it failed DX
1 (1.1%)
didn't go
49 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Yuu

Quote from: ToshiX on August 05, 2008, 02:29:11 PM
I would go to sac-anime but it's the same weekend as Anime -Vegas ;D

I know, it's so lame! I really want to go to anime Vegas. It seems to be one of the few conventions left that does emphasize 'family friendly'. 

From what I read last year they have what is essentially a 'get wasted with the Guests' event.
I would love to go drinking with JYB. I may hate Ichigo but Bosch is just awesome and he wont go to AX anymore.

I'm not going sac-anime, but Kumori con is also the same weekend.  *siiigh*

ToshiX

Ya but I'm not 21 but I did get to hang out with the 21 plus guest but didn't drink XP
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Charis

Kumoricon for me as well -- because my Seattle family might kill me if I didn't, and it's the only time outside of Sakuracon that I'll get to see my punk-ass big brother and dook him for his michief.  :D

I still need to wash out and restyle my Unohana wig.  Thinking about trying to put some hair glue in it this time, to control the blasted flyaways -- something, at any rate ...
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on August 04, 2008, 08:10:02 PM
Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on August 03, 2008, 10:51:27 PM
HEEEEEEEEEEEEY 8D

I'm back ^^ Disneyland was awesome and magical and amazing as always. Even ran into a Bleach fan while my sister and I were in line for the Indiana Jones ride (they saw my Grimmjow and Ulquiorra keychains on my bag and were like "omg you like Bleach?" and we had like a good 10-15 minute chat while in line XD).

anyways did i miss much, other than the talk over the disturbing character that is DragQueen-car? lol

Welcome Back! TT.TT We missed you!

And no...you didn't miss much other than everyone's freak-out/astonishment of afore-mentioned newly introduced character.

I luv meeting random strangers who like the same anime as me! XD
It's awesome! >.<
I had that at the midnight release of "Breaking Dawn." Except mine was a Kakashi-sensei keychain, and CardCaptor Sakura pin. =D

@ Everyone
Anyone going to Sac Anime?

hey you're a Twilight fan! me too :D except i was in LA when the midnight release party happened and i totally missed it DX but i have the book now :D
oh and I'm going to SacAnime too! got invited to be in the Cosplay Fashion Show, actually =D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Yukari Kaiba

wow, bit quiet around here oo!......
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Charis

I'm going mildly bonkers trying to finish up projects for Kumoricon (including restyling my Captain Mom wig), and majorly bonkers at work.  T_T  That's my excuse.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Runewitt

i'm um.. er... recooperating from TnT, trying to find a new job, broke, and wishing i could just sit down and make a new menos mask, for mine got all cracked when i threw it off at fanime.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Dragon Ninja

I've been busy getting ready to go back to college in the fall and I haven't updated on making my costume.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on August 08, 2008, 11:06:44 PM
hey you're a Twilight fan! me too :D except i was in LA when the midnight release party happened and i totally missed it DX but i have the book now :D
oh and I'm going to SacAnime too! got invited to be in the Cosplay Fashion Show, actually =D

I just finished the book a couple of days ago (my mom stole it from me and read most of it first T.T). Have you read it yet? I was ecstatic about the entire book; beginning to end, it was wonderful.

Awesome! Which day(s) are you going to Sac Anime? And who(m) are you cosplaying as?
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

Kanzake

I've been working, getting ready for college again D: and making props. Busybusybusy XD

Psst i wont be doing Pantera this year. in 2010 probably :)
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

Yuu

Huh. I just finished school. I have an entire month off, dammit. I'm going to go crazy with nothing to do.

I can't wait until the grades are posted (  a whole two weeks! I want them now!) I don't think I did very well on the final, but at the end of class my instructor gave me her business card saying " Keep this. I do give recommendations" I'm pretty sure that's a good sign.

