Things that you wish they had in the Dealers room.

Started by Mister_E, June 12, 2008, 07:08:44 PM

LordMoufMouf

Dealer's hall was a lot of fun, but I only bought three Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler figures and a pencil board. I didn't see too much that I really wanted.
I really enjoyed the doll booth (even if it was pretty expensive), and the booth that sold the anime licensed jewelry and accessories, along with the lolita booths.

I would love to see:
~More male figures, like I said before in a previous post before the con. I need my bishi fix!
~Other cute Japanese items - not necessarily anime related. I love the miniature sets that come in the fortune boxes and anything cutesy! Like http://www.re-mentusa.com/index.php, the Re-Ment miniatures. They can be quite collectible!
~More practical items? Office/school accessories, etc.
~Art supplies - Sakura, Copic, Niko-Piko etc.

Shinsengumi

I wished they had more Import games this year. Ohh well maybe next year.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

I wish the Dealers Room could Import from Japan.  I have been looking very hard for obscure and not common Anime items not found in domestic anime stores.  Toradora for Example.  I hate to say this but why is it back in early 2000 I had an easy time looking for Imported Anime items compared to today? 

Are all Anime Dealers selling stuff in USA Anime Conventions afraid to Import because they think they cannot make a profit to the niche die hard Anime fan in making a sale compared to the mainstream Anime fan that will buy anime stuff based from Anime licensed in America?  I miss those days when it was very easy to find dealers that Import from Japan.  Now a days after Anime has gotten popular, dealers somehow do not care about Importing Anime Goods from Japan and would rather make a quick dollar/profit from whatever popular Anime that is airing in America.

Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

liger0sniper

I second the Hetalia figurines. Why are they so hard to find? D: (and so very expensive once you find them!)

Also seconding the Nendoroid - been searching for a Kaito for a while.

Gaia => dealers' room. Definitely.

Manga that hasn't been licensed in the US yet like Hetalia, Chrome Shelled Regios, etc.

...and a lot more that has already been listed. I'm just emphasizing the ones that I really want ;P

TC X0 Lt 0X

I wish they had more money in my wallet =3.

And Eureka 7 figures.
And Negima Vol.1, which apparently was monopolized at Fanime.
And Anything else I would want to buy.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

MaruChan

I wish they had more ouran high school host club/code geass stuff.
If cosplaying was life, I would be so many nationalities and ages.

Airi

Reborn! figures! XD There are a few I'm looking for and I can't order online yet (No credit card XD) Also that store that was selling the male visual kei photos and cute dark clothes weren't there this year, I think it was Bodyline or something. I really loved that store, but was disappointed they weren't here D:

frumpy

Hey All,

Just wanted to let you guys know that your complaints have not fallen on deaf ears! If you know of a dealer who has *unique* items fit for our Dealers room, please refer them our way to dealers[at]fanime.com.

Currently, I'm on the hunt for these types of dealers:

• Comic book & manga art supplies
  • Non-anime, but falls into Japanese influenced products (ie: Gama-Go, Kid Robot, VooDoo Dolls, Re-Mint, independent designers)
  • Various gaming dealers (video games & table top)

Trying to convince new dealers to attend FanimeCon is no easy task as they need to consider if this trip will make or break their bank. Aside from having to pay for their booth fees ($670-$820 per booth), dealers also need to take these logistics into account:

-freight handling & shipping fees
-truck rental fees
-gas (if traveling by ground)
-airline tickets
-hotel stay (at *least* 4 nights)
-food
-sufficient staff

And on top of all this, having enough sufficient staff to keep their store location open!

Yes, we've had our share of dealers in the past who've pulled out of FanimeCon simply because they couldn't make enough profit. Their margins were low, therefore they're less likely to return to our Dealers room.  :-[
---------------------------------------
On the issue of imports:
Dealers haven't been importing as much as they used to. Why? Because shipping is expensive and alot of the mainstream items are coming from official North American distributing companies such as Diamond Comics, AAAnime, & Great Eastern. In recent years, Diamond has expanded their import selections: Kotobukiya/Yamato PVC Statues, Gashapon figures, Bandai Soul of Chogokin collections, Gundam kits, etc...

Example:
Random "---" anime toy released in Japan on 1/1/2009. Dealers are expected to pay for yen price @ 500 ea & overseas shipping for said product. 6 months later, Diamond Comics announces they are importing the same toy @ cheaper costs than Japan.

Import dealers lose money and must now compete prices w/ the "localized" version of the same product. Importing is a risky investment nowadays *if* someone else gets the North American distribution rights.

Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

Lucifargundam

I couldn't find the limited edition Hellsing OVA 4 there :(.  I wish the GITS figurines was cheaper...   more gaia stuff would be nice.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

holyonekt

i wish they had japan style clothing u see in the drama, anyways does anyone remember the clothing j pop/ j rock style that was sold in the dealers room in 08 but not in 09
and its not Lolita-Kisama, anyone have any idea what happen to them are who they are???

frumpy

Quote from: holyonekt on November 03, 2009, 05:02:11 PM
i wish they had japan style clothing u see in the drama, anyways does anyone remember the clothing j pop/ j rock style that was sold in the dealers room in 08 but not in 09
and its not Lolita-Kisama, anyone have any idea what happen to them are who they are???

