1 (1.1%)
didn't go
49 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

chumichan

Quote from: nycmimo on August 24, 2008, 07:44:45 AM
I have no clue what to cosplay as >.<

Hmm... love Bleach though.

It's a long ways until Fanime 09 and there's plenty of characters to choose from! : D
What if you maybe posted a picture of yourself, and we could suggest a cosplay?
Cosplay for FanimeCon 2009:
> Trucy Wright
> Rin Kagamine (Gekokujou) ?
> Chrome Dokuro (yukata) ? ?
> Seychelles ? ? ?
> Neku Sakuraba ? ? ? ?

Charis

Second annual Fanime captains' dinner?  XD

(Captain Mom approved.  All the little shinigami need to remember to eat!)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: chumichan on August 24, 2008, 05:57:29 PM

It's a long ways until Fanime 08, and there's plenty of characters to choose from! : D

Ummm...you mean 2009, correct? >.<

@ Everyone

Captain's Dinner, huh?
I'm not a Captain though....T.T....
-le sigh-
Hmmm....maybe a crashing is in order here....>.>.....
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

kimu

The Captain's Dinner was an impromptu kind of thing....it was in the evening.
There was Unohana, Byakuya, young Byakuya (hence Future Captain), myself as Ukitake, and a 4th Squad representative. We were there, we were hungry...so we went to get food.
That's why it got jokingly referred to as a Captain's Dinner, because there were so many Captains.

But like a ship's Captain's table, there are guests invited that to table that aren't captains...so...I'd say anyone that wanted to just meet up for dinner while we're still in our Bleach garb would be fine. Depending on how it worked out with everyone's plans while at the con.
;)

The key point is that what Yuu said is true. So many fun people at the Bleach gathering that you can enjoy the games like frisbee or chess if they do that again, set up crazy fun photo ops or serious re-enactment shots...be in the main gathering, the secondary gathering for the 'break out' shot's like the squad pics, and then hang out with those who's company you enjoy after that, too. Go shop the dealer's room or view the artists' work.
Everyone that I met was very nice to each other about costumes, helpful, encouraging, and nice to hang out with.
I'm looking forward to the fun again next year.

ToshiX

O I see I was like when was the first dinner XP
but it be cool 2nd annual captains dinner
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

MidnightRosebud

@ kimu

-applauds- Well said! >.<

I can't wait until next year as well! Only...nine months...and one week! 8D
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: Charis on August 24, 2008, 06:13:06 PM

I highly endorse this, as if it weren't for Captain Mom on sunday evening I think I would have passed out after the chess game DX
but I like the idea of a Captain's Dinner! gives me reason to rework my Byakuya (which I havent worn in such a long time). Still not sure who I'll be wearing to the gathering XD but no matter, the idea of eating out with friends in Bleach cosplay is enough incentive for me to go =D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Dragon Ninja

I like the idea of us all having a picnic lunch.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

billgoku

Quote from: ToshiX on August 24, 2008, 04:38:19 PM
I'm down with the captain dinner

I'm down with that too, even though my cosplay wont be a captain. lol I'd hope I could join. :P
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

Yuu

Oi!  If I eat too much I'll get fat and slow! Then I'll never catch the damned cat demon! Is THAT what you want?!

Seriously, frisbee and the shoot would have been far moe enjoyable had I not been dealing with a migraine the size of Kurosakis ego.

Quote from: kimu on August 24, 2008, 09:08:20 PM
There was Unohana, Byakuya, young Byakuya (hence Future Captain), myself as Ukitake, and a 4th Squad representative. We were there, we were hungry...so we went to get food.
That's why it got jokingly referred to as a Captain's Dinner, because there were so many Captains.

But like a ship's Captain's table, there are guests invited that to table that aren't captains...so...I'd say anyone that wanted to just meet up for dinner while we're still in our Bleach garb would be fine. Depending on how it worked out with everyone's plans while at the con.
;)

The key point is that what Yuu said is true. So many fun people at the Bleach gathering that you can enjoy the games like frisbee or chess if they do that again, set up crazy fun photo ops or serious re-enactment shots...be in the main gathering, the secondary gathering for the 'break out' shot's like the squad pics, and then hang out with those who's company you enjoy after that, too. Go shop the dealer's room or view the artists' work.
Everyone that I met was very nice to each other about costumes, helpful, encouraging, and nice to hang out with.

