Dragon Ninja

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

chumichan

@Dragon Ninja: That looks pretty nice, but $103 isn't worth it lol `=`;

and my mom doesn't want to make an eBay account for some reason..
Cosplay for FanimeCon 2009:
> Trucy Wright
> Rin Kagamine (Gekokujou) ?
> Chrome Dokuro (yukata) ? ?
> Seychelles ? ? ?
> Neku Sakuraba ? ? ? ?

Runewitt

that actually looks pretty easy to make.
sealed zanpukto are easy to do, the hardest bit is if it has a unique hand-gaurd, trying to get it on without breaking.. o.o; happened a few times to me this sping.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Spalding

Hello everyone, the bleach Gathering 08 was awesome and I have a good time.  ;D

So Yukari, sign me up. I be Aizen (Arrancar ver.).  :)

Is all about anime and fanime.

chumichan

Oh yay, a Hueco Mundo!Aizen haha~

I wonder if there will be an Aizen-fukutaichou at Fanime.. =v= ♥
Cosplay for FanimeCon 2009:
> Trucy Wright
> Rin Kagamine (Gekokujou) ?
> Chrome Dokuro (yukata) ? ?
> Seychelles ? ? ?
> Neku Sakuraba ? ? ? ?

userpay

Hello again, I haven't been around for awhile but I'll try to remember this thing :P Ok two things before I go to church.

One, I'm presuming those wedding pictures from '08 were never posted?

Second, on the topic of the pinata if I go this year I could bring my metal swords again (might make wooden ones by that time but not likely) and we use those to wack the pinata. The swords were okayed for '08 and I have papers from the dealer that conferms the metal is safe and unsharpenable, the metal would hold up better than the wood/plastic/ect that your guy's swords are made out of. The thing is we might want to get more than one pinata since a sword, metal or not, would probably go through a pinata easier than the normally used bat would.

Yuu

Quote from: chumichan on June 30, 2008, 11:05:12 PM
@Yuu: Ohoho, I should definitely use fake blood ♥ But I think I could buy my own `u`

That reminds me, I should make Gin's zanpakutou. Now I really have to go to the chess game!

Um, how do you guys make your zanpakutou? I have no idea how to work with wood.

I was thinking of cardboard or papier-mache or model magic but I dunno lol 3___3

Oookay so much to reply to. This could take a while.

I've been a bit busy with homework. I was supposed to write three case reports but I forgot which was the third one so I just did them all.

I don't make my Zanpakutos, Paul does because he is a freakin genius ( everyone thinks hed be a better Maiyuri than Byakuya)  he just gets a stick of would and uses a power grinder..thing to make the edge.
He makes the coolest tsubas. He gets some sort of plastic and uses the lazer cutter at his work to shape them.

Note: His tsuba is plated with the gold left over from one of the other machines.

BunofGovt

Quote from: userpay on July 06, 2008, 10:28:44 AM
Hello again, I haven't been around for awhile but I'll try to remember this thing :P Ok two things before I go to church.

Second, on the topic of the pinata if I go this year I could bring my metal swords again (might make wooden ones by that time but not likely) and we use those to wack the pinata. The swords were okayed for '08 and I have papers from the dealer that conferms the metal is safe and unsharpenable, the metal would hold up better than the wood/plastic/ect that your guy's swords are made out of. The thing is we might want to get more than one pinata since a sword, metal or not, would probably go through a pinata easier than the normally used bat would.

Would a bokken work better than a flat sword?
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Yuu

Quote from: BunofGovt on July 06, 2008, 01:13:09 PM
Quote from: userpay on July 06, 2008, 10:28:44 AM

Would a bokken work better than a flat sword?

Yes, that would be ideal.

Just because you have 'papers' that state it is okay to carry them does not by any means mean it is okay to swing them around. Brandishing of any weapon is strictly prohibited.

I'm fairly certain that 'live steel' must be sheathed at all times. Their lenient on that for pictures, but if your caught swinging around a metal sword they wont be anymore.

Ah..now that I've finally finihsed with all 8 case briefings  I can finish my replies.

