alright :/
10 (10.6%)
it failed DX
1 (1.1%)
didn't go
49 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

kakashifangurl1

Aww man soo many cosplays to do for Fanime 2010 (already?) but Today was my b day and I got $70 for cosplay stuff but i really dont think thats gonna cover all 5 er 6 costumes planned

billgoku

Quote from: kakashifangurl1 on June 15, 2009, 12:20:51 AM
Aww man soo many cosplays to do for Fanime 2010 (already?) but Today was my b day and I got $70 for cosplay stuff but i really dont think thats gonna cover all 5 er 6 costumes planned

Happy Birthday then, If I would of known I would of wished you earlier.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

Yuu

Quote from: ININ on June 14, 2009, 02:53:13 AM
Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on June 09, 2009, 06:25:27 PM
is the article online by any chance?

Quote from: EeveeGirl101 on June 12, 2009, 02:49:45 PM
@ININ: Really? Awesome! I can't wait to see how it turns out, then! Allen, you say? I'm fairly sure Waffle may want to snag a picture with an Allen at the con, anyhow; she's been trying to convince some of her friends to get in to D.Gray-man, and she probably is hoping one of them'll crossplay as Allen.

As of now, Allen is the best character I relate to ^__^  I'm going to AX and I look for D.Gray Man books, posters, anything with good reference pics to make the cosplay.

Grr...Im forever cursed to miss out on the D Gray -action. Im not going to AX.

It recently occured to me that I have not even seen 1/3 of D Gray man. I started watching more of it and a thought occured; the Noah, who are supposed to be so very evil..are the most retarded characters in the show...and that is a feat.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

kakashifangurl1

Quote from: billgoku on June 15, 2009, 02:26:05 AM
Quote from: kakashifangurl1 on June 15, 2009, 12:20:51 AM

Happy Birthday then, If I would of known I would of wished you earlier.
Thank you ^^ Proof that im a super obsessive geek: I just realized that my birthday is Rukia's half-birthday  :o (January 14th-June 14th)

@Yuu I'm not going to AX either (but I don't know to be happy or cry lol)

waffle-lover26

Quote from: Yuu on June 15, 2009, 08:42:23 AM
Quote from: ININ on June 14, 2009, 02:53:13 AM
Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on June 09, 2009, 06:25:27 PM
is the article online by any chance?

Quote from: EeveeGirl101 on June 12, 2009, 02:49:45 PM
@ININ: Really? Awesome! I can't wait to see how it turns out, then! Allen, you say? I'm fairly sure Waffle may want to snag a picture with an Allen at the con, anyhow; she's been trying to convince some of her friends to get in to D.Gray-man, and she probably is hoping one of them'll crossplay as Allen.

As of now, Allen is the best character I relate to ^__^  I'm going to AX and I look for D.Gray Man books, posters, anything with good reference pics to make the cosplay.

It recently occured to me that I have not even seen 1/3 of D Gray man. I started watching more of it and a thought occured; the Noah, who are supposed to be so very evil..are the most retarded characters in the show...and that is a feat.

Yes they are. But atleast its easy to make fun of their names~!
Road Parkinglot and Tyki Milk
I used to keep an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.
If you don't like my driving, than get off the sidewalk.

*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

sael

Quote from: EeveeGirl101 on June 12, 2009, 09:37:24 AM
@ Chaosbark:

Yeah, we decided to go through with the idea, and even attempt a photoshoot at a park or something when we finish, or at least get our wigs, which we're going to base on these two awesome D.Gray-man cosplay videos we found on Youtube. One with Lavi, Kanda, and Allen on a children's playground, and another with just Lavi and Kanda having fun while in cosplay. xD So, the wig just stays on? Or do you need to glue it to some kind of a hair-net thing? Ack, there should really be a 'wig guide for newbies' somewhere. @~@

Sorry, I totally missed your question. Hair net is to keep your hair under control/help to hide it under the wig. I've seen people go without it, but many people like to use them no matter what. A hair net is really helpful when you're going from black to white/lighter hair as it allows you to (if you take the time) hide all of the loose hair. It helps to keep long hair under the wig too. If you can pull back all of your hair without it, then a hair net might not be necessary (though I still use one with my short hair). Using one is up to you. Net may come with the wig, if not they're relatively cheap at the store (hair aisle).

If you adjust the wig right (there are loops/hooks on the back portion), it pretty much just stays on. I'm not sure how well this pertains to long wigs as all of mine are shoulder-length or shorter. Perhaps someone else would like to give some advice.

Yukari Kaiba

I highly encourage the use of wig caps - it keeps your hair from sticking out underneath your wig, and also provides wig pins/ bobby pins something to hold on to should you need them to help keep your wig on.

so I'm thinking of starting the 2010 thread sometime tomorrow - let me know if you guys want me to, and ill create the new thread and lock this one.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Yuu

Quote from: waffle-lover26 on June 15, 2009, 08:10:14 PM

As of now, Allen is the best character I relate to ^__^  I'm going to AX and I look for D.Gray Man books, posters, anything with good reference pics to make the cosplay.

[/quote]

Yes they are. But atleast its easy to make fun of their names~!
Road Parkinglot and Tyki Milk
[/quote]

At first I only like two chaarcters. Kanda ( Favorite chaarcter of all everything) and Tyki. The remaining cats is just too retarded. A few others have grown on me since then, butn ot many.  ( Hate Komui so hard)

Tiky's name needs no changes to be funny. I can believe that they were normal  humans at one point in, Im suppoed to believe that  those are their origional human names?

Slightly related note- I wish I had been wearing my Kanda cotusme yetserday. ( Its comfy so I wear it around ) we went to the lake and found 'those flowers what dont exist ( I always thought Lotus were fictional)   
There was no bridge to the other side so I went to find one. I didnt, but there was one single flower on my side..just down a cliff.
So, in my short, fancy business skirt with my silk chinese blouse and flimsy chinese slippers I jumped the fence, climbed through a forest of blackbarries, over some dead trees jumped into the lake and nearly drowned trying to pull it out of the water.
When I returned to Paul I was all bloody and scared ( the yuppies thought Id been atatcked b ya dog)  soaking wet with blackberries stuck in my skin and hair but I had a pretty flower- wich I had to protect form the dogs trying to eat it -_-;

Very long story short-woulda been best Kanda pic EVAR.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

Yukari Kaiba

ok guys, new thread is up!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12797.0.html

now closing this one! Thanks for making 2009's gathering super awesome, and lets now plan for another fantastic one for 2010!
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)