Things that you wish they had in the Dealers room.

Started by Mister_E, June 12, 2008, 07:08:44 PM

Ayanami Rei First Child

More wall scrolls, Affordable figurines/action figures (Prices varied greatly from $10 to over $50 depending on the character and who sold it), and Lolita or other cool Japanese clothing in Tall American Size.

mdarkpoet

Some Elfen Lied merch!!! I swear I didn't see as much Elfen Lied merch as I would have liked T_T

Also I maybe some cheaper plushies? A lot of the plushies really seemed to be a rip-off

.::midnight.maiden::.

Of course this is an anime convention....but with the growing fandom of J-pop, K-pop, and asian dramas...it would be nice if there was a larger selection for that category.
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

animeangelfish

GAMES GAMES GAAAAMES

....did i say games?

Seriously, not ONE booth selling any kind of games. It was heartbreaking. :(

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

Melly

Quote from: Duo on June 05, 2010, 11:41:05 PM
GAMES GAMES GAAAAMES

....did i say games?

i saw some H-games >________>;; lololol

and the lack of NANA merch made me sad ;; i wanted my own Hachi plushie SO BAD D:!!!!

i did manage to get Shin's lighter though >D MUAHHAAHHAA.

Shinsengumi

Quote from: Melly on June 06, 2010, 01:27:01 AM
GAMES GAMES GAAAAMES

....did i say games?

and the lack of NANA merch made me sad ;; i wanted my own Hachi plushie SO BAD D:!!!!

Yeah this year no dealers were selling games which was sad. I did see a booth selling H-games but that's all. There's always next year.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Melly

Quote from: Shinsengumi on June 07, 2010, 12:26:47 AM
Quote from: Melly on June 06, 2010, 01:27:01 AM
GAMES GAMES GAAAAMES

....did i say games?

Yeah this year no dealers were selling games which was sad. I did see a booth selling H-games but that's all. There's always next year.

haha we must of saw the same both xDD i got my first and only hentai there.. muahahaha.. XD

DarkFujin

I came in here to post exactly what you guys are saying: GAMES!! Seriously, I wandered up and down the dealer's room looking for a game booth but couldn't find one. I was hoping to find some rare or imported games but nope. I had to get my gaming fix from the swap meet.

.::midnight.maiden::.

Quote from: DarkFujin on June 07, 2010, 01:40:05 PM
I came in here to post exactly what you guys are saying: GAMES!! Seriously, I wandered up and down the dealer's room looking for a game booth but couldn't find one. I was hoping to find some rare or imported games but nope. I had to get my gaming fix from the swap meet.
I agree...we definitely need more games. Especially new and imported games(BONUS!). However, I was satisfied with the games they sold at Swap Meet.
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

Skyline

Klonoa stuff.  T^T

Lots of swap meeters selling the games (mostly the two on GBA), no merch at Dealers.

Lesser-known game stuff.
FanimeCon: eGaming Staff, 2009-2011
Sac-Anime Summer/Winter: Console Game Room Staff, 2009-2011
SNAFU Con: Console Game Room Co-Director, 2010-2011

Ayanami Rei First Child

One thing that was COMPLETELY missing from the Dealer's room: Momoi CDs!

I mean seriously! We can get her t-shirts that she's importing from Japan. I remember seeing one of her concert DVDs from when she was with Under 17, but God forbid we get one of her CDs!! I'd REALLY like to not have to pay for full price of all that shipping to get them here in the USA damn it >.<

kohana ichibana

A Taiko plush from Taikono Tatsujin. I saw them in 09 but not in 10 >< I searched high and low for one.
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

otakuya

I'd hate to be AX-ish, but I would like more American anime licensing companies present (Funimation, Geneon, Bandai, etc.) and video game distributors / promos (Sony, Nintendo, Bandai Namco, Capcom, Zynga, etc.)

EJAY420

ELECTRONICS!!!!!! 2010 sucked when it came to video game vending. some shit about some venders not showing up for whatever reason. I ALWAYS spend hundreds on imports for my consoles. Heck, I even bought a Imported Pink PSP in 2008. (perfect gift for my sister's B-day).  I was very disappointed in 2010. I  hope Fanime notices this post in some way, shape or form. Maybe we can have something sweet in 2011??
Most Impressive.

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Airi

Did they sell any BL game merchandise? XD Like Togainu no Chi? I wasn't paying attention last year ^^;

Mantaray3000

I miss the booth that sold anime soundtracks there were so many cds I wanted to buy last year but they were not there and I'm not sure if they were there in 2009.  :-\

Also what happened to Japan Video Games? they had a booth last year.

And just for laughs I also miss the guy who always shouted "yaoi! come get yaoi!" he was awesome!

cutiebunny

Quote from: daryy on January 16, 2011, 05:43:59 AM
I'm talking about bento boxes, daruma, miscellaneous charms from temples/shrines (good luck, good health, etc.), yukata (real yukata, not something cosplay-inspired), obi, zori, parasols, kanzashi (hair pins/ornaments), kokeshi, furin (windchimes) etc. Not everyone who attends Fanime has access to a Japantown - I think a considerable amount of people would be interested in purchasing these Japanese items. Smiley

Your best bet is using a deputy service to access all the Yahoo Japan and Rakuten goods.  Deputy services will charge you a small commission fee, but, as most Japanese will not do business (or ship) to anyone outside of Japan, it's really your best bet. I'm guessing that a lot of vendors who import will likely charge you just as much if not more, considering that they need to cover their costs as well.  There's also a chain of Japanese 'dollar stores' in the Bay Area(I'd mention the name but I'm not sure if it's ok to plug them here), so, if you're headed to Fanime, you might want to check them out.  They have a good selection of bento boxes and other items.  And, since most items are $1.50, they won't blow your con budget.

For kimono stuff, you really need to head to Japan.  There are some really good and affordable second hand kimono stores in Tokyo.  But, bear in mind, that 'authentic' kimono stuff can be pricey.  Even in a second hand(most of the stuff doesn't look used at all) shop, it is not unheard of to pay 20,000 - 30,000 yen for just the obi alone.

I hope this helps.

SpiritOfKairi

A better variety of snacks would be cool.  I mostly saw chocolate and strawberry Pocky, and while those are good, I can easily get them from my local grocery store at any given time.  It seemed WhizzyWig was the only dealer that had a better spread, and even their stuff was kinda limited compared to 2009 (or so I can recall right now).  They still have good stuff, though =).

Also, I second others' suggestions about having figures other than girls in mostly provocative outfits.  It would be nice to have male action figures as well so you don't get hit with a barrage of women with their clothes barely there.

Lastly, someone else mentioned this, but better phone charms would also be appreciated, especially if they don't cost $15-20.  I'd prefer to not blow a few meals worth of cash just to make my phone look awesome.

Moonblossom

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on January 27, 2011, 11:22:11 PMLastly, someone else mentioned this, but better phone charms would also be appreciated, especially if they don't cost $15-20.  I'd prefer to not blow a few meals worth of cash just to make my phone look awesome.

There are usually a ton of really cute and relatively inexpensive phone charms in the Artists Alley. Little polymer ones, fabric ones, etc. I'd rather buy from small handcrafters and get something cute and unique anyway :)