What game are you competitive on or working hard on?

Started by OniCourseMusha, June 14, 2008, 02:11:33 AM

otakuapprentice

Quote from: JohnnyAR on September 08, 2008, 09:58:17 PM
Quote from: Mizuki on September 08, 2008, 07:15:55 PM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on September 08, 2008, 06:02:34 PM
I wish I could play Guilty Gear, but I don't have a PS2, I heard its out (or going to be) on the Wii

QuoteDude I'll freaking rape you at that game!
Has anyone said that to you? 0.o

Already on the Wii.

*Writes Wii on Christmas list*
the only decent way to play Accent Core on the wii is with the arcade stick that Hori made for it; any other way just sucks.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Mizuki

Not to sure, but I heard you can use gamecube controllers, aka get a gamecube converter and viola.

Darryl Mendoza

Quote from: otakuapprentice on September 07, 2008, 11:14:02 PM
Quote from: Mizuki on September 07, 2008, 11:05:32 PM
Quote from: Darryl Mendoza on September 07, 2008, 08:46:29 PM
I play Marvel vs Capcom 2, Guilty Gear AC, 3rd Strike, Arcana Heart, and a little bit of CvS2 competitively. I'll put money down for any game.

Teams & Characters I main for each:
MvC2: team Santhrax, Team Matrix (main)
GGAC: Slayer (main), Bridget, HOS
3rd Strike: Akuma, Makoto (main), Dudley
Arcana Heart: Aino (main), Saki, gothic loli (always forget how to spell her name)
CvS2: Dan, Sagat, Rock, Nakaruru, Evil Ryu, Akuma, Kyo, and many others.

Uhhh, you are aware Evil Ryu is not allowed in CvS2, right? And I'm willing to take your offer on the CvS2 money.
i think he just mains with evil ryu outside of tournament play, and its damn fun watching people play in money matches.

Yeah, E. Ryu is just fun as hell to play.

My main team is usually Maki, Cammy, and either Terry or Kyo.
play around team is Akuma, E. Ryu, and Dan.

And I would play you Mizuki, but I now live in Colorado. dammit
Extra Fresh League
MvC2: Team Matrix, Team Santhrax
Guilty Gear Accent Core- Slayer, Bridget
Street Figther 3rd Strike- Makoto, Dudley, Akuma

JohnnyAR

My team for Marvel vs Capcom 2 is Iron Man, Morrigan, and Sakura.

Darryl Mendoza

Quote from: JohnnyAR on September 09, 2008, 10:13:17 PM

Iron Man: Great infinites, has an easy one- launcher, hold forward jump, lp, lp, lk, fp, repeat
              and also has a hard one- uhhhh...... in the air, mash buttons, fly, unfly, mash buttons, repeat.
Morrigan: the Magneto of capcom
Sakura: uhhhhh.... her 'upper' amazingly goes threw everything.

Overall, with the exception of Sakura, I think you have yourself a decent team.

For good vids of Iron Man, go watch "Illan" or "Killa Kelly" on youtube or something.

Good characters to look for in a team
Doom- has great assist (anti-air) and pairs great with Strider for 20% health chip damage
Strider- fast, can whiff a lot of moves, can OTG alot of his moves, combos really well into Doom's assist, and has a lot of mix up
Storm- fastest character in the game, easy combos that DO damage, and has a great mix up game
Magneto- the most infintes in a game.... EVER
T Bonne- Projectile assist is glitched and WILL KILL YOU when combo'ed
I would post a lot more, but then I would have enough to make an MvC2 thread.

If anyone wants more though, SRK. Or youtube tutorials, or you might just be able to get some info off of me if i know it.

edit again: if you play this game, play it on either the arcade cabs, or on the DC, the PS2 and x-box versions are NOT arcade perfect and are considered TRASH by pro players.
Extra Fresh League

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Darryl Mendoza on September 09, 2008, 10:28:14 PM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on September 09, 2008, 10:13:17 PM

Iron Man: Great infinites, has an easy one- launcher, hold forward jump, lp, lp, lk, fp, repeat
              and also has a hard one- uhhhh...... in the air, mash buttons, fly, unfly, mash buttons, repeat.

For good vids of Iron Man, go watch "Illan" or "Killa Kelly" on youtube or something.

Doom- has great assist (anti-air) and pairs great with Strider for 20% health chip damage
Strider- fast, can whiff a lot of moves, can OTG alot of his moves, combos really well into Doom's assist, and has a lot of mix up
Storm- fastest character in the game, easy combos that DO damage, and has a great mix up game

If anyone wants more though, SRK. Or youtube tutorials, or you might just be able to get some info off of me if i know it.

edit again: if you play this game, play it on either the arcade cabs, or on the DC, the PS2 and x-box versions are NOT arcade perfect and are considered TRASH by pro players.
*sheds a tear* i miss my Dreamcast......
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

PyronIkari

GGPO 3S 100$ right now. ... ... ...

Morrigan sucks in MvC2. Doom is a horrible assisst for anyone that isn't Sent or Strider. Strider is ONLY good with doom as an assisst, and if you have near flawless game play. Absolutely no one plays StriderxDoom anymore except for Clock. Storm is slower than Magneto... and Sentinel for that matter. Magneto doesn't have the most infinites in a game... ever. Seeing that COTA infinites or XvsSF infinite numbers are astronomical. There's a reason a lot of us call XvsSF a puzzle game... and not a fighting game. T.Bonne assist won't kill you, it's just extra damage since it doubles damage if your in hit stun when it hits you. PROBLEM... if you can't land it, you just wasted a slot where you could have had a good AA assist instead.

