What game are you competitive on or working hard on?

Started by OniCourseMusha, June 14, 2008, 02:11:33 AM

Tsubasa

Quote from: JTchinoy on August 19, 2008, 12:23:01 PM
Quote from: Tsubasa on August 19, 2008, 07:21:58 AM
Quote from: JTchinoy on August 19, 2008, 02:34:33 AM
I wasn't aware there was a such thing as being a competitive MMORPG player.  ???

There certainly is if we're talking endgame.
*looks up endgame on wikipedia*
are you being sarcastic? :P  i think i see the reference you're making, but i'm not sure.  XP

It is a mystery.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

JohnnyAR

Capcom vs SNK 2 is pissing me off right now, I can't understand damn controller modes.

Freaken A-Groove, S-Groove, and whatnot, wtf?!

JTchinoy

You have a long way to go if you can't even understand each groove.  :)

i think mikey can break it down for u.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

JohnnyAR

Quote from: JTchinoy on August 23, 2008, 12:17:16 PM
You have a long way to go if you can't even understand each groove.  :)

i think mikey can break it down for u.

Well I do know a little bit, like A-Groove is like the controls for Street Fighter Alpha.

But who is Mikey?

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

JohnnyAR

otakuapprentice

im just taking a shot in the dark on this, but aren't the different grooves like different styles, like one based towards tech-based moves, etc?
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

JohnnyAR

Kinda...

One groove is in style of the King of Fighters (or Fatal Fury) game

But some are just plain useless

otakuapprentice

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

I wrote this as an article on one of my old blogs because I had a lot of people asking what the grooves were. I think most of the info is right, I'm too lazy to check.

C, A, P are dashing grooves (Pressing forward twice or backward twice)

S, N, K are running grooves (Pressing forward twice, and hold for desired length of run)

C, A, N can perform a roll (By pressing lk and lp)

S can perform a dodge (By doing the same movement as roll)

C, A, S, N can perform an Alpha Counter (While blocking, press forward and mp, mk)

N can perform a Counter roll (While blocking, press forward or backwards and lk and lp)

P, S, N, K can perform small jump

C, S, P can perform a slow-get up (When on ground, press all 3 punches)

A, N, K can perform fast recovery (When about to hit ground press all 3 punches)

GROOVE BREAKDOWN

C-Groove

-3 level bar, can perform level 1,2,3 supers if built to the certain level

-Can perform Super Canceling which is performing a level 2 super, and canceling it with a special, or another level 1 super.

-Can block in the air

A-Groove

-2 level one bars, can only perform level 1 supers

-Can perform a Custom Combo (I will not be covering different CC's in this article)

-Has the smallest bar in the game

P-Groove

-One level 3 bar, can only perform level 3 supers

-Can perform a parry which is forward for high/mid attacks, and down for low attacks.

-The biggest bar in the game

S-Groove

-One level 1 bar, can only perform level 1 supers if bar is filled and not critical mode

-Can be in critical mode, which at a low life when your bar is flashing, can perform level 1 supers if not charged bar, or with a charged bar can perform level 3 supers

-Can perform dodge attacks, after dodging, you can press a punch or kick button to perform a dodge attack.

N-Groove

-3 level one bars, can only perform level 1 supers if not powered up

-Can go into a powered up mode, where you give a tiny bit more damage, and can perform level 3 supers. (Going into POW mode requires one bar)

K-Groove

-One level 3 bar, can only perform level 3 supers.

-Can only perform supers when raged, when you take a certain amount of hits, or you JD moves your bar pops, causing you to be raged.

-Can Just-Defend moves, by pressing back at the time of an attack, when JD'ing you gain a tiny bit of life and your rage bar goes up.

----

Anyways, I bet to differ that a groove in CvS2 is useless, they're all pretty good, and decent at most (Even S groove can mess people up badly, mostly gimmicks.) Also, I recommend not picking up CvS2 for serious play anymore, it's a dead game in tourneys, unless you're a member of a certain place in San Jose (Not disclosing in public)

Chun

Still playing quite a bit of melty, casually playing Third Strike to increase poking/throw/parry timings and strategies, and Arcana Heart.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Darryl Mendoza

I play Marvel vs Capcom 2, Guilty Gear AC, 3rd Strike, Arcana Heart, and a little bit of CvS2 competitively. I'll put money down for any game.

Teams & Characters I main for each:
MvC2: team Santhrax, Team Matrix (main)
GGAC: Slayer (main), Bridget, HOS
3rd Strike: Akuma, Makoto (main), Dudley
Arcana Heart: Aino (main), Saki, gothic loli (always forget how to spell her name)
CvS2: Dan, Sagat, Rock, Nakaruru, Evil Ryu, Akuma, Kyo, and many others.
Extra Fresh League
MvC2: Team Matrix, Team Santhrax
Guilty Gear Accent Core- Slayer, Bridget
Street Figther 3rd Strike- Makoto, Dudley, Akuma

Mizuki

Quote from: Darryl Mendoza on September 07, 2008, 08:46:29 PM
I play Marvel vs Capcom 2, Guilty Gear AC, 3rd Strike, Arcana Heart, and a little bit of CvS2 competitively. I'll put money down for any game.

Arcana Heart: Aino (main), Saki, gothic loli (always forget how to spell her name)

Uhhh, you are aware Evil Ryu is not allowed in CvS2, right? And I'm willing to take your offer on the CvS2 money.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Mizuki on September 07, 2008, 11:05:32 PM
Quote from: Darryl Mendoza on September 07, 2008, 08:46:29 PM

Uhhh, you are aware Evil Ryu is not allowed in CvS2, right? And I'm willing to take your offer on the CvS2 money.
i think he just mains with evil ryu outside of tournament play, and its damn fun watching people play in money matches.

PyronIkari

MM in 3s and CvS2? Sure. Hell, i'm willing to play Arcana for money too, even though I haven't played in forever.

Mizuki: we need to organize this... make a trip to SVGL or some shit. 100$ first to 10?

Mizuki

Quote from: PyronIkari on September 08, 2008, 01:37:32 PM
MM in 3s and CvS2? Sure. Hell, i'm willing to play Arcana for money too, even though I haven't played in forever.

Mizuki: we need to organize this... make a trip to SVGL or some shit. 100$ first to 10?

Or, NCR when it happens.

JohnnyAR

I wish I could play Guilty Gear, but I don't have a PS2, I heard its out (or going to be) on the Wii

QuoteDude I'll freaking rape you at that game!
Has anyone said that to you? 0.o

Mizuki

Quote from: JohnnyAR on September 08, 2008, 06:02:34 PM
I wish I could play Guilty Gear, but I don't have a PS2, I heard its out (or going to be) on the Wii

Already on the Wii.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Mizuki on September 08, 2008, 07:15:55 PM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on September 08, 2008, 06:02:34 PM

Already on the Wii.

*Writes Wii on Christmas list*