Aside from that, I have more stuff to finish before Kumoricon than I realized. It always pops up at the last minute I swear.>_<

Spalding

Will I'm going back to college  D: I hope everyone have a good summer. I will see everybody later.  :)
Is all about anime and fanime.

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on August 15, 2008, 04:21:39 PM
Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on August 08, 2008, 11:06:44 PM

I just finished the book a couple of days ago (my mom stole it from me and read most of it first T.T). Have you read it yet? I was ecstatic about the entire book; beginning to end, it was wonderful.

Awesome! Which day(s) are you going to Sac Anime? And who(m) are you cosplaying as?

not yet - I want to finish rereading Eclipse first (that and I'm also in the middle of a James Herriot book right now). but i can't wait to read it. excited about the upcoming movie?
I'll definitely be there sunday (got asked to be BANKAI!Renji for the cosplay fashion show), and i should be there saturday too (not sure cause its Art & Soul Festival that weekend in Oakland and The Matches are playing, last show for their bassist too D: but i need to find out what day they are playing..). If i'm there saturday ill be either Arrancar!Renji or just regular Renji.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

ToshiX

I was at the twilight book release party XP
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Yuu

What is this 'Twilight'  I keep hearing about?

It's being talked about on all my forums but I've never heard of it.

ToshiX

its a book series
about romance and vampires lol I got dragged to read the first biut I ended up liking it ><
movie coming out too
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: ToshiX on August 15, 2008, 10:10:46 PM
I was at the twilight book release party XP

gahh i was totally meaning to go to that but i totally forgot that i would be in disneyland at the time >< oh well at least ill be at the midnight showing for the movie 8D
personally though I think someone else should be playing Edward in the movie, Cedric Diggory (no idea what the actor's name is, just calling him Cedric cause thats who he played in HP4) isn't how i imagined Edward looking at all /:
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

ToshiX

well I'll decide if he fits the look after I see if he is able to play the part right XP
but ya I may go to the mid-night showing too
man I wish they have the pre-view nights ><
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on August 15, 2008, 09:09:09 PM
not yet - I want to finish rereading Eclipse first (that and I'm also in the middle of a James Herriot book right now). but i can't wait to read it. excited about the upcoming movie?
I'll definitely be there sunday (got asked to be BANKAI!Renji for the cosplay fashion show), and i should be there saturday too (not sure cause its Art & Soul Festival that weekend in Oakland and The Matches are playing, last show for their bassist too D: but i need to find out what day they are playing..). If i'm there saturday ill be either Arrancar!Renji or just regular Renji.

The movie? Only so-so. After the way they destroyed (my personal opinion) the Harry Potter books after the second movie I am not so ecstatic about seeing beloved books turning into movies. ^.^;;
But I am definitely going to give it a go, and see it anyways. XD

Awesome! I really hope to see you Saturday, if not, have fun. ^__^
We've tossed the idea around of going on Sunday as well, but I have no idea if we're going to go through it or not...>.>....

@ToshiX
I went to a midnight release party too! >.< But the average age was about 14-15 and they were nuts! @.@ I think my ears are still ringing from their shrieks when 12am rolled around. -twitches-
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

userpay

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on August 16, 2008, 09:17:48 AM
Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on August 15, 2008, 09:09:09 PM

The movie? Only so-so. After the way they destroyed (my personal opinion) the Harry Potter books after the second movie I am not so ecstatic about seeing beloved books turning into movies. ^.^;;
But I am definitely going to give it a go, and see it anyways. XD

Awesome! I really hope to see you Saturday, if not, have fun. ^__^
We've tossed the idea around of going on Sunday as well, but I have no idea if we're going to go through it or not...>.>....

@ToshiX
I went to a midnight release party too! >.< But the average age was about 14-15 and they were nuts! @.@ I think my ears are still ringing from their shrieks when 12am rolled around. -twitches-
Don't even talk about bad book turned movies... they totally buchered Eragon, the Potter movies were so so.