Did anyone go to the Cthulhu for President panel?

Started by HunterZero, June 13, 2008, 09:27:02 PM

HunterZero

Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Glitch

That panel was lulz. I had a great time. And loved the Q&A session.

AdamWest

Anyone check out this year's panel?  I thought it was pretty epic :)

Glitch

This yea was pretty good. I wish I would have gone down sooner instead of arriving late. We all got free buttons at the end.

Dracil

I would've, except I was in line for Momoi's concert.  Maybe next year. :P

ichigocorcor

I heard it was a joke, and that it was just that dude talking about how he wanted the country to be run and just replacing his ideas with Cthulu's. But I didn't go so I don't exactly know what went on.
Third-Year Fanime Panelist~
Team Lift XMA&Pokemon Cafe
Cosplay Plans

Glitch

Quote from: Dracil on May 27, 2009, 08:38:52 PM
I would've, except I was in line for Momoi's concert.  Maybe next year. :P
The panel was the day before Momoi actually.

Dracil

In that case, I was in line for the Masquerade. :P

In other words, panels at the same time as big events will get missed.

Kava

Quote from: Dracil on May 29, 2009, 11:13:00 AM
In other words, panels at the same time as big events will get missed.
Certainly not by all. Only perhaps 1/3 or less of FanimeCon's attendees actually attend the Masquerade, and I believe the percentage is often lower for Music Fest.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Dracil

But didn't you guys break a record for the Masquerade this year and make an announcement during the masquerade about fire marshals not letting any more people inside?

I remember when I went to line up, the line had stretched pretty much all the way around the building.

Kava

Masquerade went very well and had a very high attendance. I don't have an exact figure... but I believe it's somewhere around 3,000 people, which is capacity for the Civic Center, to my knowledge. Total con attendance is around the 16,000 people range.

Masquerade is certainly one of our largest events, but it isn't the type of thing where every attendee goes. A significant percentage goes, definitely, but 3,000 people at the masquerade still leaves at least 10k+ who are wandering around elsewhere.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

havok rt

Hey don't throw the panel running co-current to the Masquerade under the bus. I have 10x more fun going to panels and chilling with people then going to the masquerade. Plus I can always watch the masquerade on youtube, often with a better view. Anyways the panel was hilarious and as always Q&A was the best.
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)