I want to say it was either J-Pop House -or- Digital Discs. Both had pulled out of 2009's con.
Camilla Wong
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

Dark_Flame_Shoto

i wanna see some stuff from:
Pandora Hearts
Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy
Shakugan No Shana
Death Note
Code Geass
Gundam
and a lot of others i can't remember. x.x

waffle-lover26

I used to keep an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.
If you don't like my driving, than get off the sidewalk.

*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

VanessaAyukawa

I actually wish they had old school merch like from Gundam 0079 or Urusei Yatsura and more imports in stead of manga and boxsets that I can get online and off ebay for cheaper.

LordMoufMouf

I would like to see some affordable and inexpensive Lolita wear. Those dresses are really not worth $300-$400 a pop. I know that Bodyline and Cosmates has some good prices. I know many girls that would love to buy Lolita fashion is it was only cheaper.

N.E.R.V.agent220

Alternate Non-perishable groceries

For Example: 5 lb bags of Nishiki Rice
                  Pan(bread/bun) Snacks
                  Japanese Cakes/Crackers
                  Ramen Noodles(cup or bag)

ewu

Food will prob be substantially limited in the dealers room....There are requirements that may be more difficult for dealers to adhere to this coming year.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

kumi-chan

Please bring digital discs back!!! ;^; Also sell more visual kei and Jrock!!! At Fanime 09 there was bearly anything and I left the dealers room very disappointed. Oh and please have a booth that sells LM.C merch like they did with AnCafe in Fanime 08. Thanx.

frumpy

Quote from: kumi-chan on February 19, 2010, 10:15:56 PM
Please bring digital discs back!!! ;^; Also sell more visual kei and Jrock!!! At Fanime 09 there was bearly anything and I left the dealers room very disappointed. Oh and please have a booth that sells LM.C merch like they did with AnCafe in Fanime 08. Thanx.

Digital Disc will be returning, however they've changed their name to "Man in a Dress". But don't worry, it's the same owner.  ;D
JPop House will also be returning for 2010!

Keep checking this site for new & returning dealers coming to FanimeCon this year!!
http://www2.fanime.com/2010/dealerlist/
Camilla Wong
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

Jannoy

[PIANO] SHEET MUSIC.

Finding official sheet music from anime/video games outside of Japan (other than the option of purchasing via the internet) is so difficult. When I went to Japan, I came back with seven sheet music books. In all my years attending Fanime (2010 is going to be my fifth year), I've never seen anime/video game sheet music books sold. Or maybe sheet music is really popular and it's always sold out by the time I hit the Dealer's Room. D: Either way, with the great diversity of people that attend Fanime, a good portion of us must be musically inclined and would also be greatly interested in purchasing official sheet music from their favorite anime and video games. Finding a dealer that sells sheet music alone would be quite a challenge, but what about suggesting to Fanime's regular dealers to expand their merchandise to include sheet music? I know the music books are out there, I see them sold online all the time. But it's just much more convenient to purchase sheet music in person.

Come on, us musicians need some love too. >:

JAPANESE-BRAND HAIRDYE.

I'm talking about the Palty, Gatsby, and Kao Prettia brands. This stuff is legit. I've only ever used Japanese hairdye when I choose to color my hair at home. Usually, these brands are found only in Japantowns or the few and far in between specialty J-shops. It's a pain in the butt driving to SF Japantown if my only mission was to buy hairdye, lol. -__- Finding a good selection of these hairdyes in Japanese/Asian groceries vary - at most, only two to three colors are available at these stores (if they're not specifically a Japanese grocery). I'm sure many girls (and guys!) would be interested in purchasing/trying out these brands but they just don't have the access to purchase them at a store. Maybe a dealer would like to add the stuff to their merch? :D

CIRCLE LENSES

I haven't been around the cosplay contact lenses booth last year, but to my knowledge, contact lenses dealers at Fanime don't cell circle lenses. YES, there is a difference between regular color-contact lenses and circle lenses. http://circlelens.net/ I know that I'd buy several pairs of circle lenses, if only they were sold at Fanime...

Quote from: N.E.R.V.agent220 on February 17, 2010, 08:37:29 PM
Alternate Non-perishable groceries

For Example: 5 lb bags of Nishiki Rice
                 Pan(bread/bun) Snacks
                 Japanese Cakes/Crackers
                 Ramen Noodles(cup or bag)

If you're from the Bay Area (heck, even SoCal), it's actually quite easy to shop for Japanese/Asian-related groceries. Raid your local 99 Ranch, Nijiya, Mitsuwa, Seafood City, Japantown, Chinatown, etc. Generally, if you have the access, buying from these stores instead of from the dealers at the con gets you a better deal for your buck.

Last year, I remember there was this dealer that was selling bottles of ramune soda for $2 a bottle. Wtf? You could get a six-pack of ramune for about $4 at 99 Ranch... And boxes of Pocky being sold at $2-4 dollars each? How about buying two boxes for a dollar at Nijiya? -__-

However, if you don't have access to shopping at these kinds of stores, then by all means, stock up. However, just think a little further before you start purchasing your Japanese non-perishables in bulk. Is it really worth paying so much extra?