Things that you wish they had in the Dealers room.

Started by Mister_E, June 12, 2008, 07:08:44 PM

Nina Star 9

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 22, 2009, 07:29:53 PM
I would just like to see more variety.  It seems like I saw the same figures, t-shirts, poster etc. everywhere I went last year.  There where some booths that had different stuff, but probably 5 or 6 booths that were just clones of each other.
This.

I'm tried of seeing the same merch over and over. I'm also tired of mostly seeing merch for the most popular anime out there. I want variety! I want things that aren't as well known/liked!

I've said this before, but I also like more practical items rather than figurines and such... And I would love to see more music/a better selection of music. Just the most popular artists, anime soundtracks, and various viskei/whatever that has evoled into is not nearly enough! A lot of that stuff is really marked up anyway, but sometimes you can get really good stuff for just around or under the going rate (Amano Tsukiko's Tenryu album for ~$35? I couldn't get it for that online once I factored in shipping! I just ordered ZERO, and it cost me over $40, so that's a pretty good deal, and a hint to any sellers, I still don't have A MOON CHILD IN THE SKY... ;D I'll be on the lookout), and that's what I'm looking for.

I also want more booths with really cutesy stuff. Wizzywig has a monopoly on that, I'd say, and if there was another booth like it, then I probably wouldn't have to spend as much money to get my cute stuff fix, and would have a better selection. I know, Sanrio stuff is expensive, but still...

Also, more/better loli clothes, preferably brand, even if I won't be able to afford it, please. <3

Haruka

Shugo Chara merchandise.  Also, Japanese language manga, like they used to carry a few years ago.  I can get English language manga at Barnes and Noble for cying out loud.
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

LordMoufMouf

I would love to see more figurines other than scantily clad pedo-bait schoolgirls. More magical girl figures, and cute boys! Also, more variety in figurines. Often times, I will buy it if it looks cool and beautiful, regardless if whether I know of the series or not.

Kuroshitsuji merchandise!

Costumes/cosplay and costume accessories.

AFFORDABLE lolita garments.

SukebeStudios

kollunz

doot

Runewitt

moar hellsing!

to all the gaia want peoples. last year there was a mistake in their registration for a booth space and they got tables in artist alley, they were by the far right wall, last row, two tables in from the door, they were right next to a couple people i know who were selling longcat scarves. lanzer even gave one of them a cheezburger.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

YoureMyHiro

It would be nice if they had some competitive gaming accessories, such as <shameless plug>Electric Trouble Joysticks.</shameless Plug>

BJ, where you at? ;)

Hikaru Kazushime

Here's what I'm hoping to find at Fanime this year:

Dakimakura
Japanese anime magazines like CompAce and Comptiq, possibly some jp Newtypes since they rock (don't care if they are older or outdated I'll still buy the heck out of 'em.)
Lots of Figma and Revoltech
GOOD SMILE COMPANY GOODS!!!! (LOVE Good Smile, and they'll most likely have GSC goods anyways) and if you didn't know, GSC specializes in Nendoroids, Figma, and the like...
Possibly some Japanese Import Games? *cough*Cross of Venus sp pack*cough*
Some character song CD's
Mouse Pads!  XD
Art Books
and of course, POSTERS!

I'm going to be looking for some more practical and unique items this year. I've got a bad habit of buying loads of figures and nothing else...LOL. *cough*toyslogicIloveyou*cough. Practical Items include things like Collectibles such as character goods, things like character song cd's, dakimakura, sheets, mouse pads, art books, maybe some replicas...Man! I can't wait to hit that dealer's hall!!!!!

Jerry

Really Good Sake - Straight from Japan.  ;D

oh wait, i could get that in japan town...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

JohnnyAR

Roguethe

Hetalia figurines
Okami Merchandice. (Not much, but I know there is some!)
Moar Hellsing figurines. And not the old ones everyone already has D:
Gaia Booth in the Dealers room
More Lolita items, not just Lokisa stuff
Evangelion stuff
Code Geass (Cornelia figurine!)
Hopefully better deals on Copics. (I payed more than I pay for them up in Japan Town San Fransisco. D: )
Moar Moar Moar
C:

I draw sometimessss

elfgirlkaname

more gothic type stuff

anything BLACK!!

and visual kei anything  ;D

Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

quash

I've been going to Fanime since 06, and I have to say, almost all of the money I've spent at the con has been at either the swap meet or the arcade.

Seriously, the dealers room has always been the low point of Fanime for me. I usually don't find anything of interest and on the rare occasion I do find something it's outrageously expensive. I know Naruto headbands sell, but does every single dealer have to sell almost exclusively headbands and figurines and trinkets? I rarely ever see any artbooks (of interest) or rare video games/video game accessories. Most of the stuff I find in the dealers room is stuff you can quite frankly find anywhere online, and usually for a lot less than what they're charging.

The only suggestion I can really offer is to just make better choices on what dealers show up. I'd personally love to have some classic import game booth selling rare PC Engine/Mega Drive/Famicom games.

Oh, and, something else you may want to tell the dealers to bring; arcade sticks. SF4 and BlazBlue are both in high demand and most people getting those games are going to want sticks to play them on.

Ayanami Rei First Child

I would like more affordable Lolita gear.

I want more Momoi/Under 17 merchandise, other then that 2003 concert DVD, back when Momoi Halko was in the band Under 17.

I want more Ayanami Rei merchandise.

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Mister_E

A cheaper Kallen figure, 60 BUCKS!? No thanks.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

SOawesomeness

Different Totoro plushies. Or I mean, variety.

More Slayers and Fushigi Yuugi stuff... haha. I can wish. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

otakuapprentice

More Kamen Rider merchandise(specifically, the Heisei-era Rider belts). Period.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Knightfire

There were no 1/100 Dynames or Kyrios kits this year. What gives man?
Starting work for Fanime 2011