Runewitt - Holy crap the tsuba on Renji's sword is a total bitch to make! Even on the epic lazer cutter, it had to be redone a few times. It's very detailed and..symmetric.

Fanime- lover: Okay, but before you do, I need an epic Shihoin-grade shank to deal with the other brat XP

Chumi- Any hall will do. Hell, you can take a picture at home and I can modify it will photo shop.

mochisnack

I'm thinking about cosplaying Rukia in her Karakura High uniform [winter].
I might have an Orihime with me, too :D

Fanime 2013 Lineup *TENTATIVE*
Friday: Irabu Ichirou, Hakaba Kitaro
Saturday: XIAH Junsu "Tarantallegra",Hagane Miku
Sunday: Ciel Phantomhive, Yuzuriha Inori
Monday: Tachibana Mei

Runewitt

Quote from: Yuu on July 06, 2008, 01:22:46 PM

Runewitt - Holy crap the tsuba on Renji's sword is a total bitch to make! Even on the epic lazer cutter, it had to be redone a few times. It's very detailed and..symmetric.
have you considered making it out of wood and using carbon paper to trace the design and a dremel for the detail work?

ToshiX

AOI just got back from ax X_X
dead tired but
what is the topic on now lol.
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Yuu

Quote from: Runewitt on July 07, 2008, 06:22:48 PM
Quote from: Yuu on July 06, 2008, 01:22:46 PM

have you considered making it out of wood and using carbon paper to trace the design and a dremel for the detail work?

I have but apparently lazer saws MUST used whenever the option arises.  *Flips through law books* They lied to me! >_<

Anyway, I do have one, it was just a pain to make.

Runewitt

funfun.

actually, i should be working on a new Hollow mask, the last one broke, and i'd like to have one for the next con i go to.

Yukari Kaiba

woooo got back from AX yesterday, glad to see the thread was busy while i was gone =D debuted my Arrancarized Renji Abarai variant (kimu took pictures of it so hopefully i can show you guys what it looks like).
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

kimu

yes! I have pics! There's one of you and me facing off with our swords that came out AWESOME Yukari!!!!

At least the Fanime boards are back up! Here's the Bleach pics I have from AX.
Note that I only got to wear my Ukitake on Day 1, so I only have some things from the mini gathering on Thursday. And only what I was able to take or someone I could hand my camera to. I don't have the group shots. :(

But I have some of Yukari's new Renji!

And I had a way too sadly short visit at the start of the Bleach gathering on Saturday. But my surprise to Captain Mom was great fun!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v503/taleoryn/Anime%20Expo%2008%20Bleach/

Dragon Ninja

I just finished making Hisagomaru and will start painting it. I've got a black wig that I wore as L which I'll trim to make it more like Hanataro's hair, sandals that I purchased at the Dealer's Room at Fanime, and socks I purchased on eBay. All I need left to finish the costume is get a Soul Reaper outfit and the Squad 4 medical bag.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

luluuxduplica1223

I'll try to make it as Momo.^.^
Proud member of  Moral Insanity Cosplay group :D
http://moralinsanitycosplay.deviantart.com/
My deviantart:
http://luluuxduplica1223.deviantart.com/

*Organizer of the Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Gravity Falls, and Wonderland gathering at Fanime Con 2013! :D*

ToshiX

Quote from: Dragon Ninja on July 02, 2008, 09:02:53 PM
@chumichan-If you want to get Gin's Zanpakuto, you could check eBay.

Here's one you could check out: http://cgi.ebay.com/Bleach-Ichimaru-Gin-cosplay-sword-Shinsou-Spear-God_W0QQitemZ260235580029QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260235580029&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

-whistles-
you can buy the replica for less then half that price @_@
and you could make it too ^ ^
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: midori-chaan on June 23, 2008, 12:09:27 PM
Hmmm.
Bleach gathering '08=OMFG SQUEE FUNESS.
Well, IDK yet, but I might try and be Izuzu--ack Izuru-- or young Yoruichi.....or Shinigami Lisa but I'm aiming for Lisa so yeah. D:
Hurrhurr.

O.O There might me two of me next year!?! ^o^ Awesome! Go Lisa Yadomaru's!!! >>.<<
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy