10 (10.6%)
it failed DX
1 (1.1%)
didn't go
49 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: chumichan on September 22, 2008, 05:33:20 PM
Um, has anyone made their own vice captain arm badges before?

I'm working on shinigami!Mashiro, and I need to make her arm badge |:

Goodness...O.O....everyone used actual wood? XD

I made mine out of styrofoam, ductape, and paint. Then I attached it to white material that I sewed into a tube and attached elastic on the inside of. 8D

I feel so lame and cheap right now, and yet giddy with how pathetic it is at the same time.  ;D
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

Yuu

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on September 22, 2008, 03:34:07 PM
Quote from: Yuu on September 22, 2008, 03:23:06 PM
Quote from: SweetNiar on September 22, 2008, 11:13:28 AM
Quote from: Runewitt on September 22, 2008, 12:23:43 AM
i wants filler over!!

also, um... would people be interested in a human sized menos, or a larger than human sized one?

I thought about doing a larger than human size menos ;D I have tons of black fabric though as easy as making the mask would be i just really suck at making props ^_^;

Don't worry about skill. The largest growing trend at anime cons, is idiot's who don't give a damn about skill and go nuts over size.

Just throw together a piece of crap over 6 ft and people will love it.
Ouch. Harsh much?

Well you ARE talking to me so no, never. <3

It's probably not the same at fanime, but around here people gush ( and gloat) over poorly constructed and highly impractically props just because they're huge.

Eh, I'm not impressed unless it's well built and practical. Cuz you know..size isn't everything.

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on September 22, 2008, 07:38:43 PM
Quote from: chumichan on September 22, 2008, 05:33:20 PM
Um, has anyone made their own vice captain arm badges before?

I'm working on shinigami!Mashiro, and I need to make her arm badge |:

Goodness...O.O....everyone used actual wood? XD

I made mine out of styrofoam, ductape, and paint. Then I attached it to white material that I sewed into a tube and attached elastic on the inside of. 8D

I feel so lame and cheap right now, and yet giddy with how pathetic it is at the same time.  ;D

Paul wants to use the equipment at work to make one out of wood, but I told him not to bother since Renji never, ever wears one.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

sael

I'm so sad I couldn't go last year :( And I feel bad, bailing out on you Petra. So I'm pre-registering this year. That way I feel impelled to attend no matter what ! :) (Well, barring certain circumstances...) Can't say who I'll cosplay as yet, though... Shinigami of some sort, probably.

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: chaosbark on September 23, 2008, 06:52:19 PM
I'm so sad I couldn't go last year :( And I feel bad, bailing out on you *NAME CENZORD*. So I'm pre-registering this year. That way I feel impelled to attend no matter what ! :) (Well, barring certain circumstances...) Can't say who I'll cosplay as yet, though... Shinigami of some sort, probably.

aw don't feel bad - stuff comes up, its understandable and totally ok. it will be awesome to have you at the gathering this year! =D *adds to list*
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

iKuraudo

I wish my friend would already tell me which bleach character she's going to go as. =3
'cause then I would tell you guys..

Yep, I am still up for cosplaying as Captain Version of Kisuke.
That isn't going to change one bit. =3

Also, I can't wait for the next bleach chapter to start. =3
And I find it funny that new bleach fans label us as 'Soul Reaper' when we are really 'shiginami'.

Yuu

Quote from: iKuraudo on September 24, 2008, 11:45:36 PM
I wish my friend would already tell me which bleach character she's going to go as. =3

And I find it funny that new bleach fans label us as 'Soul Reaper' when we are really 'shiginami'.

Yea, aren't the chapters supposed to be up by Wednesday? It's starting to get interesting. Even more, I want to see the new non-filler anime episode.

I hate to perpetuate the idea that all I do is bitch, but I really hate that attitude.
'Soul reaper' and Shinigami are the same thing.  Soul Reaper isn't wrong or 'stupid' it's just the english adaptation.

I really hate to perpetuate that all I do is complain..but I really hate that elitist additude. " Soul Reaper/ shinigami" It doesn't matter.

iKuraudo

Quote from: Yuu on September 25, 2008, 03:46:50 PM

Yea, aren't the chapters supposed to be up by Wednesday? It's starting to get interesting. Even more, I want to see the new non-filler anime episode.

