Things that you wish they had in the Dealers room.

Started by Mister_E, June 12, 2008, 07:08:44 PM

Kazuko

ACTUAL LOLITA BRANDS like Baby the stars shine bright, Metamorphose, Angelic Pretty!!! I saw american brands but most were either not my tastes or pure fail

Hell Get MARUIONE This year

rude32

I really wished that "Rooster Teeth" would be there again. :'(
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Hirotona

Freya

Quote from: rude32 on June 26, 2008, 03:05:52 PM
Quote from: Bai-MeiEr on June 26, 2008, 02:50:14 PM
Cell phone charms = <333

And by that, I don't mean a laminated picture of a character made into a charm, I wanted to see something more decorational. ^^
I second this opinion as well. I could hardly find any ones at all, let alone any good ones.
Agreed. I was looking for a new one since my phone charm my friend made me broke; I'd saw some promo Code Geass charms on eBay, where they had a metal-looking charm of the Geass symbol and I'd hoped that I could find it around, but... no dice. :(

pockystix

Moar seiyuu/anisong stuff. Please. And play something other than UNDER17.
Comiket exclusive merchandise would be a hot seller among some otaku.
New sn = Meirin

nmilani

Ever wonder what its like to be an assassin?   If your down to be an assassin at fanime check my thread! http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10525.0.html

Kaiami

Quote from: Kazuko on July 23, 2008, 06:18:26 PM
ACTUAL LOLITA BRANDS like Baby the stars shine bright, Metamorphose, Angelic Pretty!!! I saw american brands but most were either not my tastes or pure fail

EXACTLY what I was thinking. There was one this year at the very back that looked ok, but their prices were pretty much the same with brand :/

rude32

How about more dealers. AA is almost a rival when it comes to size.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

kollunz

doot

Dominium

More music!
I only found one dealer booth through my venture (that wasn't exclusively J-rock or something), and absolutely [no] selection.
At least, for what I was looking for.
I ended up spending most my money on cool FF figurines.

I always choose an anime I really like, and dedicate myself to finding merchandise for it.
<3 Let's hope I have more luck in 2009!
abnormally attracted to sin.

Kazuko

Quote from: Kaiami on September 24, 2008, 05:49:37 PM

EXACTLY what I was thinking. There was one this year at the very back that looked ok, but their prices were pretty much the same with brand :/
seriously!
Well if Fanime gets MaruiOne items wont be so overpriced like most vendors or bootlegged =\
And Quality items, that one vender towards the back had some good stuff but yes it was exepensive but probally less compared to brand name clothes. Most US sellers sell their items lesser than the JP brands

Raymei

I agree Rooster Teeth would be AWESOME to have  XD  They're great! 
It would be nice to get more dealers in general.  The one thing that stood out in my mind was that most of the dealers had the same stuff as 2 or 3 more other booths.
It'd be cool to get more video game dealers, and more Star Wars stuff (especially if we do the 2009 SW gathering XD ), but I'd also like to see a J-List booth if we could get them  (they're a HUGE dealer in Japanese goods and whatnot).  I think that would be really successful at Fanime.

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Kazuko on September 25, 2008, 06:19:17 PM
Quote from: Kaiami on September 24, 2008, 05:49:37 PM

seriously!
Well if Fanime gets MaruiOne items wont be so overpriced like most vendors or bootlegged =\
And Quality items, that one vender towards the back had some good stuff but yes it was exepensive but probally less compared to brand name clothes. Most US sellers sell their items lesser than the JP brands
If I remember, that booth had dresses for $200+. I would say that compares to brand prices.

I agree with actual lolita brands, since so many cons are bringing out brands now, and Fanime seems to have a pretty strong and still growing loli scene.

We also need better music options. Not everyone wants the same VK and pop and anime OSTs as we can find every year. D:

NetBelleAnie

Demyx (Kingdom Hearts)
Mabel (Gravity Falls)

Moonblossom

I would really like to see a dealer with a larger selection of Jun Planning dolls (Pullip, Taeyang, Dal, etc). One seller had a couple, but they were older ones.

Valley of the Dolls is based in SoCal, it wouldn't be too hard for them to drive up for the weekend and set up a booth.

shinjiboy

Quote from: Dominium on September 25, 2008, 02:11:08 PM
More music!
I only found one dealer booth through my venture (that wasn't exclusively J-rock or something), and absolutely [no] selection.

From my experience, music is one of the most costly items you would find in the dealers room.  An AKFG CD for example, went for $50 a few years back.

Nanashi

Busou Shinki. I wish they had that.

Also, snacks/drinks that aren't horridly over-priced. They sell ramune for close to $4 a bottle at fanime. At an asian market near my house, they sell it for about 69 cents a bottle.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Raymei

Quote from: Nanashi on October 19, 2008, 04:49:00 AM
Busou Shinki. I wish they had that.

Also, snacks/drinks that aren't horridly over-priced. They sell ramune for close to $4 a bottle at fanime. At an asian market near my house, they sell it for about 69 cents a bottle.

Food is typically a little more pricey at cons because of location  (like food at baseball games, beer at concerts, etc), it sucks, but it's the law of "supply and demand".
With stuff like ramune and whatnot, it's going to be cheaper at Asian markets because they get it in bigger bulks (not to mention in business with delivery locations, they sometimes get discounts on the shipment costs depending on how much they order).
Dealers usually bring all their stuff by their own means, so they're essentially paying for the "shipment" (gas money, etc) and they pay to rent out the tables there as well, so they usually add to the price to make up for these costs.

But they could have some cheaper alternatives (like doritos and whatnot) to sell to those of us who are just plain hungry and not Pocky partisan.

Death_Note_Matt

Quote from: AnimeEmperor on June 12, 2008, 08:35:32 PM
Needed moar Gurren Lagann merchandise.

.....and the Gaia booth was missed.

Yeah I agree I was looking for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann merchandise there too ;__; I wanted a Kamina VF.
And The HUGE Gaia Coco Kitty T^T I wanted to try and win that >w>
I love coco Kitties >w<

I wish  they had more Hitman Reborn merchandise Dx
Another Player has Entered the Game

Ayanami Rei First Child

If someone had like...an Ayanami Rei body pillow...that would be fantastic!

Although I'd settle for an Ayanami Rei plushie ^^;

Also...BRING BACK THE GAIA BOOTH!