Maaan I wouldn't be able to decide which costume to wear then! I do love my mini Byakuya. But I just don't feel right if I'm not Renji...My braincells can' come to an agreement!

That dinner was a lot of fun! Especially the part where I made a complete mess out of my soda..and..god knows what else. ( the other captains nerves?  XD

It's usually the imprormptu's that are the most fun.

Quote from: billgoku on August 24, 2008, 11:44:54 PM

I'm down with that too, even though my cosplay wont be a captain. lol I'd hope I could join. :P

ICHIGOS have to sit at the kids false shinigami table!

billgoku

Quote from: Yuu on August 25, 2008, 12:46:57 AM

Oi!  If I eat too much I'll get fat and slow! Then I'll never catch the damned cat demon! Is THAT what you want?!

Seriously, frisbee and the shoot would have been far moe enjoyable had I not been dealing with a migraine the size of Kurosakis ego.

;)

Maaan I wouldn't be able to decide which costume to wear then! I do love my mini Byakuya. But I just don't feel right if I'm not Renji...My braincells can' come to an agreement!

That dinner was a lot of fun! Especially the part where I made a complete mess out of my soda..and..god knows what else. ( the other captains nerves?  XD

It's usually the imprormptu's that are the most fun.

Quote from: billgoku on August 24, 2008, 11:44:54 PM

lol Fine, I see how much I'm loved. :P Though I'm going to have a hard time storing my huge sword while eating. xD
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

kimu

As for Yukari Renji and not eating....
I believe that 3 Captains ganged up on you, not to mention other assorted people around there....
I'm wandering about and I hear this concerned muttering about "need to get Yukari to bed...she hasn't eaten" blah blah blah.
First, we have Captain Mom Unohana's cookies. We feed them to Yukari.
Then I mention that while I wasn't Renji's captain, and so can't exactly order to Renji to bed, but there were 2 Captains requesting it--when we had Byakuya show up. So I requested Byakuya order his lieutenant to bed....and after that was done (such great fun!), there's Yukari as Renji bowing off "yes, taicho!" and dashing off to bed.....(so we believed... ;) )
A great fun moment of real life concern for someone's well being mixed with a big dash of cosplay fun.

RE: Ichigo....
I believe that Ukitake gave Ichigo the special Shinigami badge...<coughs>
As for the swords, a suggestion would be before dinner to drop off the weapons/big props in the hotel room or a friend's room to make it easier.

And I still don't think it would be required to be only Captain's for dinner...think of it as...those who merited dinner with the Captains too? LOL!
Although it would be hard to explain any Arrancar there....
(Just that I would not want to exclude any Bleach fan/cosplayer from an event like a dinner because they weren't a captain character.)

And yes, Yuu....as mini-Byakuya you did remind the older captains of your youthful frivolity..... ;P

MidnightRosebud

"Seriously, frisbee and the shoot would have been far moe enjoyable had I not been dealing with a migraine the size of Kurosakis ego."

-cracks up- That's really funny, and I do not entirely know why. XD

Cosplay 2010

Charis

Sorry, darling, but you got stuck with the zen captains and your future self, so no such luck.  Unless, perhaps, future-you was appalled to see firsthand how he'd behaved in the past.

A picnic lunch would be fun, too, though that'd require a little more planning for everyone to bring food with them.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Sora

;)

That sounds awesome! :D Count me in.
"Don't give me any orders."

chumichan

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on August 24, 2008, 08:35:37 PM
Quote from: chumichan on August 24, 2008, 05:57:29 PM

It's a long ways until Fanime 08, and there's plenty of characters to choose from! : D

Ummm...you mean 2009, correct? >.<

OH YEAH LOL. -faaiiiil- D:! I fixed it.
Thanks for pointing that out uuuuu~
Cosplay for FanimeCon 2009:
> Trucy Wright
> Rin Kagamine (Gekokujou) ?
> Chrome Dokuro (yukata) ? ?
> Seychelles ? ? ?
> Neku Sakuraba ? ? ? ?

