Things that you wish they had in the Dealers room.

Started by Mister_E, June 12, 2008, 07:08:44 PM

kimonomomo

Quote from: kamisamabunny on March 24, 2010, 02:00:43 AM
i'd love to see 100 yen store items. you know, the cheap fun little stuff?

affordable bento items. i hate seeing cute stuff at 20-30+ bucks.

casual (everyday) yukata. not costume, not "vintage" (aka more money)

everyday geta! last pair i bought (only ones i could find) were made of a soft wood that is falling apart due to little rocks getting embedded in them

educational stuff(think the japanese study section of j-list)

pretty much, affordable cool stuff. it doesn't just have to be anime related.

What you're looking for is all Made In China. And really, you get what you pay for.

Yukata are never cheap unless they are machine made in China, and even then they are quite expensive, even in Japan. Vintage ones are usually hand sewn and last forever, so worth the money. Japanese-made cotton is vastly superior to most Chinese cottons. Sometimes if you're lucky you can find a cheap yukata on ebay, but watch for shipping costs. There are some bargains to be had if you're diligent!

Geta are often made of paulownia or other soft wood and meant for one season's wear, so yeah, they do fall apart. I go through at least a pair a year, just doing shows.

I WISH I could sell the items you want for cheap, but the fact is nearly half my cost is just shipping stuff out of Japan to the US. It is VERY expensive to import these things, even if they start out cheap in Japan.

Moonblossom

Just to back up what kimonomomo's saying here - Ichiroya, one of the most reputable vendors out of Japan, recently listed a bunch of adorable new casual yukata and obi sets.

http://www.ichiroya.com/sp/list.php?spid=S4bad7f3729137

Check the prices.

This is what what you're going to pay for brand new "not costume" yukata straight from Japan. Vintage are usually less expensive.

I managed to snag a brand new high-end yukata a few years back on sale for 50,00y. It's more than I've spent on many of my vintage kimono and I consider it to be a great deal for a brand new item.

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

heeroyuy135

Quote from: frumpy on March 12, 2010, 12:28:37 PM
Quote from: FanFicGuru on February 23, 2010, 08:30:43 AM
Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on February 21, 2010, 01:35:54 PM
I hope Aksys Games comes through and shows off the console version of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift like what they did last year for BB: Calamity Trigger.
Seconded.
Rest assured. Aksys will be returning along w/ few major surprises for us all.....MUWAHAHAHA SECRETS!
Surprise = Daisuke Ishiwatari and Toshimichi Mori as Guests of Honor
CALLING IT NOW: NEW INFO ON THE NEW GUILTY GEAR GAME
ALSO CONFIRMED: PLAYABLE CONSOLE VERSION OF BLAZBLUE: CONTINUUM SHIFT, FUCK YEAH

Gwydion

I know this is nearly impossible considering how rare they are...but...I'd kill for Hetalia plushies.

Well I'd consider it at least... ^^

AngelWings

Quote from: kimonomomo on March 12, 2010, 03:43:01 PM
Quote from: BrightHeart76 on March 11, 2010, 07:12:23 PM
Quote from: kimonomomo on March 11, 2010, 12:38:32 PM
So... do you want to see a kimono booth at Fanime this year? Let me know.

PLEASE!!!  I missed you last year. 

Ha! Yeah, I missed you all, too.  ;)

Hey Camilla, keep an eye out for my booth application! Save me a good spot if you can.  ;D
Oooh knowing that you'll be there just made me rebudget my entire con!!!! Worth it though.

LOVE.SAE

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on April 09, 2010, 04:12:14 PM
I hope Aksys Games comes through and shows off the console version of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift like what they did last year for BB: Calamity Trigger.
Seconded.
Rest assured. Aksys will be returning along w/ few major surprises for us all.....MUWAHAHAHA SECRETS!
Surprise = Daisuke Ishiwatari and Toshimichi Mori as Guests of Honor
CALLING IT NOW: NEW INFO ON THE NEW GUILTY GEAR GAME
ALSO CONFIRMED: PLAYABLE CONSOLE VERSION OF BLAZBLUE: CONTINUUM SHIFT, FUCK YEAH

*FANGASM*

I have all the Guilty Gear games including the PSP beat em up and the artbook. *_____*
I am waiting to leap into Ishiwatari Daisuke's arms ( > w < ) !!!!

I WAS GOING TO SAY. I WOULD LOVE IT IF THERE WAS MORE GUILTY GEAR ITEMS AS WELL.
And K-on, Touhou, Vocaloid, variety of clothes too. ( = w = )

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

FanFicGuru

Seconded.

Quote from: Fanime Home PageFanimeCon, Aksys Games, and Arc System Works are proud to announce video game creators Daisuke Ishiwatari and Toshimichi Mori as Guests of Honor at FanimeCon 2010.

Daisuke Ishiwatari is famous for creating the Guilty Gear video game series. While he denies having created the game single-handedly, his extensive work on the series includes an eclectic assortment of talents.

Toshimichi Mori also has many talents. He not only directed and produced the BlazBlue video game series but also designed the characters and wrote the scenarios.

Is this what you meant? IS IT?!?!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

outcast

I hope that one of dealers have at least a cop of the complete collection of Toradora.

abcbadcat

PrincessPolka

Quote from: outcast on April 19, 2010, 04:32:57 PM
I hope that one of dealers have at least a cop of the complete collection of Toradora.
I just bought a copy for myself on ebay! The best place in the world!

Ryo_Hellsing

1. Live action drama series.
2. StrangeLand: Seven Sins comic
3. A Nnorita plushi XD
4. Odd clothing.

That's all.... :3

Elimeno

I've seen belt buckles/belts a few times now.  Dealers make it happen!!
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

kamisamabunny

i wasn't asking for anything amazingly cheap, even just daisho status.
3 dollar bento boxes is awesome, idc who you are.
All I want is "you", whoever you turn out to be <3

Hikaru Kazushime

Loot I'd love to come home with:

Figures:
Yui Hirasawa figma
Hatsune Miku 2010 Sega Prize ver.
Vanille, Lightning and Reimi Square Enix Play Arts figures
Gundam 00 character figures
Azusa Nakano figma
BRS figma

Manga:
I"S vol.6-15
Psychic Academy Vol.11
Air Gear 5+
D.N.Angel Vol.3

Other:
Like it goes every year, I always find a million things that weren't on my list- and I usually return home with a mostly completed list and a ton of other great stuff. I wish to find tons of great stuff again this year. Some great character goods, maybe some new Doujinshi, quality figures, rare finds, oh- and that oppai mousepad I've been wanting for forever~  XD

Impulse

Wish they had more Cyndaquil plushies since they all sold out on friday. Also wish there were more Ramune flavors sold other than the packs. (Melon, strawberry, original and there was another)

Not junk food would be nice like the poster above said, bento boxes would be awesome, just need a cooling unit to keep them in. Belts would be awesome, any kind, seat belt, black belt, a belt. Cosplay clothing not limited to popular series but I could imagine the prices of though being 100+...
10':
Friday I encouraged some of the artists. Saturday I worked as a dealer. Sunday, I taught a few people how to Salsa. After midnight I played NINJA in a chair due to injury. Monday I worked as a dealer again and all through out the weekend helped ppl.

explosive_artist

Matthew Patel - Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life/Vs The World

Mami Tomoe -gender bend-

Finnick Odair -arena-

crystalsoul

reno

Durarara!! & Angel Beats merchandise.. More An Cafe merchandise, i didn't have a chance to get any the last 2 years T_T