never in the mood.
Next year, I bring actual stuff to eat instead of starving myself.
abnormally attracted to sin.

Gatsby

SangSeiku

Quote from: shinjiboy on June 09, 2008, 06:36:25 PM
I bought some goggles for $30.  Now that I think about it, I really shouldn't have gotten it.  But at the time, I wanted to get something more for my Ikki Cosplay because it was rather casual and obscure.  But it totally wasn't worth it.  The lens give me a head ache and I look awfully bad when wearing them.

Do you think I can sell it back to anyone @ Swap meet next year?

I've actually been looking for a pair of goggles, so I'll probably actually have cash by the time  Fanime swings round.  Instead of staring at the internet page with their high priced high quality merchandise I can't afford because I have no job.  -_-'
If I have cash by then I 'd be happy to take the goggles off your hands. :)

shinjiboy

Quote from: SangSeiku on September 29, 2008, 09:56:14 PM
Quote from: shinjiboy on June 09, 2008, 06:36:25 PM
I bought some goggles for $30.  Now that I think about it, I really shouldn't have gotten it.  But at the time, I wanted to get something more for my Ikki Cosplay because it was rather casual and obscure.  But it totally wasn't worth it.  The lens give me a head ache and I look awfully bad when wearing them.

Do you think I can sell it back to anyone @ Swap meet next year?

I'll be seeing many of you at the swap meet :)

FanFicGuru

Cool goggles.

Um, I bought a FF8 Guardian Force figure that broke as soon as I brought it home for $20.

Also, I just didn't have the money I wanted because my mom owed me some money and didn't get it to me in time. So, hopefully next year I"ll have more money to spend on things i don't really need. kekeke.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Dragon Ninja

Quote from: otakuapprentice on June 12, 2008, 06:59:14 PM
everything i bought i was looking for, so im good....but no one had any death notes, though. *sadface*
I got a Death Note, and I've been keeping it in a drawer since I got back home and I don't really want it, maybe you would like it.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Druix

DX FOOD. I spent way too much money on food. Also, maybe art? I am a sucker for artist alleys. I have bought so much art....and I really don't know what to do with any of it XD I just love pretty things so much.

Actually, more specifically, there's this one artist that made me a bit sad. They'll go unnamed because I don't wanna point anyone out, but I liked a lot of their work and so I commissioned a picture from them. When I finally got it, it was...well, not bad, but it's not at ALL something I would have paid that price for. And I'd seen some of their other commissions, so I don't know what was up with this one :(

2010 Cosplays:
~Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto: Shippuuden)
~Katara (Avatar Book 3)
~Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
~Cain (Starfighter)
~Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)

Gatsby

Come to think of it I bought two identical masks from LK because I thought I lost one. >_< I wish I hadn't bought the second mask.

kollunz

A Haro keychain with a blinking LED light inside. It's large so it feels weird in my pocket, and you can't shut down the dang light without removing the batteries.
doot

Death_Note_Matt

Oh God I am a HUGE sucker for the dealers Room >_< I tend to want to buy alot of things there.
But I [lucky] can control myself...so I won't go over board...I can't say that I did buy something that I regret...
I bought things that where hard to find...anywhere else...but I wanted to  kick myself in the ass because I wanted to buy the Nitro+Chiral merchandise but it cost so much T^T......then when I went to Yaoi con it was there for like $5- $10 gil cheaper O_O I was like OMG I could have bought this for more Gil at Fanime Dx
So yeah I was happy I didnt buy it there >_> but if I see an Asato VF I am scooping that up Dx this year at Fanime con.
Another Player has Entered the Game

Nanashi

Well, despite me really wanting it, I wish I hadn't had gotten the Turn-A Gundam master grade model kit. Why? Because, no sooner did I buy it, I was informed that a booth was selling their last Nu-Gundam (my favorite mobile suit) kit for some retardedly low price.

I nearly flipped out.

Although, the Turn-A does look nice  :)
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

havok rt

The 100 kirby poster from VG Cats. Not because it was a bad buy but cause I lost it.  :(
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

namineartbook

Quote from: Kazuko on August 22, 2008, 04:05:48 PM
Quote from: Lolita_Technica on August 22, 2008, 03:48:51 PM
Dude, I bought a collar from Lokisa with a chain and a bell and it broke 5 minutes later.
Have a good May, $20.
Its best to stay away from lokisa if your into lolita fashion or visual styles their quality is kinda iffy

=( man that sucks your collar broke

Yea, lokisa has really bad quality items. I bought a belt and purse, and within two wears of the belt, the inner layer began to peel off and the front began to tear. The purses handle began to sag and soon, the handles were flimsy. Very low quality items.

Roguethe

I bought this frilly pink collar with a bell. The velcro on the back was weak, so it fell off after too much movement, so I ended up just giving it to my cat. her neck's smaller so it stays togeather better. She looked cute in it anyways xD

I draw sometimessss

Knightfire

This was the first year I didn't overspend at fanime. I saw the thread and actually had to think about what I bought. The only thing that even comes close was the Gundam Seed Volume 2 DVD set, only because I was buying for a friend but he already had it. It was something that I already did plan on buying, I just got it a little earlier than expected :D
Starting work for Fanime 2011

thedeke

I bought a Sprite. Okay, fair enough.

BUT I used a $20 bill. The cashier thought it was a ten, and gave me the change as if I gave her a ten. That means I had to pay ten dollars extra for a Sprite.

I didn't hold a grudge, though. It's just $10. Ah well.  :-\

I didn't get it at the dealers room, but it's still something I wish I didn't get.

LordKefka

Ugh... every time I think about this I get pissed..

Well anyways, a booth had both Sara and Lotti (Sokou no Strain) PVC for $35 each and I ended up buying Lotti (cause I like her better). Turns out the booth next to that one had only the Sara PVC for a low price of $20. I ran back to the previous booth and asked if I can trade what I bought ,Lotti, for Sara since they are the same price. He declined and I was like " WTF!"...in my head of course..-_-;

So I walked away and was pissed for that whole day and still a little aggravated with the thought that I could have owned both =(
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

weirderraindrop

I almost...ALMOST wish I hadn't bought one of those $300.00 Midori dolls..but she's just so freaking cute. xD

I guess my actual regret would be those final fantasy potion drinks that were available for like $50.00 per sip, anybody else drink one of those? >_>

Pengin-san

I don't really regret anything I bought, except this GIANT (I'm talking the size of my face) bell.  It was only $5, so not that much to regret, but I could have gotten food for my friend with that money... who instead had to starve.  The salesman was just so desperate, I was having a hard time saying no.  I don't hate shopkeepers like that, because they're only trying to do their job, but it just pisses me off D;!

Plus, I bought three figures and they were random, since the shopkeeper didn't want to open the box.  I got the same character all three times.  Those little figures were $9 each too!  I'll know not to do that again :/.
I'm hosting a panel this year!  Come check out Visual Kei: More Than Music!  It will be filled with fun, glamor, and sheer awesome music!

otaku_duckie

I regret spending about 150 bucks worth inuyasha goods (back at Fanime 04), i no longer care for that series cause it got old and very annoying! I SPENT 15 DOLLARS ON FINGER PUPPETS!!! 50 ON POSTERS!!

So does anyone want to buy the figures/posters from me? I'll give you all of it for 30 dollars. XD
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<