alright :/
10 (10.6%)
it failed DX
1 (1.1%)
didn't go
49 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

EeveeGirl101

QuoteT_T  I loved that series when I was growing up.  Granted, I read them on my own and I connected to a lot of it (I'm Jewish, and my parents were both immigrants) and I adore historical fiction, but ... *sniffle*

Please, ignore my Imouto-chan's little brain. She hates reading in general- all books bore her to death. In fact, there hasn't been one book she's actually sincerely enjoyed reading. On another matter........you're Jewish?! You don't know how happy I am to hear that I'm not the only Jewish cosplayer here.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Charis

Oh, Yuu -- as Byakuya, you should know: 100 years does not an old captain make! :P

Quote from: Inu-Chan on February 20, 2009, 10:37:08 AM
I'm sry (i'm jewish to) it's just taking me so long and I dislike reading. :-[

It's okay, I'm not offended -- I'm a total bookworm, and very good at forgetting not everyone is.  (Didn't do much TV growing up and no video game system.  Old captain is old, yes indeed!)

And Eevee: I was raised Jewish, yes (conservative-reform, if that makes sense), but I consider myself much more culturally Jewish than religiously observant now.  Still, bat mitzvahed and all growing up, still have all the important parts of the holidays -- hello, food!  XD -- and I actually speak Hebrew, albeit not to well, as my first language.  (My younger sister, who'll be with me at Fanime, is the observant one of the generation. XD )
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

EeveeGirl101

QuoteAnd Eevee: I was raised Jewish, yes (conservative-reform, if that makes sense), but I consider myself much more culturally Jewish than religiously observant now.  Still, bat mitzvahed and all growing up, still have all the important parts of the holidays -- hello, food!  XD -- and I actually speak Hebrew, albeit not to well, as my first language.  (My younger sister, who'll be with me at Fanime, is the observant one of the generation. XD )

You can speak it? Gah, even though I attend Sunday school, I can hardly speak a word of it. Myabe it would help a bit if our teacher's accent wasn't so thick? Whatever, it's still fun to catch all the typos he makes on our homework! And I don't think I'm going to get bat mitzvahed. It's not that I can't- I just hate studying.

The food? OH HECK YES. Jewish food for the win! Especially latkes with applesauce....mmm......

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on February 20, 2009, 10:06:37 AM
Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on February 20, 2009, 08:28:09 AM
Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on February 20, 2009, 12:28:49 AM
new chapter is finally out!
yay for more reference pictures XD
omg I read the new chapter around midnight this morning. I'm worried, Ichigo is seems so far behind all the villans in the series. How can he possibly be stronger to save his family and friends. What will he have to do to gain more power...if he can gain it.

i love this icon, it makes me happy XD

^__^ Glad to brighten your day Yukari. hehe.

@Yuu- LMAO "I need to save everyone because Im Jeesus" SERIOUSLY. Its so sad that its true. XD
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

sael

Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on February 20, 2009, 10:58:39 AM
@Yuu- LMAO "I need to save everyone because Im Jeesus" SERIOUSLY. Its so sad that its true. XD

It's the sad fact of most shonen manga. Actually, I enjoyed the Naruto chapter this week since Naru was getting owned big time, death being imminent - not because I hate the character but because it's a rare occurrence. Same goes for Ichigo in this week's chapter. But now it's inevitable that they'll gain more power.

I swear they level up more than pokemon  :-\

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: chaosbark on February 20, 2009, 11:19:12 AM
Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on February 20, 2009, 10:58:39 AM

It's the sad fact of most shonen manga. Actually, I enjoyed the Naruto chapter this week since Naru was getting owned big time, death being imminent - not because I hate the character but because it's a rare occurrence. Same goes for Ichigo in this week's chapter. But now it's inevitable that they'll gain more power.

I swear they level up more than pokemon  :-\

Yeah. This week chapters really good. Naruto was very interesting this week. *sighs* I wonder how Ichigo/Naru is gonna get out of this.
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

WrentheFaceless

@fanime: They were both good chapters this week, tho Pain's real body needs a sandwich or something

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: WrentheFaceless on February 20, 2009, 11:58:27 AM
@fanime: They were both good chapters this week, tho Pain's real body needs a sandwich or something
wait-wha?!? LOL. A sandwich!? XD He's needs more then just Lunch food. He needs Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, and desert. lol
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

trupnoi

i'm gonna be really suprised if captain mom is the one going to beat bat-car

Charis

(I cheat: my mother is Israeli, and my parents met at college in Israel.  Hebrew was my first language.  I'll tell you, though, that means I have a pretty funny accent when I try to speak Japanese.)

Quote from: trupnoi on February 20, 2009, 12:38:51 PM
i'm gonna be really suprised if captain mom is the one going to beat bat-car

Yeah.  But as long as she gets to kick someone's tush!  (And we get back to the Trouble Twins and their duels at some point as well.)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

WrentheFaceless

@Fanime: Ok many many sandwiches ;p

@Charis: She needs to fight, although her beating up bat-car would be funny, and yes more Shunsui/Ukitake is needed

waffle-lover26

(I'm trying to get bat'mitzvahed right now, darn you torah portion!)

My prediction: Ichigo is either going to
A, Get a shitload of power from out of nowhere
B, Die
C, Be saved by all the captains (WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY?)
or
D, Eats the cero and says it tastes like chicken
Personally I'm hoping for D...
I used to keep an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.
If you don't like my driving, than get off the sidewalk.

*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

EeveeGirl101

QuotePersonally I'm hoping for D...

C for me. Come on captains! Fight back!

fanime_lo-ve

I thought these were awesome XD
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on February 20, 2009, 05:55:17 PM

lol why does that first one so remind me of Harry Potter?
Shinji took his invisibility cloak and Aizen is really Harry XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

waffle-lover26

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on February 20, 2009, 09:35:26 PM

That comment reminded me of a crappy little oneshot where Aizen was Harry's older brother and saved him from Lord Moldy-warts ^^'  I also have another story where Ulquiorra is harry (He has black, messy hair, green eyes, and a tuft of hair covers where the scar would be XD) Haven't updated that one in months, too lazy to finish it, guess it makes a good oneshot...
I used to keep an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.
If you don't like my driving, than get off the sidewalk.

*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: waffle-lover26 on February 20, 2009, 10:23:54 PM
Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on February 20, 2009, 09:35:26 PM

That comment reminded me of a crappy little oneshot where Aizen was Harry's older brother and saved him from Lord Moldy-warts ^^'  I also have another story where Ulquiorra is harry (He has black, messy hair, green eyes, and a tuft of hair covers where the scar would be XD) Haven't updated that one in months, too lazy to finish it, guess it makes a good oneshot...

ah~ Crossovers. I find it really hard to read fanfictions when they have crossovers.

-Your user name is making me hungry waffle-lover. :3
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

MidnightRosebud

Sweeet~

I still need to see these in the actual episode! XDD
And read the manga....>.>.....
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

WrentheFaceless

@Fanime: You're right..I want some waffles now..

@Midnight: You poor deprived child =/

Yukari Kaiba

had a sudden thought when I was reading the posts regarding whether Unohana might be the one to defeat Ulquiorra...
sorta kinda makes sense if they did end up fighting each other - they both hold the 4th position in their respective groups (4th Captain, the 4th Espada). and I think she's the only captain who's in HM right now who hasn't actually fought anybody yet, since Mayuri fought Szayel and Byakuya fought Zommari.

just a thought.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)