it failed DX
1 (1.1%)
didn't go
49 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

billgoku

Quote from: Yuu on September 17, 2008, 04:20:37 PM
Quote from: billgoku on September 17, 2008, 03:27:55 PM
Whats all this talk about Taco Bell? lol If i'm at Fanime, I make sure to eat like a king...no taco bell for me :D

Eh, whats this about too good for crappy food?  Arrogance is MY claim on this forum! Mine! *pouts*  

If by 'eat like a king' you mean that you intend spend a ridiculous amount of money on food that no one else would eat then that's totally doable at Fanime.

But if you mean to good food, not so much.   That little Japanese place was good, and so was that..kabob place ( of which i don't recall the name or location) but that's about it.

lol Well, I enjoyed my first time eating Original Joes last year, so I plan on doing that again, and yes that little Japanese place is always a must.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

SweetNiar

there are pleanty of place to eat lunch or dinner have no problem finding good food :), but at least once during the con i want a nice breakfast that doesnt have "Mc" in front of it so i go over to The City Bar & Grill on the Hilton Side....and they have a great breakfast buffet thats like $15 a person, but worth it.  I figure its not a whole lot when just going once during the weekend when i consider how much i spend in the dealer room ^_^

Charis

Hydration = the little Japanese place.

Askew is, I think, the name of the skewer place, and gad.  I love that place.  I wish we had something like that down here.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

midori-chaan

F-food...xD
I'm sorry I got everyone talking about it~
Cosplay List for 2009:
Editing

Slime9

Kanzake

@Midnight, school sucks D: XD, it just gives me something to do before fanime lulz
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

Yuu

Quote from: Kanzake on September 18, 2008, 09:03:15 PM
@Midnight, school sucks D: XD, it just gives me something to do before fanime lulz

I love school, except for the ridiculous prices of books.

I wonder who's idea that was... " Hmm the state needs more money! I know, lets gouge collage students! Those guys are loaded!"

This quarter the books cost as much as one class.

This time it's Japanese and Asian art. Honestly, I hate art. My law class was A LOT more fun. srsly. ;_;
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

Spalding

Taco bell is ok but it not great mexican food, but there are other place that have good food around con. :)

SweetNiar: I agree the City Bar & Grill on the Hilton Side have great food and even it little more money to pay but worth it. :D     
Is all about anime and fanime.

ToshiX

seems fillers going to end this month and oct 7, it will air on tuesdays again so hopefully thats when it follows the manga again
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Yukari Kaiba

Komamura got sucka-punched in the most recent manga chapter D:
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Yuu

Quote from: ToshiX on September 19, 2008, 12:53:34 AM
seems fillers going to end this month and oct 7, it will air on tuesdays again so hopefully thats when it follows the manga again

But I want filler to end NOW! >_< 

Ah at least an end is in sight. That makes Yuu happy for now.

Runewitt

i wants filler over!!

also, um... would people be interested in a human sized menos, or a larger than human sized one?
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Runewitt

Quote from: Yuu on September 17, 2008, 04:20:37 PM
Quote from: billgoku on September 17, 2008, 03:27:55 PM
Whats all this talk about Taco Bell? lol If i'm at Fanime, I make sure to eat like a king...no taco bell for me :D

Eh, whats this about too good for crappy food?  Arrogance is MY claim on this forum! Mine! *pouts*  

If by 'eat like a king' you mean that you intend spend a ridiculous amount of money on food that no one else would eat then that's totally doable at Fanime.

But if you mean to good food, not so much.   That little Japanese place was good, and so was that..kabob place ( of which i don't recall the name or location) but that's about it.
what ahout House of Siam on first?

SweetNiar

Quote from: Runewitt on September 22, 2008, 12:23:43 AM
i wants filler over!!

also, um... would people be interested in a human sized menos, or a larger than human sized one?

I thought about doing a larger than human size menos ;D I have tons of black fabric though as easy as making the mask would be i just really suck at making props ^_^;

But I would propbably give it a try if I plan on making it the costume

Runewitt

Quote from: SweetNiar on September 22, 2008, 11:13:28 AM
i wants filler over!!

I thought about doing a larger than human size menos ;D I have tons of black fabric though as easy as making the mask would be i just really suck at making props ^_^;

But I would propbably give it a try if I plan on making it the costume
i have to re-make my mask, i kinda... threw it off durring the photo shoot at the fountains, i'm doing a menos again next year, but have to decide how big i'm going to make it this time.

Yuu

i wants filler over!!

Don't worry about skill. The largest growing trend at anime cons, is idiot's who don't give a damn about skill and go nuts over size.

Just throw together a piece of crap over 6 ft and people will love it.

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: Yuu on September 22, 2008, 03:23:06 PM
i wants filler over!!

Don't worry about skill. The largest growing trend at anime cons, is idiot's who don't give a damn about skill and go nuts over size.

Just throw together a piece of crap over 6 ft and people will love it.
Ouch. Harsh much?
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

chumichan

Um, has anyone made their own vice captain arm badges before?

I'm working on shinigami!Mashiro, and I need to make her arm badge |:
Cosplay for FanimeCon 2009:
> Trucy Wright
> Rin Kagamine (Gekokujou) ?
> Chrome Dokuro (yukata) ? ?
> Seychelles ? ? ?
> Neku Sakuraba ? ? ? ?

Charis

Quote from: chumichan on September 22, 2008, 05:33:20 PM

I know a lot of people use things like balsa wood and other lightweight woods.  (I was terribly lazy and used a piece of heavy mock-suede for my hachibantai armband.)  Woodburning tools or simply paint are a good way to go, depending on what you have access too -- both look fine.  It's really pretty straightforward.  You can find the symbols here in easily printable form.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Dragon Ninja

You know, I also saw official armbands being sold on the internet and even at the Dealer's Room, maybe that could help you.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: chumichan on September 22, 2008, 05:33:20 PM

I made Divison 6 badge from a piece of beechwood cut in the shape of the badge and glued to the back a wide strip of t-shirt cloth (i used heavy duty glue and left the badge pressed under the weight of some heavy books over night to make sure it really stuck). the divison logo was sketched on in pencil and then painted over with black acrylic
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)