PS... DC VERSION ISN'T ARCADE PERFECT wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. It's just the CLOSEST thing to being arcade perfect that's out there. It's great how you don't list Sentinel, who is arguably best character in MvC2.

For someone offering money matches, you very much sound like a scrub.

Colorado? Where at. I'll have someone else MM you. I know plenty of people in Colorado.

Mizuki

Darryl Mendoza

Quote from: PyronIkari on September 10, 2008, 12:40:16 AM

Morrigan sucks in MvC2. Doom is a horrible assisst for anyone that isn't Sent or Strider. Strider is ONLY good with doom as an assisst, and if you have near flawless game play. Absolutely no one plays StriderxDoom anymore except for Clock. Storm is slower than Magneto... and Sentinel for that matter. Magneto doesn't have the most infinites in a game... ever. Seeing that COTA infinites or XvsSF infinite numbers are astronomical. There's a reason a lot of us call XvsSF a puzzle game... and not a fighting game. T.Bonne assist won't kill you, it's just extra damage since it doubles damage if your in hit stun when it hits you. PROBLEM... if you can't land it, you just wasted a slot where you could have had a good AA assist instead.

PS... DC VERSION ISN'T ARCADE PERFECT wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. It's just the CLOSEST thing to being arcade perfect that's out there. It's great how you don't list Sentinel, who is arguably best character in MvC2.

Colorado? Where at. I'll have someone else MM you. I know plenty of people in Colorado.

I didn't list sent because I was in a hurry. I think that Storm is faster than Mag, but the the way mag is played and how often he is used, he looks way faster. I live in Colorado Springs.

I'm not that great, but I can hold my own for a bit. I will put money down regardless if I'm better than you or not, I just like having fun and I still consider myself a scrub since I can't really practice anymore, my copy is gone, and my stick is broke, and I don't know a thing about making my own sticks.

A friend of mine uses team clockwork, but hes probably as good as clock jr from the vids I've seen of that guy.

I see what you mean from what you take in my posts and I was exxagerating a bit, but I still see your point. Great arguements. lol. You made me feel extra scruby.

Edit: Man..... I played recently, and a ffew months of NOT practicing made me play like shit. I can't play Sent as good anymore. I need a new stick, or a converter atleast, and also I need a copy again.
Extra Fresh League

Dominium

Competitive; Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP).
When it comes to fighting games, er... I'm a button-masher.
I'm playfully competitive -- I'm not a fan of people who are sore losers.

Working Hard On; Star Ocean 2.
Decided to replay it before it comes out on PSP (I'm sure I will, of course).
And my, *sigh~*, fifth time playing Eternal Sonata. Curse you Score Pieces. >: (
abnormally attracted to sin.

JTchinoy

is it possible to be competitive in an rpg?

in my opinion, a true competitive player is humble and has very good sportsmanship.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

Quote from: JTchinoy on September 10, 2008, 11:08:12 PM
is it possible to be competitive in an rpg?

in my opinion, a true competitive player is humble and has very good sportsmanship.

Uhhh... I think we all wish that, but in reality, it's not like that.

Devereaux

Shit made me chuckle, especially the the fact that anyone even takes that game seriously...oh and this:

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

...for the record, I'll MM anyone in Arcana or Melty. Bring that shit son, I could use that easy money.
I 'ctrl' through Visual Novels to collect CG's so I can trick people into thinking I actually played the game.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on September 10, 2008, 11:08:12 PM...in my opinion, a true competitive player is humble and has very good sportsmanship.
Damn fucken right!

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Tsubasa

Quote from: JTchinoy on September 10, 2008, 11:08:12 PMin my opinion, a true competitive player is humble and has very good sportsmanship.

IMO, a true competitive player wins.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Devereaux

I 'ctrl' through Visual Novels to collect CG's so I can trick people into thinking I actually played the game.

JTchinoy

Quote from: Tsubasa on September 11, 2008, 09:50:48 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on September 10, 2008, 11:08:12 PMin my opinion, a true competitive player is humble and has very good sportsmanship.

the best tekken player in the world is very humble, and he is very ignorant to his own global fame.  when i met him, he seemed like the kind of guy who was never done improving himself.  he'd find the most insignificant problem with his game and obsessively work to overcome it.  i'm just saying winning doesn't mean you should be arrogant and have an ego to boot.  i also think competitive gamers should never think they're "good enough".  once you say that, you're fucked.  ^_^

and yes, many gamers do fit the criteria i mentioned.  ;)  however, more do fit the arrogant, shit talking category. :(

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

^^ And on the other hand we have Justin Wong who isn't humble at all.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on September 12, 2008, 10:07:31 AM
Quote from: Tsubasa on September 11, 2008, 09:50:48 PM

the best tekken player in the world is very humble, and he is very ignorant to his own global fame.  when i met him, he seemed like the kind of guy who was never done improving himself.  he'd find the most insignificant problem with his game and obsessively work to overcome it.  i'm just saying winning doesn't mean you should be arrogant and have an ego to boot.  i also think competitive gamers should never think they're "good enough".  once you say that, you're fucked.  ^_^

and yes, many gamers do fit the criteria i mentioned.  ;)  however, more do fit the arrogant, shit talking category. :(

I wonder, what makes him the best player?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Devereaux on September 11, 2008, 03:52:31 AM
game seriously...oh and this:

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

...for the record, I'll MM anyone in Arcana. Bring that shit son, I could use that easy money.

When where and for how much?