Yuu

Quote from: kimu on August 25, 2008, 07:53:06 AM
I believe that 3 Captains ganged up on you, not to mention other assorted people around there....
I'm wandering about and I hear this concerned muttering about "need to get Yukari to bed...she hasn't eaten" blah blah blah.
Then I mention that while I wasn't Renji's captain, and so can't exactly order to Renji to bed, but there were 2 Captains requesting it--when we had Byakuya show up. So I requested Byakuya order his lieutenant to bed....and after that was done (such great fun!), there's Yukari as Renji bowing off "yes, taicho!" and dashing off to bed.....(so we believed... ;) )
A great fun moment of real life concern for someone's well being mixed with a big dash of cosplay fun.

As for the swords, a suggestion would be before dinner to drop off the weapons/big props in the hotel room or a friend's room to make it easier.

And I still don't think it would be required to be only Captain's for dinner...think of it as...those who merited dinner with the Captains too? LOL!
(Just that I would not want to exclude any Bleach fan/cosplayer from an event like a dinner because they weren't a captain character.)

And yes, Yuu....as mini-Byakuya you did remind the older captains of your youthful frivolity..... ;P

Yea, a SUBSTITUE shinigani badge. 'substitute' does not mean 'meddle'.

Oh those IC moments are the best part of any con. But Yukari, why did you listen.  Shoulda told him to piss off >D

Wait..so there WAS another Bykuya there? The entire time I Never saw another one.

My favorite bit of Cosplay fun was at AX 07's photo shoot.  I was practically passed out on the ground when the called for Renji. I pulled myself up tried to get through the crowd but there was a Byakuya standing right in my way.

Me:Taichou...
Byakuya:  Yes Renji?
Me: Your in my way GTFO!! "
I didn't realized I yelled so loud, but apparently everyone heard it because it was followed by a collective " Ooooooooh"
Byakuya just gave me this death glare but grudgingly stepped aside.

I win!

Oh, random but related question; does anyone know why Renji still refuses to wear his Lieutenants badge?  He and Byakuya have stopped trying to kill each other ( for now)
Honestly, I don't know why he took it off in the first place. He took it off early enough that I don't think there was a reason for him to be that pissed at Byakuya.

Kumoricon is next weekend. Hopefully I'll get return with some awesome cosplay shenanigans. XD

I figured that if young Byakuya ever saw what a boring stiff his older self is, he would make it a point to be as obnoxious as possible before it was too late. Besides, he's rich. Someone else will clean up his messes.

SweetNiar

haha! Ichigo is always getting stuck with the kids anyways, its funny how they are always getting on his nerves, bossing him around, or beat upon by them somehow XD

And i mean the kid kids, not the shinigami ^_^

Yuu

Quote from: SweetNiar on August 25, 2008, 01:48:13 PM

haha! Ichigo is always getting stuck with the kids anyways, its funny how they are always getting on his nerves, bossing him around, or beat upon by them somehow XD

And i mean the kid kids, not the shinigami ^_^

Hmm.. your right. Okay Ichigo you can sit at the kids table with me!  BWAHAHA!!  * hides vial of cyanide.*

.but I'm not sharing a table with creepy ass white haired kid!

Oh..dear god..this is giving me ideas. XD

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: Yuu on August 25, 2008, 12:27:02 PM
Quote from: kimu on August 25, 2008, 07:53:06 AM

Oh those IC moments are the best part of any con. But Yukari, why did you listen.  Shoulda told him to piss off >D

haha, i was in too much of a delirious state from lack of rest and food to care that my captain ordered me off to my hotel room XD honestly have to thank them though for doing so (one of my friends was awesome enough to bring me takeout from Denny's since i was in no condition to go out XD).
I will be taking better care of myself next time around though :D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)