August 15-16
House of Blues Hollywood
8430 Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069

http://www.glay.co.jp/cgi-bin/free/information/index.cgi
Nergene A.
-super-no1.com - (Owner)
-J!-ENT - (Staff Photographer)
-Cosplay Underground - (Cosplay pictorials)

Kazuko

Glay is hella old :d

I only liked one song from them That was two bell silence

Pika1979

didn't they did the opening for the anime Kaikan Phrase?

PyronIkari

Quote from: Pika1979 on June 15, 2008, 05:57:53 PM

Also known as one of the biggest bands of the 90's... period. Kids today, don't know music.

LastElixir

Quote from: PyronIkari on June 15, 2008, 10:31:04 PM
Quote from: Pika1979 on June 15, 2008, 05:57:53 PM

Also known as one of the biggest bands of the 90's... period. Kids today, don't know music.

what's your favorite song?

I guess mine is Kanojo no modern.
Although Glorious is a classic I really enjoy along with the whole Beat out album, However is overrated imo.

j

PyronIkari

Quote from: LastElixir on June 15, 2008, 10:59:10 PM

Although Glorious is a classic I really enjoy along with the whole Beat out album, However is overrated imo.

j

Yuuwaku, by far.

Pika1979

I do enjoy their music but I am not a huge fan. I will more than likely go depending on the ticket prices. Sure can't be more than the New Kids On The Block concert...

protocol7

Quote from: PyronIkari on June 15, 2008, 11:11:20 PM

j

Yuuwaku, by far.

Yuuwaku... Wow. Haven't heard that in forever, and just the mention of it brought back so many memories of how good the music was around that time :)

I need to go dig that one out of my collection now, also my favorite form them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm7mYZ_qjUY

Look at the crowd size, I've only seen that matched by X-Japan and L'arc-en-Ciel
FanimeCons resident zombie.
*I* MADE this happen!

PyronIkari

Quote from: protocol7 on June 17, 2008, 12:45:21 PM

j

Yuuwaku, by far.

Yuuwaku... Wow. Haven't heard that in forever, and just the mention of it brought back so many memories of how good the music was around that time :)

Look at the crowd size, I've only seen that matched by X-Japan and L'arc-en-Ciel

This has been coming up recently. X-Japan and L'arc are technically smaller than Glay. Neither X nor L'arc come close to sales of Glay or concert attendance. So I find it kinda funny when Glay is compared to those two bands. Realistically, in terms of pure rock bands(or light rock/accoustic, alternative etc.)... There's only really 4 really huge name bands that I can think of. Southern All-Stars, B'z, Glay, Mr. Children.They're the only bands to consistently have top ranked sales, Top ranked singles/albums/attendees etc.

protocol7

Quote from: PyronIkari on June 17, 2008, 01:11:01 PM
Quote from: protocol7 on June 17, 2008, 12:45:21 PM

j

Yuuwaku, by far.

This has been coming up recently. X-Japan and L'arc are technically smaller than Glay. Neither X nor L'arc come close to sales of Glay or concert attendance. So I find it kinda funny when Glay is compared to those two bands. Realistically, in terms of pure rock bands(or light rock/accoustic, alternative etc.)... There's only really 4 really huge name bands that I can think of. Southern All-Stars, B'z, Glay, Mr. Children.They're the only bands to consistently have top ranked sales, Top ranked singles/albums/attendees etc.

Ahhh, well, I'm just speaking from crowd sizes I've seen in concert clips. :)

And semi-on topic.. I have to say this is damn sexy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTBa68S57HQ
FanimeCons resident zombie.
*I* MADE this happen!

LastElixir

That is correct, as much as X is known to be one of the more influential, Glay IS the most successful vkei band in Japan. (As much as they aren't too vkei anymore). Jesus christ, their Review album sold like what? 5 million copies? They have pulled off a lot of things that many artists couldn't during their golden era ...L'arc is still pretty successful among the light rock genre though... As for popularity, more older artists like Chage & Aska (their older works had more rock elements, morning moon is a classic) and Wands comes to mind. Good times.

j

PyronIkari

Chage and Aska are so not rock though.

I was looking at the the best selling albums/singles of all time(Japan) last night. Kinda interesting. A lot of the groups that most people think are popular in Japan, really aren't. Like... L'arc's best selling album was barely in the top 60.  Kuraki Mai was in the top 20, X-wasn't even in the top 50 at all, Glay had 3 albums in the top 50, B'z had like 6. It's just funny how American's think so and so is popular in Japan, when they really aren't. Bands like Dir En Grey, Malice Mizer, Gackt's stuff, are no where near the top 250 at all.

LastElixir

Quote from: PyronIkari on June 17, 2008, 01:51:27 PM

I was looking at the the best selling albums/singles of all time(Japan) last night. Kinda interesting. A lot of the groups that most people think are popular in Japan, really aren't. Like... L'arc's best selling album was barely in the top 60.  Kuraki Mai was in the top 20, X-wasn't even in the top 50 at all, Glay had 3 albums in the top 50, B'z had like 6. It's just funny how American's think so and so is popular in Japan, when they really aren't. Bands like Dir En Grey, Malice Mizer, Gackt's stuff, are no where near the top 250 at all.

Most American usually don't know the popular big names in Japan, and they won't ever get the chance to get any real exposure to it, they would just think Utada and Amuro. It's funny that so many people know Amuro but not many people have listened to Globe. I mean, how many Americans have ever listened to Zard? Not many.

j

PyronIkari

Quote from: LastElixir on June 17, 2008, 02:19:58 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on June 17, 2008, 01:51:27 PM

Most American usually don't know the popular big names in Japan, and they won't ever get the chance to get any real exposure to it, they would just think Utada and Amuro. It's funny that so many people know Amuro but not many people have listened to Globe. I mean, how many Americans have ever listened to Zard? Not many.

j

GLOBE \o/

They're ranked incredibly high funnilly. I've loved Globe since I first heard Departures, then Love Again.

LastElixir

Departures! man, what a great classic.

I think my personal favorite is Freedom, although Departures and Feel like Dance (theme for "hitori ni shinaide", great drama imo) are up there on my list.

j

yumicchi88

my favorite is HOWEVER,   and   Winter, again!

Especially HOWEVER is a special song for me.

I am excited about the live in CA!!
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

jemz

I'm so excited about their upcoming concerts in the States! :D

I totally wanted to be one of the thousands in that crowd at their GLAY EXPO 2004 at Universal Studios Japan. *________*
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って