Things that you wish they had in the Dealers room.

Started by Mister_E, June 12, 2008, 07:08:44 PM

frumpy

Jannoy,

I've seen music sheet books sold at Kinokuniya SF. Though I can't say the same about SJ's location....can someone elaborate??

Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

Touya no Miko

I'm still searching for a Baccano boxset. Most of the stores nearby don't have them. D:

I'd like to see a booth that sells theatrical makeup, like Ben Nye or Cinema Secrets. Even have some makeup experts give advice on the right kind we need.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Jannoy

Another thing I'd be interested in seeing in the Dealer's Room are miscellaneous Japanese wares. These don't necessarily have to be very fancy/pricey. I'm talking about bento boxes, daruma, miscellaneous charms from temples/shrines (good luck, good health, etc.), yukata (real yukata, not something cosplay-inspired), obi, zori, parasols, kanzashi (hair pins/ornaments), kokeshi, furin (windchimes) etc. Not everyone who attends Fanime has access to a Japantown - I think a considerable amount of people would be interested in purchasing these Japanese items. :)

Quote from: frumpy on February 20, 2010, 01:58:29 PM
Jannoy,

I've seen music sheet books sold at Kinokuniya SF. Though I can't say the same about SJ's location....can someone elaborate??

Yeah, I've seen sheet music sold at Kinokuniya SF also, however, the selection is very limited. I've checked and there aren't many sheet music books related to anime/video games. Mostly stuff by Japanese composers or pieces written in very easy notation (I've seen Japanese lullabies before).

heeroyuy135

I hope Aksys Games comes through and shows off the console version of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift like what they did last year for BB: Calamity Trigger.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on February 21, 2010, 01:35:54 PM
I hope Aksys Games comes through and shows off the console version of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift like what they did last year for BB: Calamity Trigger.

Seconded.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

kumi-chan

Quote from: frumpy on February 20, 2010, 12:30:07 AM
Quote from: kumi-chan on February 19, 2010, 10:15:56 PM
Please bring digital discs back!!! ;^; Also sell more visual kei and Jrock!!! At Fanime 09 there was bearly anything and I left the dealers room very disappointed. Oh and please have a booth that sells LM.C merch like they did with AnCafe in Fanime 08. Thanx.

Digital Disc will be returning, however they've changed their name to "Man in a Dress". But don't worry, it's the same owner.  ;D
JPop House will also be returning for 2010!

Keep checking this site for new & returning dealers coming to FanimeCon this year!!
http://www2.fanime.com/2010/dealerlist/
Thank you very much! I've been waiting for "Man in the Dress" (That's so funny! ;D I bet he's gonna do it again this year. lol) since last year. I actually even remember you telling me that they weren't gonna come last year! lol Anyway, thanx a bunch and I will keep checking the link you gave me. Thanx!

kimonomomo

I had a kimono booth at the '08 show and nearly sold out of a LOT of things, including tabi and yukata. This year I'm stocking up for Sakura-Con in April, but considering doing Fanime as well since it's local (I'm in the East Bay Area).

So... do you want to see a kimono booth at Fanime this year? Let me know.

BrightHeart76

Quote from: kimonomomo on March 11, 2010, 12:38:32 PM
I had a kimono booth at the '08 show and nearly sold out of a LOT of things, including tabi and yukata. This year I'm stocking up for Sakura-Con in April, but considering doing Fanime as well since it's local (I'm in the East Bay Area).

PLEASE!!!  I missed you last year. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Glitch

I wish anything from http://www.bon-kura.com/ was present there. They have the best looking shirts. Some from american movies that not even americans wear.

frumpy

Quote from: FanFicGuru on February 23, 2010, 08:30:43 AM
Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on February 21, 2010, 01:35:54 PM

Seconded.

Rest assured. Aksys will be returning along w/ few major surprises for us all.....MUWAHAHAHA SECRETS!
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

SukebeStudios

Japanese sex products. ::Nod:: yep.  Or anime character "Real Dolls."

kimonomomo

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on March 11, 2010, 07:12:23 PM
Quote from: kimonomomo on March 11, 2010, 12:38:32 PM

PLEASE!!!  I missed you last year. 

Ha! Yeah, I missed you all, too.  ;)

Hey Camilla, keep an eye out for my booth application! Save me a good spot if you can.  ;D

Roguethe

I really hope the lady from CustomCosplay.com returns. I love her stuff, and want to buy some pillows for sure.

I draw sometimessss

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Rogue-Ayanami on March 18, 2010, 09:12:17 PM
I really hope the lady from CustomCosplay.com returns. I love her stuff, and want to buy some pillows for sure.
I'm pretty sure she will be. She has Fanime listed as attending in her blog on DeviantArt http://chihuahua-yip.deviantart.com/

heeroyuy135

I wish Kinokuniya would set up shop at the Fanime Dealers Room.

Moonblossom

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on March 19, 2010, 02:21:05 PM

That would be really awesome, especially for those of us who don't live in the area and don't know where they are.

kimonomomo

Quote from: Moonblossom on March 19, 2010, 05:02:43 PM

That would be really awesome, especially for those of us who don't live in the area and don't know where they are.

No kidding. I DO know where they are and I'd still like to see them there.

Hey Moony!  :D

Moonblossom

Hiya!

Still dunno if I'm coming this year thoguh ><

heeroyuy135

Quote from: kimonomomo on March 22, 2010, 04:19:58 PM
Quote from: Moonblossom on March 19, 2010, 05:02:43 PM
No kidding. I DO know where they are and I'd still like to see them there.
Well we do know they can set up shop at anime conventions; they're scheduled to be at AX 2010.

kamisamabunny

i'd love to see 100 yen store items. you know, the cheap fun little stuff?

affordable bento items. i hate seeing cute stuff at 20-30+ bucks.

casual (everyday) yukata. not costume, not "vintage" (aka more money)

everyday geta! last pair i bought (only ones i could find) were made of a soft wood that is falling apart due to little rocks getting embedded in them

educational stuff(think the japanese study section of j-list)

pretty much, affordable cool stuff. it doesn't just have to be anime related.
All I want is "you", whoever you turn out to be <3