I hate to perpetuate the idea that all I do is bitch, but I really hate that attitude.
'Soul reaper' and Shinigami are the same thing.  Soul Reaper isn't wrong or 'stupid' it's just the english adaptation.

I really hate to perpetuate that all I do is complain..but I really hate that elitist additude. " Soul Reaper/ shinigami" It doesn't matter.
But doesn't Shiginami lit means 'Death God' in Japanese?
Soul Reapers just sounds really bad in my opinion, like we all are stealing souls or something.
Yeah, I agree with the manga turning up really interesting. I wonder what would happen next?

Yuu

Quote from: iKuraudo on September 26, 2008, 12:51:16 AM

Soul Reapers just sounds really bad in my opinion, like we all are stealing souls or something.
Yeah, I agree with the manga turning up really interesting. I wonder what would happen next?

Yea, but it could be worse.  Remember the days of EARLY dubbed anime?

The equivilent of 'shinigami' in english would be the 'grim reaper'. who does not so much 'steal' souls, just takes them to underworld/after live ect when they died. So that's why it's translated that way.

Aaa..class in two minutes..must ..cut ..short.. Bai! * shunpos away* XP

ININ

I'm going all out at Yaoi Con.  I'm bringing my Hitsugaya cosplay, and I'm brining my Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicles and Chrono Harlaown from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.  See you there for those attending YCon =)

chumichan

Yuu, did you lose the link to the icon I made you? If you did, here it is ♥

(Why yes, I did remake it. Again. I have no life, lol)
Cosplay for FanimeCon 2009:
> Trucy Wright
> Rin Kagamine (Gekokujou) ?
> Chrome Dokuro (yukata) ? ?
> Seychelles ? ? ?
> Neku Sakuraba ? ? ? ?

Spalding

Quote from: Yuu on September 26, 2008, 08:56:40 AM
Quote from: iKuraudo on September 26, 2008, 12:51:16 AM

Yea, but it could be worse.  Remember the days of EARLY dubbed anime?

The equivilent of 'shinigami' in english would be the 'grim reaper'. who does not so much 'steal' souls, just takes them to underworld/after live ect when they died. So that's why it's translated that way.

Aaa..class in two minutes..must ..cut ..short.. Bai! * shunpos away* XP

I agree on that, sometime there are words in Japanese can't be translate in to english and if it can be translate in english  it do not sounds right. So they change it. XP

Also I hope everybody have fun in Yaoi Con. XP   
Is all about anime and fanime.

chumichan

It's so weird, in the first early English dubs of Bleach, they use "Soul Reaper",
and then in the more recent dubs, they're using "shinigami"?
Cosplay for FanimeCon 2009:
> Trucy Wright
> Rin Kagamine (Gekokujou) ?
> Chrome Dokuro (yukata) ? ?
> Seychelles ? ? ?
> Neku Sakuraba ? ? ? ?

Yuu

Quote from: chumichan on September 26, 2008, 04:37:29 PM
Yuu, did you lose the link to the icon I made you? If you did, here it is ♥

(Why yes, I did remake it. Again. I have no life, lol)

Thanks. I actually don't know why my avi was taken down, but it doesn't really matter becuase my computer is DEAD and I have no internet.

So.I wont get to post too often. i bet your all sooo sad. XD

Yukari Kaiba

like omg I has a new Bleach cosplay that isn't an Arrancar or a Renji variation! 8D:
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/177104/
*debuted it at Yaoi Con*
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on September 29, 2008, 12:25:18 AM
like omg I has a new Bleach cosplay that isn't an Arrancar or a Renji variation! 8D:
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/177104/
*debuted it at Yaoi Con*

WOOT! I saw you and you were F*CKING AWESOME~
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

ToshiX

"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Spalding

You look awesome Yukari. X) Also did everyone have fun in Yaoi Con.  :)
Is all about anime and fanime.

iKuraudo

Yukari, can you put me as a maybe for Byakuya? [If I decide to switch to him, It would be his captain version. I'm still deciding with Urahara or Byakuya...] x3

Yukari Kaiba

added you to the list ^^
thanks for the comments on my Izuru everybody ^^ had so much fun posing all crazy like XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

iKuraudo

Yukari, your cosplays are always awesome! =3